Veteran
Aug 29, 2004
Iowa
✟9,980.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
I recently read a short article about the book "The Way of a Pilgrim", and this was the first time I had heard of this tale of Russian spirituality in the 1800s. I think I would enjoy reading the book, but would like a little more information, and if I buy it, it appears on amazon that there appear are various editions/translations.

Thanks!

Padraig

Apr 11, 2005
Tennessee
✟15,767.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
IowaLutheran said:
I recently read a short article about the book "The Way of a Pilgrim", and this was the first time I had heard of this tale of Russian spirituality in the 1800s. I think I would enjoy reading the book, but would like a little more information, and if I buy it, it appears on amazon that there appear are various editions/translations.

Thanks!

I would suggest, if you're going to read it, read this one. It has a forward by Fr Thomas Hopko with very necessary advice.

Kevin

Upvote 0

MrJim

Legend 3/17/05
Mar 17, 2005
FEMA Region III
✟42,622.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Whatever one you get you gotta read it. I'm not Orthodox (yet;) ) but this little book started me on a real journey.

Found my little paperback at a Mennonite used bookstore for .50 and it's a real treasure (Ballantine Books 1977 translated by R. M. French) worth 100X the price (no not collector value but eternal value).

Upvote 0

Tsarina

Most Holy Theotokos save us!
Aug 13, 2005
Who wants to know?
Visit site
✟6,523.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Lol, I just started reading this book today, (only one chapter). I just put the book down and come online and, 'boom'! there is a post about it, lols I had to laugh.

The book, (The Way Of a Pilgrim) was written by an anonymous 19th century Russian peasent. The book tells his constant struggle with the problem of "how to pray without ceasing." Its really intresting, great stuff!

Chapter 2, tomarrow. ;)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Status
Not open for further replies.