Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Recently, Roma Locuta Est looked at Br. Bugnolo’s norms for a potential Benepapist conclave once the former pope, Benedict XVI, passes away (see Pope Bugnolo I?). Bugnolo’s article is titled “RULES, REGULATIONS AND PROCEEDURES FOR THE ELECTION OF POPE BENEDICT XVI’S SUCCESSOR.” Given the audacious pretentiousness of the title, scope, subject matter, and tone of Bugnolo’s article; it seemed to me a Latin title was more fitting. So, in my last article, I referred to his document as “Regulas Ordinationes.”

Now, over the last couple of weeks, Bugnolo has issued a couple other interesting missives. The first is, what Roma Locuta Est styles, Br. Bugnolo’s First Epistle to Benedict XVI. I found this “open letter” to Benedict XIV quite interesting as it amounts to a plea for Benedict XVI to now speak up — to quit speaking in an alleged “Ratzinger Code.”[1] While one branch of Benepapism holds Benedict’s resignation was erroneous and thus invalid (i.e., Barnhardt and company); the other main branch of Benepapism holds Benedict intentionally submitted a canonically meaningless resignation, thereby creating an “impeded see” by which Benedict retained the papacy (i.e., Bugnolo, Cionci, Coffin, Acosta, Minutella, and company)

Now this second category of Benepapists have been vulnerable to the accusation that such a theory would make Benedict an immoral monster. Consider, the Benedict of this theory left the Lord’s sheep vulnerable to the wolves. From the perspective of this theory, Benedict certainly knew a modernist anti-pope would be elected in his place, but he has done nothing to reject, or condemn his teachings, actions, etc. I’ve made this point in several articles by now, for example, Regarding Benedict’s Declaratio (see Reply to Objection 5), and more recently in my response to Patrick Coffin’s recent video (see No, Patrick Coffin, Benedict is NOT “our pope”; #4).[2]

Continued below.

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,244,545.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Recently, Roma Locuta Est looked at Br. Bugnolo’s norms for a potential Benepapist conclave once the former pope, Benedict XVI, passes away (see Pope Bugnolo I?). Bugnolo’s article is titled “RULES, REGULATIONS AND PROCEEDURES FOR THE ELECTION OF POPE BENEDICT XVI’S SUCCESSOR.” Given the audacious pretentiousness of the title, scope, subject matter, and tone of Bugnolo’s article; it seemed to me a Latin title was more fitting. So, in my last article, I referred to his document as “Regulas Ordinationes.”

Now, over the last couple of weeks, Bugnolo has issued a couple other interesting missives. The first is, what Roma Locuta Est styles, Br. Bugnolo’s First Epistle to Benedict XVI. I found this “open letter” to Benedict XIV quite interesting as it amounts to a plea for Benedict XVI to now speak up — to quit speaking in an alleged “Ratzinger Code.”[1] While one branch of Benepapism holds Benedict’s resignation was erroneous and thus invalid (i.e., Barnhardt and company); the other main branch of Benepapism holds Benedict intentionally submitted a canonically meaningless resignation, thereby creating an “impeded see” by which Benedict retained the papacy (i.e., Bugnolo, Cionci, Coffin, Acosta, Minutella, and company)

Now this second category of Benepapists have been vulnerable to the accusation that such a theory would make Benedict an immoral monster. Consider, the Benedict of this theory left the Lord’s sheep vulnerable to the wolves. From the perspective of this theory, Benedict certainly knew a modernist anti-pope would be elected in his place, but he has done nothing to reject, or condemn his teachings, actions, etc. I’ve made this point in several articles by now, for example, Regarding Benedict’s Declaratio (see Reply to Objection 5), and more recently in my response to Patrick Coffin’s recent video (see No, Patrick Coffin, Benedict is NOT “our pope”; #4).[2]

Continued below.
This is all unfortunately just silliness. Sadly Francis IS the pope. Please everybody just deal with it. The real thing is to fast and pray and talk and work for a good new pope.

• Prayers
Reactions: Michie