The Universe

christtoevo

May 15, 2007
✟7,917.00
Faith
Seeker
Would we ever have become aware of the universe had we not taken of the tree of wisdom.. If no, why would god cause so much mystery for us. Will the earth just spin forever? There are "evil" men on there way to living on other planet or in space itself. that seems to be the way we are going.

On the new earth will we have this same ability?

razeontherock

May 24, 2010
WI
✟35,597.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
1) The Bible mentions no "tree of wisdom." I can guess what you might be referring to, but apparently you have a false idea re: what it pertains to. Certainly not "becoming aware of the Universe."

2) Why G-d chose to create mystery, and/or things we do not understand is actually a very rich question that deserves to be explored! I find a rather apt description to be just like the way a parent will teach their child how to do a jigsaw puzzle; you stimulate them, maybe give a clue here or there, yet leave the actual doing up to them.

Upvote 0

CryptoLutheran

Friendly Neighborhood Spiderman
Sep 13, 2010
Pacific Northwest
✟12,709.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Would we ever have become aware of the universe had we not taken of the tree of wisdom.. If no, why would god cause so much mystery for us. Will the earth just spin forever? There are "evil" men on there way to living on other planet or in space itself. that seems to be the way we are going.

In all honesty, I'm not even sure I know what it is you're asking.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

grasping the after wind

That's grasping after the wind
Jan 18, 2010
Clarence Center NY USA
✟237,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

I don't think God caused any mystery. The concept of mystery is a human misconception caused by the fact that we are unable to understand all that there is to be understood. Will the earth spin forever? Who really knows or cares? From what we have been able to determine from scientific study it would seem that the spin may very well stop and that the earth is actually finite so forever is not an option. I don't believe that "evil" men exist any more than I believe that "good" men exist. Men just are and they have the ability to do great and wonderful things as well as small and horrible ones.

Upvote 0

bling

Site Supporter
Feb 27, 2008
✟828,115.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Knowledge about our universe is not good or evil knowledge?

In the Garden God was around to answer any question, plus Adam and Eve were raised to adult maturity (programmed to be adults) by God so they might have had greater knowledge about everything than we have yet to obtain.

Upvote 0