The truth about christianity. (moved from Christian Advice)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Righteous323

Jun 10, 2009
✟15,121.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Almost all christians are very confused about one thing. They all think that only christians will go to heaven, that is not true at all. What makes someone a christian is his heart and how big it is, its not about confessing you believe in Jesus or going to church, its about the knowledge of the truth that we are all brothers and sisters in the world and should all love eachother. Jesus even states himself in Luke 12:10 And everyone who speaks a word against the Son of Man will be forgiven, but anyone who blasphemes against the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven. This verse basically means if you talk against Jesus than you will be forgiven since you have no idea who Jesus is he will forgive you for your childish mistakes. But if you go against the Holy Spirit then you will never be forgiven. Going against the Holy Spirit is going against the truth that we should all love eachother and do good for eachother, if anyone disagrees with the truth than he will not get into heaven becase he will never understand heaven, because heaven is a place where everyone will love eachother. And since that person loved the world more than he/she loved people than that person will die with the world and anything thats in it. But if someone loves life/people than he will live with the people around him in heaven, becuase he has understood the truth and the truth made him happy. So please my fellow brothers and sisters do not be fooled by other priests/preachers that tell you only a christian goes into heaven, you are a christian in your heart not by your beliefs.

Lucis

Lost soul
Apr 26, 2009
haruðóz
✟8,467.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
The bible tells clearly that there is no other name then Jesus people can be saved by. And your theory about love just don't work, cause the bible is also clear when it comes to good and bad people - it says that there is no good people.

The idea of "Do good things and you will come to heaven" is in fact something that will lead a person to hell.

Reactions: St_Worm2
Upvote 0

Righteous323

Jun 10, 2009
✟15,121.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
The bible tells clearly that there is no other name then Jesus people can be saved by. And your theory about love just don't work, cause the bible is also clear when it comes to good and bad people - it says that there is no good people.

The idea of "Do good things and you will come to heaven" is in fact something that will lead a person to hell.

When Jesus says in the bible that the only way to heaven is through me he doesnt mean from the belief of him but the knowledge of him. Becuase Jesus was the truth. Christians these days want people to believe in God more than to actually understand him. You understand God through love, becuase thats exactly what God is. I have met people who call themselves christians and that go to church and actually pray to God, but are actually the sons of the Devil and love violene, money, power, and just love to do bad. Those people might actually believe that there is a God somewhere out there but they have no idea who he is. God is the truth of the universe, the truth that even if this religion is right and this one is wrong or if we arent alone in this universe there is still that truth out there that we are all here on earth together as one and should love one another because love is the answer to happiness and the meaning of life. Once you understand this basic concept than you will understand God and wouldnt need to open the bible up to answer any more questions because the bible will be in your heart and the holy ghost will answer any questions given to you.

Upvote 0

wonderwaleye

Dec 23, 2005
MISSISSIPPI
✟5,952.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Almost all christians are very confused about one thing. They all think that only christians will go to heaven, that is not true at all. What makes someone a christian is his heart and how big it is, its not about confessing you believe in Jesus or going to church, its about the knowledge of the truth that we are all brothers and sisters in the world and should all love eachother. Jesus even states himself in Luke 12:10 And everyone who speaks a word against the Son of Man will be forgiven, but anyone who blasphemes against the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven. This verse basically means if you talk against Jesus than you will be forgiven since you have no idea who Jesus is he will forgive you for your childish mistakes. But if you go against the Holy Spirit then you will never be forgiven. Going against the Holy Spirit is going against the truth that we should all love eachother and do good for eachother, if anyone disagrees with the truth than he will not get into heaven becase he will never understand heaven, because heaven is a place where everyone will love eachother. And since that person loved the world more than he/she loved people than that person will die with the world and anything thats in it. But if someone loves life/people than he will live with the people around him in heaven, becuase he has understood the truth and the truth made him happy. So please my fellow brothers and sisters do not be fooled by other priests/preachers that tell you only a christian goes into heaven, you are a christian in your heart not by your beliefs.

GenesisChapter 4

7 If you do well, you can hold up your head; but if not, sin is a demon lurking at the door: his urge is toward you, yet you can be his master."

2 CorinthiansChapter 10

2 I beg you that, when present, I may not have to be brave with that confidence with which I intend to act boldly against some who consider us as acting according to the flesh.

3 For, although we are in the flesh, we do not battle according to the flesh,

4 for the weapons of our battle are not of flesh but are enormously powerful, capable of destroying fortresses. We destroy arguments

5 and every pretension raising itself against the knowledge of God, and take every thought captive in obedience to Christ,

6 and we are ready to punish every disobedience, once your obedience is complete.

7 Look at what confronts you. Whoever is confident of belonging to Christ should consider that as he belongs to Christ, so do we.

8 And even if I should boast a little too much of our authority, which the Lord gave for building you up and not for tearing you down, I shall not be put to shame.

You are lost and satan has filled you with his lies.

If you are going to be part of the KINGDOM of ALMIGHTY GOD you MUST GIVE IT ALL TO GOD.

GOD demands that you give HIM your WHOLE heart, mind, strength, and soul. That means you go in prayer and tell GOD that you will do this and from that moment on seek GOD in all your decisions. After this is complete GOD will know. For HE searches the heart. HE will then send HIS HOLY SPIRIT ( ANOINTED-BORN AGAIN- SAVED ). For it is then that you shall receive the MISSION GOD has for just you and supply all your needs, even what you have not the ability to have.

Pick up GOD'S ROAD MAP to the KINGDOM of ALMIGHTY GOD ( BIBLE ) and start reading the NEW TESTIMENT till the next time you read it you will already know what IT'S going to say. For then it's locked in your heart to draw from for the rest of your life. You will NEVER be sorry you did.

Do yourself a BIG FAVOR and Start right now!!!

LOVE

steven :hug:

Upvote 0

Righteous323

Jun 10, 2009
✟15,121.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
You all honor God and Jesus with your words but your hearts are far from them both. If your hearts were with God you would agree with me 100%, you are all brainwashed and think that i am speaking againts God. Many people speak of the holy spirit but they have no idea what it actually is, i have experienced the holy spirit many times and understood what God wants from me and its for me to get my/his word across. I believe,understand,know,feel God/Jesus. I can make this whole argument a very long one that runs in circles. But i will make it short by quoting Jesus in Luke 12:10 " And everyone who speaks a word against the Son of Man will be forgiven, but anyone who blasphemes against the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven" Once you understand what this verse means then you will understand God and will understand that i am for you and not against you. I want all of you to understand God like i understand him. And only those a who are truly Holy will understand me and will understand how God has filled my heart with love. You people need to understand the bible isnt a book with a bunch of rules in it, its a book that teaches you how to truly love life for what it is and how to conquer sin. God bless all of you.

Upvote 0

Lucis

Lost soul
Apr 26, 2009
haruðóz
✟8,467.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
It is pretty basic to understand that salvation is about mercy, not works. The idea of getting to heaven by doing good things is what other religions teach. Christianity teach that people go to heaven by the faith in Jesus. This means by believing that Jesus is the son of God that took our sins on Himself, so that we will not be judged, but live forever, and also to confess this faith.

You are right though about those that just go to church and "act" like Christians, but don't really know God. People can't follow God and the devil at the same time.

Upvote 0

Nobody1

Jun 5, 2009
✟499.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Whoa there, sailor!

Everyone has to come to Christ to be saved, without the Spirit of Christ - who alone comes from Heaven, all before Him are thieves and robbers - no one is alive. There is no love in man apart from Christ.

You seem to be caught up on the word "Christian", as many do. Some are caught up on Jesus T-shirts. Some are caught up on what people eat or do not eat, how they wear their hairs, or what kind of music they like. Differences are good, but there is One God and man can only see God through Christ.

Everyone must die to themselves, therefore who would be saved and be born again in the Spirit of Life and Truth, who is Love, and God is Love.

As for Jesus not judging anyone: the words Jesus spoke are the Judge.

How can you be forgiven for your sins if you do not forgive others your sins?

If you wish to not be judged, do not judge.

Love your enemies.

Pray for them.

No one who has the Holy Spirit can curse Christ and mean it. The Pharisees did not have the Holy Spirit and cursed Christ whose work is done through the Holy Spirit. Our Heavenly Father gives all Judgement to the Son and the Holy Spirit He has without limit.

Blasphemy of the Holy Spirit means that man who thinks he has it and does not can not be forgiven. He has to find out for himself or herself that they do not have it. Because they can not ask if they think they are already saved.

So, every knee must bow.

Man is full of error, missing the mark. He can not help himself but to project his own wickedness on those who have the Spirit of God in them. And that is to their own demise. They struggle and fight thinking they are "good", but they are awoken in horror: all of their enemies, all of the wickedness they see in others -- it is really just them seeing themselves.

So, in Christians those outside of Christ find a mirror to the darkness of their own souls. This brings them to Christ.

God did not - however - send Jonah to Nineveh with a message of "repent and be saved from destruction". God sent Jonah with a message of certain doom with no word whatsoever about repentance nor that Nineveh would have any chance whatsoever for survival.

Make no mistake about it: for the poor in spirit it was easy for them to turn over their lives to Christ and be born again giving up their own selves. It is not this way for those rich in their own spirit. For them the Rock of Christ falls on them.

Reactions: Lucis
Upvote 0

Righteous323

Jun 10, 2009
✟15,121.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Nobody 21 you have great knowledge in God and i understand you completely. But i know in the bottom of my heart and through the Holy Spirit that not only christians will go to heaven. Its basically like this, if you love the people around you for who they are and not what they have or what they can do for you and will be there for them when they ask for it and care about them than you will understand God and will understand heaven. But if you love yourself and wordly desires more than anything else and were never really there for others then you wouldnt understand God and you will die with the world. Its not bout doing good that grants you to heaven its about doing good and meaning it, loving, caring, having a close heart to God.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Nobody1

Jun 5, 2009
✟499.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Nobody 21 you have great knowledge in God and i understand you completely. But i know in the bottom of my heart and through the Holy Spirit that not only christians will go to heaven. Its basically like this, if you love the people around you for who they are and not what they have or what they can do for you and will be for them when they ask for it and care about them than you will understand God and will understand heaven. But if you love yourself and wordly desires more than anything else and were never really there for others then you wouldnt understand God and you will die with the world. Its not bout doing good that grants you to heaven its about doing good and meaning it, loving, caring, having a close heart to God.

It is more complicated then that. Considerably.

There is a bigger picture.

I will private message you, however, as I am not about to let those secrets out of the hat as people wouldn't believe it and would freak out.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

wonderwaleye

Dec 23, 2005
MISSISSIPPI
✟5,952.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You all honor God and Jesus with your words but your hearts are far from them both. If your hearts were with God you would agree with me 100%, you are all brainwashed and think that i am speaking againts God. Many people speak of the holy spirit but they have no idea what it actually is, i have experienced the holy spirit many times and understood what God wants from me and its for me to get my/his word across. I believe,understand,know,feel God/Jesus. I can make this whole argument a very long one that runs in circles. But i will make it short by quoting Jesus in Luke 12:10 " And everyone who speaks a word against the Son of Man will be forgiven, but anyone who blasphemes against the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven" Once you understand what this verse means then you will understand God and will understand that i am for you and not against you. I want all of you to understand God like i understand him. And only those a who are truly Holy will understand me and will understand how God has filled my heart with love. You people need to understand the bible isnt a book with a bunch of rules in it, its a book that teaches you how to truly love life for what it is and how to conquer sin. God bless all of you.

Here is satan's first mistake. he wants you to judge the hearts of others and you have done that well.

Then he wants you to try and confuse the followers of JESUS with empty arguments and you have also done that well:

Ephesians
Chapter 5

4 no obscenity or silly or suggestive talk, which is out of place, but instead, thanksgiving.

6 Let no one deceive you with empty arguments, for because of these things the wrath of God is coming upon the disobedient.

7 So do not be associated with them.

8 For you were once darkness, but now you are light in the Lord. Live as children of light,

11 Take no part in the fruitless works of darkness; rather expose them,

12 for it is shameful even to mention the things done by them in secret;

13 but everything exposed by the light becomes visible,

15 Watch carefully then how you live, not as foolish persons but as wise,

16 making the most of the opportunity, because the days are evil.

17 Therefore, do not continue in ignorance, but try to understand what is the will of the Lord.

19 addressing one another (in) psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and playing to the Lord in your hearts,

Then satan wants you to get the LORD'S lambs into debates and again you have done that well:

2 Timothy
Chapter 2:

22 So turn from youthful desires and pursue righteousness, faith,love, and peace, along with those who call on the Lord with purity of heart.

23 Avoid foolish and ignorant debates, for you know that they breed quarrels.

24 A slave of the Lord should not quarrel, but should be gentle with everyone, able to teach, tolerant,

25 correcting opponents with kindness. It may be that God will grant them repentance that leads to knowledge of the truth,

26 and that they may return to their senses out of the devil's snare, where they are entrapped by him, for his will.

Turn from your ways and turn to JESUS, for HE is the WAY, TRUTH, and LIGHT.

LOVE

steven :hug:

Upvote 0

Emmy

Senior Veteran
Feb 15, 2004
✟50,995.00
Faith
Salvation Army
Dear Righteous 323. When you speak of Love, you are right, God is Love and wants us to know love, and be loving. Yet when you say that Christians are not the only ones on the way to Heaven, I cannot believe you, perhaps I misunderstood.Christians belong to Christ, Christians love as Christ does, Christians will follow Christ back to God. Christ died that we might live, He died for all. But Christ is also the Way back to God. If there are non-Christians going to Heaven, how will they get there? I know of NO Other Way but Christ`s Way. He paid the price, He reconciled us to God, He is our Intercessor, He pleads for us, He knows how hard it is to live in this fallen world. He has gone ahead of His followers, to prepare a home for us, in God`s House with many Mansions. I say this humbly and with loving assurance. Greetings from Emmy, sister in Christ.

Upvote 0

Righteous323

Jun 10, 2009
✟15,121.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Dear Emmy, people get to heaven through christ for he is the one who is going to be doing the judging. And when he says the only way to heaven is through me hes stating through the knowledge and understanding of the holy spirit because thats exactly what Jesus is. I mean cmon what do you think will happen to all those people who lived on earth long before christ? You think they will all just go to hell since they never knew about him? If you think like that than you have no idea who our God really is.

Upvote 0

wonderwaleye

Dec 23, 2005
MISSISSIPPI
✟5,952.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Dear Emmy, people get to heaven through christ for he is the one who is going to be doing the judging. And when he says the only way to heaven is through me hes stating through the knowledge and understanding of the holy spirit because thats exactly what Jesus is. I mean cmon what do you think will happen to all those people who lived on earth long before christ? You think they will all just go to hell since they never knew about him? If you think like that than you have no idea who our God really is.

Leave Emmy alone with your lies. JESUS is not the HOLY SPIRIT. JESUS left so that the FATHER would send HIS HOLY SPIRIT.

Romans
Chapter 16

17 I urge you, brothers, to watch out for those who create dissensions and obstacles, in opposition to the teaching that you learned; avoid them.

18 For such people do not serve our Lord Christ but their own appetites, and by fair and flattering speech they deceive the hearts of the innocent.

19 For while your obedience is known to all, so that I rejoice over you, I want you to be wise as to what is good, and simple as to what is evil;

20 then the God of peace will quickly crush Satan under your feet. The grace of our Lord Jesus be with you.

I can only hope all GOD'S lambs will see you for what you are.

BEGONE!!!

STEVEN

Upvote 0

2 King

By His Wounds We Are Healed
Jun 5, 2009
Desert
✟17,226.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Private
U all are just dumb sheeps who fallow a book...
Just use ur own brain and think about all the things and just do as u think it is right for you....

You all dont need this book, just think at your own...

Ps. ww.island-pass.com

LOL!
Had to laugh at that careless comment. Watch your tongue lest you eat from it's fruit, which is "life and death."

OP: Orthodox pick and choose what they want, Cafateria style. that's why they're called orthodox.

Your original post dosen't seem to fully state what you have to say. Whatever you're holding back, just let it out already. I mean seriously, if you want to tell us something (knowing people are going to attack you) then just get to the point.
Otherwise this was just another thread that helped no one.

I'm not sure I get what you were first stating..."Christians believe only Christians will go to heaven.?"

Time to pull out the good book, because I'm Christian, and I don't believe that.
"Well then, has God failed to fulfill his promise to Israel? No, for not all who are born into the nation of Israel are truly members of God's people!"- Romans 9:6 NLT

God's Word in the form of beautiful covenant promises came to Abraham. Covenant people, the true children of Abraham, are not just his biological descendants. They are all those who trust in God and in what Jesus Christ has done for them.

"The real children of Abraham, then, are those who put their faith in God."- Galatians 3:7

"For you are not a true Jew just because you were born of Jewish parents or because you have gone through the ceremony of circumcision. No, a true Jew is one whose heart is right with God. And true circumcision is not merely obeying the letter of the law; rather, it is a change of heart produced by God's Spririt. And a person with a changed heart seeks praise from God, not from people."- Romans 28,29

To be a jew meant you were in God's family, an heir to all His promises. Yet Paul made it clear that membership in God's family is based on internal, not external, qualities. All whose hearts are right with God are true Jews-that is, part of God's family. Attending church or being baptized, confirmed, or accepted for membership is not enough, just as submitting to circumcision was not enough for the Jews. God desires our heartfelt devotion and obedience.

"Therefore, change your hearts and stop being stubborn."- Deuteronomy 10:16

"O people of Judah and Jerusalem, surrender your pride and power. Change your hearts before the LORD,...."- Jeremiah 4:4

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

autumnrose42

Ruler of my own Kingdom in the ocean!!
Jun 13, 2009
Sitting at my computer in a large city in AZ.
✟7,678.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I fully agree with 2 Kings and Steven. Fully.

I will say this. The people who lived before Jesus were under a different law than the one that we are under today. BUT!

WE ARE NOT THE ONES WHO DECIDES WHO GOES TO HEAVEN. God decides that. So, you are trying to tell us that we are wrong and stupid. I personally am not going to change what I believe, have read and studied and learned my entire life, based on the whim of one person.

I will let GOD be my judge. I believe that I am going to Heaven because I follow his word and I love his son and I have been saved.

Nothing save God himself telling me differently is going to change my mind.

God has grace and mercy and forgives those who honestly repent of ANYTHING they have done. ANYTHING.

Upvote 0

Righteous323

Jun 10, 2009
✟15,121.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
It is christians like you who truly make others hate our religion. Our religion is not a religion it is the truth and thats what people dont understand. Please open your bibles up and read the new testament for you have not understood it at all. Wanderwayele where do you think people who lived before christ will go? To hell? Do you think our God is really that narrow minded? You people want others to believe in God more than to actually understand him, for he is the truth and once you understand that he is the truth and not someone out there who is judging our every move then you will understand life, and will understand where i come from.

Upvote 0

Saera

Follow the road less traveled
Jun 1, 2009
Nebraska
✟7,748.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Our religion is not a religion it is the truth
it's true. Because Religion is Racist. segregation is not of God, Unity is.

Please open your bibles up and read the new testament for you have not understood it at all.
Are you blind?(that's not judging btw) You are attacking the pvery people who do the very thing.

You people want others to believe in God more than to actually understand him
No one can understand God, "Lean not on your own understanding but on the will of God."- Proverbs
Seriously, you are confusing folks who are already saved and may think twice. Yes God said He is the way the truth and the life. None of us are disagreeing with that! So where is this defensive mentality coming from? Certainly not from God.

Upvote 0

ffreds

Feb 26, 2009
✟7,703.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Romans 2:14
14.)Even when Gentiles, who do not have Gods written law, instinctively follow what the law says, they show that in thier hearts they know what is right and wrong. 15.)They demonstrate that God's law is is written within them, for thier own consciences either accuse them or tell them they are doing what is right. 16.) The day will surely come when God, by Jesus Christ, will judge everyone's secret life. This is my message.

Edit God judges fairly, I just dont see how you are trying to help people grow in God. Something just isnt adding up here...

Upvote 0

Righteous323

Jun 10, 2009
✟15,121.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
When i experienced what holiness really means God opened my eyes to what i was confused of or not sure of before. And he opened my eyes to the truth which is your heart is what makes you a christian. Understanding God is understanding the truth of loving eachother like brothers and sisters is the meaning of life. There is a huge difference between beleiving in Jesus and understanding and knowing Jesus. Once you understand the difference then you will understand who God really is.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.