The Young Earth theory and pleistocine and ice age eras. (Moved from Creation & Evolution)

Jimmy D

Dec 11, 2014
✟268,799.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
IF Darwin was given to us to find a cure for cancer, he left his medical studies behind and crossed over to biology.

Often I admire your straightforward adherance to your beliefs (apart from a certain subject I don't want to bring up) but this is just wild speculation. I suggest you stick to your "the Bible says it, that settles it".

Upvote 0

Mobezom

Oct 30, 2016
Menomonie, Wisconsin
✟17,180.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
So you could buy or sell.

You mean the microchips? :p

Scientists aren't Satan, AV. You can drop the paranoia anytime now.

You don't think I know that?

By "races," he means "species."

You're saying that Darwinism lead to eugenics. That is wrong, and furthermore, irrelevant to the truth. If gravity lead to death, that wouldn't make gravity wrong.

Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟871,701.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Oh, by the four hells, not the "preservation of favoured races" again. He was talking about animal breeds, not human races. And you should read up on the is-ought distinction. Maybe reality isn't fair or ethical. Maybe animals die, and more fit ones survive more.

Preservation: They die less.
Favoured: More fit for their environment.
Races: Species variants.

He's describing natural selection.

He's been using that same shtick to get a rise out of people for 10 years now. You're best bet is to just ignore him.

Upvote 0

TagliatelliMonster

Sep 22, 2016
Brugge
✟66,672.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Big deal.

Theistic evolutionists believe an ape died on the Cross to redeem us.

Yep. Just like they accept (not 'believe') that this ape was also a mammal and tetrapod, build from eukaryote cells.

Because, you know... facts and stuff.

• Agree
Reactions: Bugeyedcreepy
Upvote 0

Ophiolite

Recalcitrant Procrastinating Ape
Nov 12, 2008
✟240,979.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
He's been using that same shtick to get a rise out of people for 10 years now. You're best bet is to just ignore him.
I put him on ignore two days ago. Since then my blood pressure has lowered, birds sing as I walk in the garden, the sun appears from behind clouds and Andy Murray won his first match as world number one. I thoroughly recommend the practice.

Upvote 0

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
the flood ..
God says he created the earth in 7 days
the unbelieving type say that's impossible - which means god doesn't exist
but he does, so one of them is a liar and it 'aint God .

No, the Bible says that, and the Bible was written by man. Conflating a work of man with a work of God sounds rather blasphemous to me. And the writers of the Bible did not necessarily lie. They simply knew no better.

The evidence clearly tells us that there was never a worldwide flood. And since God would have to be the ultimate creator of that evidence in Christian belief you are implying a lying God if you state that there was a flood. I always thought that it was better to have an honest God and man made errors in the Bible rather than having a correct Bible, but a lying God.

Upvote 0

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No, the Bible says that, and the Bible was written by man. Conflating a work of man with a work of God sounds rather blasphemous to me. And the writers of the Bible did not necessarily lie. They simply knew no better.

The evidence clearly tells us that there was never a worldwide flood. And since God would have to be the ultimate creator of that evidence in Christian belief you are implying a lying God if you state that there was a flood. I always thought that it was better to have an honest God and man made errors in the Bible rather than having a correct Bible, but a lying God.
you're an atheist .. ..welcome to my ignore list .

Upvote 0

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Remember Nimrod?

He was at one time a "mighty hunter before the LORD."

God probably gave them Nimrod so he could hunt food for them like no other hunter on the earth.

But what did he do?

He left his talents behind and went and built three cities, one of which has become a poster child for evil.

And what is this empire he built also known for?

Writing the Epic of Gilgamesh, Satan's way of performing diabolical plagiarism of the Scriptures that existed to date.

IF Darwin was given to us to find a cure for cancer, he left his medical studies behind and crossed over to biology.

And what is he known for?

Writing The Preservation of Favoured Races in the Struggle for Life.

A prequel to My Struggles that came later.

Ironic that he brought back a communicable disease with him, isn't it?
not to mention ( i hear tell) inspiring the murder of australian aboriginal tribesmen in order to use their skulls to pump up darwins theories . yes that's right it's reported . due to the shape of their foreheads and skin colour and the fact they didn't wear a suit ..they were considered to be a "lower form of life " and were shot like an animal in order to extract the skull .. evolutions theory is the most extreme form of racism there ever was and ever will be .

im sure the atheist will clamour, but iv ignored as many as i can .though i do find it of interest that in another thread on theistic evolution .. a person identifying as "christian" on CF . used exactly the same phrase that is used here .. "the bible is only written by men ".
Imagine that- a christian theistic evolutionist and an atheist in perfect agreement .. go figure

Reactions: AV1611VET
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Jimmy D

Dec 11, 2014
✟268,799.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
not to mention ( i hear tell) inspiring the murder of australian aboriginal tribesmen in order to use their skulls to pump up darwins theories . yes that's right it's reported . due to the shape of their foreheads and skin colour and the fact they didn't wear a suit ..they were considered to be a "lower form of life " and were shot like an animal in order to extract the skull

The aboriginies were treated abysmally, as were the indiginous people of may countries, long before and after Darwin.

evolutions theory is the most extreme form of racism there ever was and ever will be .

Surely it says humans are all the same species, that would have the effect of unifying us surely?

Imagine that- a christian theistic evolutionist and an atheist in perfect agreement .. go figure

Ever consider the fact that it might be your interpretaion of the bible that could be wrong? I don't doubt that the majority of Christians (particularly in Europe) accept the Theory of Evolution - they certainly do in my experience. You don't have to deny facts about the natural world to hold religious beliefs.

Upvote 0

FrumiousBandersnatch

Mar 20, 2009
✟326,754.00
Faith
Atheist
you're an atheist .. ..welcome to my ignore list .
You do realize that the Discussion & Debate forums are for Christians and non-Christians to discuss and debate?

There are plenty of Christian-only forums - if you're going to put atheists on your ignore list there's little point being in the Discussion & Debate forums.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,910,174.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
due to the shape of their foreheads and skin colour and the fact they didn't wear a suit ..they were considered to be a "lower form of life " and were shot like an animal in order to extract the skull .. evolutions theory is the most extreme form of racism there ever was and ever will be .
It's worse now.

Due to the shape of their foreheads and skin color, and the fact they don't wear a suit, and where they reside, scientists today don't consider them to be life at all and abort them, using their carcasses as fuel to heat hospitals!

They start being burned out with a saline solution and end up in a furnace.

Leviticus 18:21a And thou shalt not let any of thy seed pass through the fire to Molech,

Molech still demands sacrifices today.

• Informative
Reactions: Alithis
Upvote 0

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
You do realize that the Discussion & Debate forums are for Christians and non-Christians to discuss and debate?

There are plenty of Christian-only forums - if you're going to put atheists on your ignore list there's little point being in the Discussion & Debate forums.

He may have already seen that you are an atheist and put you on ignore too.

Of course it is much easier to avoid learning why one is wrong if one only listens to one side of a discussion.

• Agree
Reactions: tyke
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
It's worse now.

Due to the shape of their foreheads and skin color, and the fact they don't wear a suit, and where they reside, scientists today don't consider them to be life at all and abort them, using their carcasses as fuel to heat hospitals!

They start being burned out with a saline solution and end up in a furnace.

Leviticus 18:21a And thou shalt not let any of thy seed pass through the fire to Molech,

Molech still demands sacrifices today.

Ah, a reference to abortion doctors. Hardly people that would qualify as scientists. And it seems that you are ignoring the one clear case of chemically induced abortion in the Bible to boot.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,910,174.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Ah, a reference to abortion doctors.
There wouldn't be any legitimate abortion doctors, if it hadn't been for scientists.
Subduction Zone said:
Hardly people that would qualify as scientists.
Ya ... scientists have proprietary rights to the scientific method, don't they?
Subduction Zone said:
And it seems that you are ignoring the one clear case of chemically induced abortion in the Bible to boot.
You mean that lie detector test in Numbers 5?

Upvote 0

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
There wouldn't be any legitimate abortion doctors, if it hadn't been for scientists.

So what? But at least you recognize the fact that those doctors do fulfill a legitimate task.

Ya ... scientists have proprietary rights to the scientific method, don't they?

No, people that follow and apply the scientific method have proprietary rights over the word "scientist".

You mean that lie detector test in Numbers 5?

We are talking about the test that results in the abortion of a fetus. I guess that you could call that a "lie detector test". So yes.

Upvote 0

Mobezom

Oct 30, 2016
Menomonie, Wisconsin
✟17,180.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
So what? But at least you recognize the fact that those doctors do fulfill a legitimate task.

No, they do ungodly tasks. Who told them they were allowed to think for themselves?!
No, people that follow and apply the scientific method have proprietary rights over the word "scientist".

Says who? The science police?!
We are talking about the test that results in the abortion of a fetus. I guess that you could call that a "lie detector test". So yes.
But if I twist the words my way, anything can be justified!

:p

Upvote 0

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

I'm sure I'm free to debate with whom ever I wish and I don't wish to debate with atheists.. There is no point .join the list

Upvote 0