Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
CNA Staff, Nov 28, 2020 / 03:48 am MT (CNA).- Servant of God Floripes de Jesús, better known as Lola, was a Brazilian laywoman who lived on the Eucharist alone for 60 years.

Lola was born in 1913 in Minas Gerais state, Brazil.

At the age of 16, she fell out of a tree. The accident changed her life. She was left paraplegic and “her body changed - she no longer felt hungry, thirsty or sleepy. No remedy was effective,” said Brazilian priest Gabriel Vila Verde, who recently shared Lola’s story on social media.

Lola began to nourish herself with just one consecrated Host a day. She lived that way for 60 years, Vila Verde said. In addition, “for a long time, she remained in a bed without a mattress, as a form of penance.”

Continued below.
The woman who lived for 60 years on the Eucharist alone

tansy

Jan 12, 2008
✟35,507.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
CNA Staff, Nov 28, 2020 / 03:48 am MT (CNA).- Servant of God Floripes de Jesús, better known as Lola, was a Brazilian laywoman who lived on the Eucharist alone for 60 years.

Lola was born in 1913 in Minas Gerais state, Brazil.

At the age of 16, she fell out of a tree. The accident changed her life. She was left paraplegic and “her body changed - she no longer felt hungry, thirsty or sleepy. No remedy was effective,” said Brazilian priest Gabriel Vila Verde, who recently shared Lola’s story on social media.

Lola began to nourish herself with just one consecrated Host a day. She lived that way for 60 years, Vila Verde said. In addition, “for a long time, she remained in a bed without a mattress, as a form of penance.”

Continued below.
The woman who lived for 60 years on the Eucharist alone

But would scientists or doctors believe that is possible? I have heard of other people who apparently don't eat, but survive. And doctors are convinced that they must secretly be fed. Not that I don't believe these things could happen, but has there been any proper scientific observation or sort of controls to check it out? en published other than in Brazil

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,676,883.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
But would scientists or doctors believe that is possible? I have heard of other people who apparently don't eat, but survive. And doctors are convinced that they must secretly be fed. Not that I don't believe these things could happen, but has there been any proper scientific observation or sort of controls to check it out? en published other than in Brazil
I’ve read of several people like this where doctors were called in and they never found they ate anything else. I believe Theresa Neumann was one of those people.

Reactions: tansy
Upvote 0

tansy

Jan 12, 2008
✟35,507.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I’ve read of several people like this where doctors were called in and they never found they ate anything else. I believe Theresa Neumann was one of those people.

I have read a couple of things...I wonder what causes it? I mean obviously with the woman livng on the Eucharist, you could say she is getting nouishment from the Bread of Life. However, the other example I read of was someone who I don't think was a Christian and wasn't eating the host. But maybe he was a spiritual person, I can't remember details. He was possibly from India.
It would be great if everyone could survive like this...there would be no famines, hunger or starvation.

Upvote 0