USA
✟234,973.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
With such a huge victory and seats picked up in the house and senate, this is a huge pushback against the liberal insanity of the past 8 years.

Let's build that wall, end abortion and Obamacare, and insist on people peeing in the appropriate restrooms for their actual gender, just for starters.

jimmyjimmy

Pardoned Rebel
Site Supporter
Jan 2, 2015
USA
✟234,973.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Sounds good, we can start rounding up the people to be deported later.

I truly wish that this country had the spine to deport people who have come here illegally. I doubt it will happen, but I also doubted Trump would win. . .

Upvote 0

Uber Genius

"Super Genius"
Aug 13, 2016
Kentucky
✟56,826.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
With such a huge victory and seats picked up in the house and senate, this is a huge pushback against the liberal insanity of the past 8 years.

Let's build that wall, end abortion and Obamacare, and insist on people peeing in the appropriate restrooms for their actual gender, just for starters.
That is assuming The Don is still pro-life this morning.

Upvote 0

LoAmmi

Dispassionate
Mar 12, 2012
✟209,533.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married

People going to the bathroom being a big issue in our time is sad.

• Agree
Reactions: Genersis
Upvote 0

Oafman

Try telling that to these bog brained murphys
Dec 19, 2012
Malice
✟28,559.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
UK-Labour
Next year the GOP gets a full sweep. Both houses, the executive and major judicial appointments.

It's your chance, go ahead, impress me. It's your shot.
2007 was the last time this was the case. It was not followed by strong economic growth! Quite the opposite in fact, it was followed by a deep recession.

So don't hold your breathe.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

mindlight

See in the dark
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2003
London, UK
✟824,964.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

I agree and hope that this does indeed mark a major reversal for the aberrant liberalism of the last 8 years and especially regarding gay marriage and abortion in the US and further afield. That said I do not care who shares my bathroom so long as they stay out of my way and have no truck with Trumps anti immigrant policies

Upvote 0

LivingWordUnity

Unchanging Deposit of Faith, Traditional Catholic
May 10, 2007
✟213,086.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I agree and hope that this does indeed mark a major reversal for the aberrant liberalism of the last 8 years and especially regarding gay marriage and abortion in the US and further afield. That said I do not care who shares my bathroom so long as they stay out of my way and have no truck with Trumps anti immigrant policies
Having no separation of the sexes with bathrooms is more of a threat to women and girls.

Upvote 0

MoonlessNight

Fides et Ratio
Sep 16, 2003
✟63,049.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
The biggest victory, in both cases, is showing the elites that they do not control democracies; the people do.

Of course, because of this I expect a lot of elites to start unironically calling for the end of democracies, since they do not get them the desired results.

Upvote 0

Oafman

Dec 19, 2012
Malice
✟28,559.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
UK-Labour
The biggest victory, in both cases, is showing the elites that they do not control democracies; the people do.

Of course, because of this I expect a lot of elites to start unironically calling for the end of democracies, since they do not get them the desired results.
America just elected a member of the elite.

If you don't realise that, you're delusional

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

MoonlessNight

Fides et Ratio
Sep 16, 2003
✟63,049.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
America just elected a member of the elite.

If you don't realise that, you're delusional

Trump is rich but he isn't aristocracy.

There's a difference between the two and there always has been (for example, the characters in The Three Musketeers are aristocrats, but are nearly perpetually broke).

When I say "elites" I mean in the aristocratic sense. The people who have all the correct social and political sensibilities, and because of this view themselves as a class above the common folk.

Upvote 0

Oafman

Dec 19, 2012
Malice
✟28,559.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
UK-Labour
Trump is rich but he isn't aristocracy.

There's a difference between the two and there always has been (for example, the characters in The Three Musketeers are aristocrats, but are nearly perpetually broke).

When I say "elites" I mean in the aristocratic sense. The people who have all the correct social and political sensibilities, and because of this view themselves as a class above the common folk.
Aristocracy? Do you mean, people born into money?

Or do you just mean he's someone who has somehow managed to trick you into believing that he's not a member of the elite?

It has been a political fact for decades, if not centuries: if the working classes want representation, their only hope is to elect one of their own. Elites who promise to represent them never, ever deliver. Trump will not be the exception to that rule.

Upvote 0

MoonlessNight

Fides et Ratio
Sep 16, 2003
✟63,049.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Aristocracy? Do you mean, people born into money?

Or do you just mean he's someone who has somehow managed to trick you into believing that he's not a member of the elite?

It has been a political fact for decades, if not centuries: if the working classes want representation, their only hope is to elect one of their own. Elites who promise to represent them never, ever deliver. Trump will not be the exception to that rule.

You think that dynasties like the Kennedys or Clintons or Bushes think that Trump is one of them, or even could be? He's new money, no matter what his father did, and his businesses are vulgar. That's what I mean.

I'm not under the misapprehension that Trump is some poor downtrodden coal miner or something.

But if you want to go just on money alone, compare the amount that each campaign spent.

Upvote 0

Cute Tink

Blah
Site Supporter
Nov 22, 2002
✟125,391.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Let's build that wall, end abortion and Obamacare

You most likely aren't getting that wall.
Abortion is probably not going anywhere.
Obamacare you might actually end, but what are you going to do about all the health care issues in its absence is the real question.

Upvote 0

mindlight

See in the dark
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2003
London, UK
✟824,964.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Having no separation of the sexes with bathrooms is more of a threat to women and girls.

Well in a mixed bathroom i could accompany my daughter or wife and wait while they are in the locked cubicles. If anything that is safer than a single sex bathroom. I would never let my daughter go alone into a mixed public toilet in a disreputable area and would be unhappy at wife doing so though in most others standing outside is sufficient. It seems there are some irrational fears woven into this. The main argument against mixed bathrooms is that men would no longer be able to use simple urinals and the whole process would become massively inefficient. Any public event the queues outside cubicle only female bathrooms are always 2-10 times longer than male bathrooms. Also arguments about leaving the seat up could cause violent public incidents ;-)

Upvote 0