Kolbu
✟1,857.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
So, they say whe you sleep deeply, like rem-sleep and youre under alot of stress, you can wake up in the middle of the night and see something in the room, like dark shadows or a woman sliding towards you while youre paralysised, to keep you from acting out bodily while dreaming the body gets paralysised, but sometimes you can wake up during it and cant move and when you for example see something moving towards you in that state it can be so terrifying you even crack teeths, my own personal theory was perhaps that you lack excitement in daily life so you act out these fantasies at night to get entertained, its like you make a show that plays out without you being able to stop it so easily, so you get very scared because it looks so real, but what the theory lacks in evidence is that why dont you know you made it yourself? Exactly, theres more to it seems.. the shadows you sometimes see during it, blocks out the background which is a little strange perhaps and if these beings is real and blocks out the background, it can be in sort of a reality in the same one as we live in, but outside our ability to see it, but what this theory lacks in evidence also is that, a popular theory today is that we dont really see all the lights around us because were just a brain that processes information, but I have to disagree with that theory also, I dont really believe we cant see all the spectrum of light, I think the soul observers directly everything around it without processing, more like just taking it in, so if these beings are real then, they have the ability to look just black or dark, for whatever reason, it could be an advances form of cloaking from aliens, but why just appear to scare you? So the evicence sort of points to that we make these beings ourself, but just to entertain ourself because we lack stimilu in daily life, something terrifying so you feel alive? Sleep-paralysis was actually very known in western society, you could ask like a priest and tell him about it and hed know about it, they say like every one out of five people experience it but they dont talk about it anymore afraid to be labeled as crazy, so is it really a live dream that plays out in front of your eyes, like dreaming at night from something you made during the day, I mean like, most wouldnt know where dreams itself comes from, but I personally think we make it ourself during the day from things we for example think about or experience and that sleep-paralysis episodes are a more extreme version of it when awake also, most people have the same experience mostly, like black shadows and floating hag and who knows what else, why the same experience, why do people also see the same hat-man outside looking in at you like he wants to come in and visit you, why the same experience usually? What are your thoughts on it?

• Prayers
Reactions: The Liturgist

Skye1300

Vegan Pro life Mom
Mar 19, 2022
West Coast USA
✟47,054.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Just think of sleep paralysis as the opposite of sleep walking. With sleep walkers there's a disorder in the brain that keeps a person's body from being temporarily paralyzed so they get up while asleep and act out their dreams.
In sleep paralysis, there's a disorder in the brain that keeps a person temporarily paralyzed even after they have woken up. But they are only partially awake because they are still seeing things from their dreams. The opposite of a lucid dream. In a lucid dream you know you are dreaming, in a sleep paralysis half awake dream, you are dreaming but think you're awake. You can't move because you are only partially awake.

Upvote 0

Overkommer

May 19, 2022
Kolbu
✟1,857.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Just think of sleep paralysis as the opposite of sleep walking. With sleep walkers there's a disorder in the brain that keeps a person's body from being temporarily paralyzed so they get up while asleep and act out their dreams.
In sleep paralysis, there's a disorder in the brain that keeps a person temporarily paralyzed even after they have woken up. But they are only partially awake because they are still seeing things from their dreams. The opposite of a lucid dream. In a lucid dream you know you are dreaming, in a sleep paralysis half awake dream, you are dreaming but think you're awake. You can't move because you are only partially awake.

How to explain that night-terrors are different from normal dreams and that you always are awake during it when its different?

• Useful
Upvote 0

The Liturgist

Traditional Liturgical Christian
Site Supporter
Nov 26, 2019
The Wild West
✟476,419.00
Country
United States
Faith
Generic Orthodox Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
So, they say whe you sleep deeply, like rem-sleep and youre under alot of stress, you can wake up in the middle of the night and see something in the room, like dark shadows or a woman sliding towards you while youre paralysised, to keep you from acting out bodily while dreaming the body gets paralysised, but sometimes you can wake up during it and cant move and when you for example see something moving towards you in that state it can be so terrifying you even crack teeths, my own personal theory was perhaps that you lack excitement in daily life so you act out these fantasies at night to get entertained, its like you make a show that plays out without you being able to stop it so easily, so you get very scared because it looks so real, but what the theory lacks in evidence is that why dont you know you made it yourself?

Well, I’ve had sleep paralysis all my life, my first experience of it being when I was a small boy, I have no siblings, by the way, and when lying down on the back seat of my parents’ car on long road trips, when I woke up I would find myself seemingly awake but unable to move or speak, which was alarming. I still experience that to this day usually if my sleep has been inadequate. I also dream vividly, in color, and this extends to nightmares, and I share this vivid color dreaming with my relatives. In fact I can’t comprehend dreaming in black and white, which apparently some people do.

I would note this has not changed during the boring or exciting or stressful periods of my life.

Exactly, theres more to it seems.. the shadows you sometimes see during it, blocks out the background which is a little strange perhaps and if these beings is real and blocks out the background, it can be in sort of a reality in the same one as we live in, but outside our ability to see it, but what this theory lacks in evidence also is that, a popular theory today is that we dont really see all the lights around us because were just a brain that processes information, but I have to disagree with that theory also, I dont really believe we cant see all the spectrum of light, I think the soul observers directly everything around it without processing, more like just taking it in, so if these beings are real then, they have the ability to look just black or dark, for whatever reason, it could be an advances form of cloaking from aliens, but why just appear to scare you? So the evicence sort of points to that we make these beings ourself, but just to entertain ourself because we lack stimilu in daily life, something terrifying so you feel alive? Sleep-paralysis was actually very known in western society, you could ask like a priest and tell him about it and hed know about it, they say like every one out of five people experience it but they dont talk about it anymore afraid to be labeled as crazy, so is it really a live dream that plays out in front of your eyes, like dreaming at night from something you made during the day, I mean like, most wouldnt know where dreams itself comes from, but I personally think we make it ourself during the day from things we for example think about or experience and that sleep-paralysis episodes are a more extreme version of it when awake also, most people have the same experience mostly, like black shadows and floating hag and who knows what else, why the same experience, why do people also see the same hat-man outside looking in at you like he wants to come in and visit you, why the same experience usually? What are your thoughts on it?

Well I myself am a clergyman and I am willing to talk about it as are most Orthodox priests and many Anglican, Catholic and Lutheran priests; I also know some Orthodox priests and many Catholic and Protestant priests who don’t want to talk about it. This even extends, due to monasticism, into the realm of mystical theology.

Now in the specific case you are mentioning, I would cite the view of Oriental Orthodox (Armenian, Coptic, Syriac, Ethiopian) and Eastern Orthodox (Greek, Antiochian, Finnish, Russian, Ukrainian, Estonian, Serbian, Bulgarian, Romanian, Cypriot, etc) and Assyrian Christian theologians, stretching back to the Desert Fathers and St. Anthony the Great, that these are likely demons attempting to disturb you. Also, mislead you via dreams which may not be frightening. It is considered a good practice in Orthodox Christianity to ignore dreams. I think such a view might also be endorsed by Catholic, Anglican and Lutheran clergy. My Anglican colleague @Shane R and my Orthodox, Catholic and Lutheran friends @prodromos @chevyontheriver and @ViaCrucis might have interesting comments.

Now I will also say that if you are being seriously disturbed by sleep paralysis, and by seeing in nightmares a menacing shadow and a hag, you should talk to a priest who is comfortable discussing it and who can refer you to a licensed mental health clinician if appropriate. And if its really serious, like if you are experiencing any significant impact on your quality of life, or are actually breaking teeth in fear, I would talk to a mental health clinician. Indeed my godfather’s daughter was a psychiatrist in Oostersund but I believe she recently retired.

Speaking of which, I have traveled into your country, to Trondheim from Oostersund by train, which allow me to tell people in complete seriousness that I have literally traveled through Hell. And at the train station in that charming Norwegian village there is an old cargo shipping office with a sign that says “Gods Expedition.”

And lest anyone reading this find this claim doubtful: Hell Station - Wikipedia

Upvote 0

The Liturgist

Site Supporter
Nov 26, 2019
The Wild West
✟476,419.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Celibate

Indeed, I think that is what I have experienced when unable to move. Whereas the hag and the shadow @Overkommer reported were a nightmare that occurred proximate to the paralysis.

I should stress @Overkommer that even though Orthodox theology would regard the hag and the shadow as being potentially demonic in origin, the whole point is so you ignore it. In the Orthodox churches you are taught to avert your eyes from such things and ignore them and not permit them to influence you.

I asked for advice on nightmares from a Coptic monk, and his technique worked amazingly well, which is to pray the Jesus Prayer while falling asleep, “Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, Have Mercy on Me, a Sinner”. Or I think just “Lord have mercy” or “Christ have mercy” or the Hail Mary prayer would work splendidly, or the Lord’s Prayer (“Our father.”)

I realize you are an atheist, but this works for us as Christians, and you wanted to talk to a priest it sounds like. We also have some Presbyterian and Baptist ministers on this site. My friend @Der Alte is of the Baptist persuasion.

The idea in general however is that we don’t want to allow sleep paralysis or nightmares affect us. And so we pray for deliverance. And there is no shame in seeing a counselor or psychologist or psychiatrist or other professional, indeed in some countries your family doctor can provide basic mental health services, if it becomes seriously unpleasant and is making your life miserable. And there is no stigma; what you experience is widespread, and frankly I have had worse nightmares and more extreme sleep paralysis than you describe. My approach is to, in general, not let it affect me, but dismiss it as demons attempting to get under my skin, which sounds terrifying, but my faith is in Jesus Christ, God incarnate, who is infinitely loving and powerful, and I can take consolation in that.

God bless you.

Reactions: Skye1300
Upvote 0

Overkommer

May 19, 2022
Kolbu
✟1,857.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Well, I’ve had sleep paralysis all my life, my first experience of it being when I was a small boy, I have no siblings, by the way, and when lying down on the back seat of my parents’ car on long road trips, when I woke up I would find myself seemingly awake but unable to move or speak, which was alarming. I still experience that to this day usually if my sleep has been inadequate. I also dream vividly, in color, and this extends to nightmares, and I share this vivid color dreaming with my relatives. In fact I can’t comprehend dreaming in black and white, which apparently some people do.

I would note this has not changed during the boring or exciting or stressful periods of my life.

Well I myself am a clergyman and I am willing to talk about it as are most Orthodox priests and many Anglican, Catholic and Lutheran priests; I also know some Orthodox priests and many Catholic and Protestant priests who don’t want to talk about it. This even extends, due to monasticism, into the realm of mystical theology.

Now in the specific case you are mentioning, I would cite the view of Oriental Orthodox (Armenian, Coptic, Syriac, Ethiopian) and Eastern Orthodox (Greek, Antiochian, Finnish, Russian, Ukrainian, Estonian, Serbian, Bulgarian, Romanian, Cypriot, etc) and Assyrian Christian theologians, stretching back to the Desert Fathers and St. Anthony the Great, that these are likely demons attempting to disturb you. Also, mislead you via dreams which may not be frightening. It is considered a good practice in Orthodox Christianity to ignore dreams. I think such a view might also be endorsed by Catholic, Anglican and Lutheran clergy. My Anglican colleague @Shane R and my Orthodox, Catholic and Lutheran friends @prodromos @chevyontheriver and @ViaCrucis might have interesting comments.

Now I will also say that if you are being seriously disturbed by sleep paralysis, and by seeing in nightmares a menacing shadow and a hag, you should talk to a priest who is comfortable discussing it and who can refer you to a licensed mental health clinician if appropriate. And if its really serious, like if you are experiencing any significant impact on your quality of life, or are actually breaking teeth in fear, I would talk to a mental health clinician. Indeed my godfather’s daughter was a psychiatrist in Oostersund but I believe she recently retired.

Speaking of which, I have traveled into your country, to Trondheim from Oostersund by train, which allow me to tell people in complete seriousness that I have literally traveled through Hell. And at the train station in that charming Norwegian village there is an old cargo shipping office with a sign that says “Gods Expedition.”

Thanks alot for that long answer, even though you went off trail a little with mental-doctors and stuff, but Ive never exp

No one really said it public, but theres an sort of an idea that people who see things like that are ether crazy or schizoprenic, it might be true, but I don`t know really, thanks alot for your long post I`m gonna read it several times, you trailed off a little I think with seeing a doctor, I personally think everythings should be taken seriously and not visit a mental-doctor

• Friendly
Upvote 0

The Liturgist

Site Supporter
Nov 26, 2019
The Wild West
✟476,419.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Celibate
Thanks alot for that long answer, even though you went off trail a little with mental-doctors and stuff, but Ive never exp

No one really said it public, but theres an sort of an idea that people who see things like that are ether crazy or schizoprenic, it might be true, but I don`t know really, thanks alot for your long post I`m gonna read it several times, you trailed off a little I think with seeing a doctor, I personally think everythings should be taken seriously and not visit a mental-doctor

Let me clarify my position: to my knowledge, sleep paralysis affects a huge chunk of the population, maybe a third, maybe half, maybe more, and no one has any right to think someone is schizophrenic, which is a very specific mental illness with very specific diagnostic criteria, for experiencing sleep hypnosis.

Also, I am not saying we should not take it seriously. Rather, that we should not allow ourselves to be distressed by sleep paralysis. And if we are distressed to an extreme degree, for example, if you are breaking your teeth due to terror as a result of experiencing this, that is where seeing a mental doctor might be appropriate. And it would not be because you are crazy. The word crazy is one that stigmatizes and should be avoided, but even if we indulge its use, one would generally apply it to someone who due to drugs or serious mental health issues, has lost all contact with reality. For example, I once encountered a woman who had clearly taken some drugs and who thought I was God, and who also was afraid she did not exist, or something bizarre, who kept banging her head into the glass windows in the front of my office building. She was young, attractive and well dressed and I suspect she had been experimenting, or was drugged against her will. The police had to take her to get help. I wouldn’t call her or anyone else crazy, but where she was at in life, that was what would historically have come to mind for me if someone used the word “crazy.” Obviously you haven’t mentioned anything like that.

And the only reason I mentioned mental health was because of what you said about breaking your teeth in fear, in that, if you are experiencing that, then if I were you, I would see someone, because if something in our sleep paralysis frightens us to the point where we clench our teeth so hard as to break them, that’s obviously something we should work on correcting.

Upvote 0

Overkommer

May 19, 2022
Kolbu
✟1,857.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Let me clarify my position: to my knowledge, sleep paralysis affects a huge chunk of the population, maybe a third, maybe half, maybe more, and no one has any right to think someone is schizophrenic, which is a very specific mental illness with very specific diagnostic criteria, for experiencing sleep hypnosis.

Also, I am not saying we should not take it seriously. Rather, that we should not allow ourselves to be distressed by sleep paralysis. And if we are distressed to an extreme degree, for example, if you are breaking your teeth due to terror as a result of experiencing this, that is where seeing a mental doctor might be appropriate. And it would not be because you are crazy. The word crazy is one that stigmatizes and should be avoided, but even if we indulge its use, one would generally apply it to someone who due to drugs or serious mental health issues, has lost all contact with reality. For example, I once encountered a woman who had clearly taken some drugs and who thought I was God, and who also was afraid she did not exist, or something bizarre, who kept banging her head into the glass windows in the front of my office building. She was young, attractive and well dressed and I suspect she had been experimenting, or was drugged against her will. The police had to take her to get help. I wouldn’t call her or anyone else crazy, but where she was at in life, that was what would historically have come to mind for me if someone used the word “crazy.” Obviously you haven’t mentioned anything like that.

And the only reason I mentioned mental health was because of what you said about breaking your teeth in fear, in that, if you are experiencing that, then if I were you, I would see someone, because if something in our sleep paralysis frightens us to the point where we clench our teeth so hard as to break them, that’s obviously something we should work on correcting.

Yes, I know, I havent experienced breaking teeths, but I had a girlfriend who kept on terrorising me, so I started having waking nightmares, no ever knows where it comes from, but I think it was her, could be that these experiences comes from other people terrorising, just an idea, I know bein scizo comes from the brain making more dophamine that you use, probably to cope in a bad enviroment, so when the years passes it keeps being better and better at making it to feel better, I had a theory that the brain only makes hormones to feel better since we don`t really need it, you can operate it away and still live because everything`s in the brainstem, you can`t even talk to people today because it`s all about the brain, nothing`s real they think, but I keep on fighting :)

Upvote 0

Anthony2019

Pax et bonum!
Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2019
Staffordshire, United Kingdom
✟777,445.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
I seem to get sleep paralysis from time to time. Most of my experiences have been upon wakening. I've had a number of strange "out of body experiences" where I have felt as if I have been floating above my body, sometimes hearing strange audible sounds and seeing hypnopompic hallucinations. When they first started, I did not understand what was happening and I was very apprehensive, but once I learned about sleep paralysis and that it is quite common, it doesn't bother me now and when it happens, I recognise what is happening and it is more of a nuisance than something to be afraid of.

Upvote 0

Overkommer

May 19, 2022
Kolbu
✟1,857.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
I seem to get sleep paralysis from time to time. Most of my experiences have been upon wakening. I've had a number of strange "out of body experiences" where I have felt as if I have been floating above my body, sometimes hearing strange audible sounds and seeing hypnopompic hallucinations. When they first started, I did not understand what was happening and I was very apprehensive, but once I learned about sleep paralysis and that it is quite common, it doesn't bother me now and when it happens, I recognise what is happening and it is more of a nuisance than something to be afraid of.

I kinda like that you didn`t take it as far as saying you actually floated above your body, like many say, you just felt like it, some lie you know and said they actually did it, there`s hope for you my man, keep being rational

Reactions: Anthony2019
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

DamianWarS

Follower of Isa Al Masih
Site Supporter
May 15, 2008
✟858,457.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
So, they say whe you sleep deeply, like rem-sleep and youre under alot of stress, you can wake up in the middle of the night and see something in the room, like dark shadows or a woman sliding towards you while youre paralysised, to keep you from acting out bodily while dreaming the body gets paralysised, but sometimes you can wake up during it and cant move and when you for example see something moving towards you in that state it can be so terrifying you even crack teeths, my own personal theory was perhaps that you lack excitement in daily life so you act out these fantasies at night to get entertained, its like you make a show that plays out without you being able to stop it so easily, so you get very scared because it looks so real, but what the theory lacks in evidence is that why dont you know you made it yourself? Exactly, theres more to it seems.. the shadows you sometimes see during it, blocks out the background which is a little strange perhaps and if these beings is real and blocks out the background, it can be in sort of a reality in the same one as we live in, but outside our ability to see it, but what this theory lacks in evidence also is that, a popular theory today is that we dont really see all the lights around us because were just a brain that processes information, but I have to disagree with that theory also, I dont really believe we cant see all the spectrum of light, I think the soul observers directly everything around it without processing, more like just taking it in, so if these beings are real then, they have the ability to look just black or dark, for whatever reason, it could be an advances form of cloaking from aliens, but why just appear to scare you? So the evicence sort of points to that we make these beings ourself, but just to entertain ourself because we lack stimilu in daily life, something terrifying so you feel alive? Sleep-paralysis was actually very known in western society, you could ask like a priest and tell him about it and hed know about it, they say like every one out of five people experience it but they dont talk about it anymore afraid to be labeled as crazy, so is it really a live dream that plays out in front of your eyes, like dreaming at night from something you made during the day, I mean like, most wouldnt know where dreams itself comes from, but I personally think we make it ourself during the day from things we for example think about or experience and that sleep-paralysis episodes are a more extreme version of it when awake also, most people have the same experience mostly, like black shadows and floating hag and who knows what else, why the same experience, why do people also see the same hat-man outside looking in at you like he wants to come in and visit you, why the same experience usually? What are your thoughts on it?
I have a very vivid imagination when I wake up in the middle of the night I often see all kinds of stuff that isn't there. I'm can even be fully lucid and I know what I see isn't there and I have to force myself to reinterpret what I see or just ignore it. I think what's going on is in the dark you can't see everything that well and coming from a sleeping state your mind is coming from a different context so it sees some shadows and shapes and it interprets them in a different way and fills in the blanks to fit that interpretation. so you see something simply because you're mind tells you it's there, even though it's not there.

I have also woke up in a paralysis state too and I think the same thing is going on. in dreams you're body lies still yet you may be moving in your mind but when you walk in a dream your feet/legs are not walking, yet your brain is still telling you in walk in the dream. when you wake there is a transition that needs to take place and I don't think your mind catches up always and it may be still trying to direct your body as though it is in a dream instead of actually moving your body nothing happens and you feel trapped until you mind can sort of catch up to what is actually happening. Again I have woken up in a lucid state and know what is happening but my mind still doesn't just bounce out of it and it takes a few moments.

We can jump to the demonic and certainly if what you see is particularly evil it may validate that more but for me, it's a state of conscientiousness I can't control and my mind reinterprets things to try and make sense of it but gets it wrong. As a Christian I believe Christ protects me and has authority over these things so I have no fear of them causing me harm, it just the way my wind works. if what you see is very disturbing to you and it happens often enough that it is a concern then try and pray before you sleep and reach out to God first asking for his protection, if it still persists I would consider connecting with a Christian counselor as they will be more educated on what is actually happening both physically and spiritually.

Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,686.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
You believe demons are real, like an attack?
I was going to pipe in here.

Yes, demons are real and they are associated with this sort of thing. If you really want to hear a few stories of this type of supernatural events, then, go to L.A. Marzulli's YouTube or Rumble sites.

Demons are real. They do impact our lives and sometimes they are invasive.

If you really believe in Christ as your savior you will know that His name has power.

Many people have had their issues with "night terrors", "sleep paralysis", "night visitors", "out of body experiences" and, yes, abductions... people have had these end abruptly when they rebuke these events in Christ's name.

Sometimes, even just calling out to Jesus is enough.

I know that there are skeptics... However, if someone is experiencing these things and finally calls on the Name of Christ and they suddenly stop...... what does that say?

I would be interested to hear if anyone who has posted to this thread would do just that... Call out to Jesus, and in His name rebuke the event or entity if there is one... and let us know what the result is.

Malevolent beings will flee from the Name of Christ.

Benevolent beings usually make their presence and purpose known.

Other things.. well... could just be dreams.

• Informative
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Skye1300

Vegan Pro life Mom
Mar 19, 2022
West Coast USA
✟47,054.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married

Yes, demons are real and they are associated with this sort of thing. If you really want to hear a few stories of this type of supernatural events, then, go to L.A. Marzulli's YouTube or Rumble sites.

If you really believe in Christ as your savior you will know that His name has power.

Many people have had their issues with "night terrors", "sleep paralysis", "night visitors", "out of body experiences" and, yes, abductions... people have had these end abruptly when they rebuke these events in Christ's name.

I know that there are skeptics... However, if someone is experiencing these things and finally calls on the Name of Christ and they suddenly stop...... what does that say?

I would be interested to hear if anyone who has posted to this thread would do just that... Call out to Jesus, and in His name rebuke the event or entity if there is one... and let us know what the result is.

Wow, scary! :prayer:

Upvote 0

Erie79

God reigns and the Son shines
Site Supporter
Dec 23, 2010
Anywhere, USA
✟84,345.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married

Upvote 0

Erie79

God reigns and the Son shines
Site Supporter
Dec 23, 2010
Anywhere, USA
✟84,345.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Hello, I don't post much but I read your reply asking for people who've called on the name of Jesus to stop sleep paralysis and other instances of spiritual attacks to respond. I've had several episodes of sleep paralysis and feel they are demonic attacks. I've also experience other spiritual attacks while awake. For me, experiencing sleep paraylsis is not just only feeling fear and seeing things that may not be there but the overwhelming darkness and evil that permeates the room. The only thing the interrupts and ends the attack is calling out to Jesus. It stops instantly. I've rebuked the spirit of sleep paralysis in Jesus name and I haven't had one occur in more than five years.

Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,686.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Hello, I don't post much but I read your reply asking for people who've called on the name of Jesus to stop sleep paralysis and other instances of spiritual attacks to respond. I've had several episodes of sleep paralysis and feel they are demonic attacks. I've also experience other spiritual attacks while awake. For me, experiencing sleep paraylsis is not just only feeling fear and seeing things that may not be there but the overwhelming darkness and evil that permeates the room. The only thing the interrupts and ends the attack is calling out to Jesus. It stops instantly. I've rebuked the spirit of sleep paralysis in Jesus name and I haven't had one occur in more than five years.
God is great and greatly to be Praised.

There is no other name but the Name of Jesus.... As children of Christ, you have the right to use His name... Glad you did.

Upvote 0