US
✟1,102,115.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
The Pharisee's were rebuked for putting forth strict religious observances that are recorded in the gospels and later letters. Which had absolutely nothing to do with reading the niqqud.

(CLV) Mk 12:24
Jesus averred to them, "Are you not therefore deceived, not being acquainted with the scriptures, nor yet the power of God?

He did say this to the Sadducees; but then they leaned more toward sola scriptura.

baseless assertions

I suspect that you are still busy working on an answer regarding my question concerning H1 and H2; but when you can get to it, I would like to see your explanation of why we need 7 different Strong's numbers for this two letter word.

בר

H1247, H1248, H1249, H1250, H1251, H1252, H1253

Upvote 0

daq

Messianic
Jan 26, 2012
Devarim 11:21
Visit site
✟113,581.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Accusations again!?
Since when has Hebrew scripture been, "embedded commentary"? How does that logic help refute anything strongs or the majority of interpretations into English? 3 of strongs numbers only needed a scripture reference to find the differentiation. Meaning they had prefixes and such to bqr.
Translators diligently and admirably worked to provide tools for students of Torah with an eagerness to search out a matter. Proverbs 25:2
The Pharisee's were rebuked for putting forth strict religious observances that are recorded in the gospels and later letters. Which had absolutely nothing to do with reading the niqqud.

Perhaps if you did not deny reality you would not consider my stating reality to be an accusation? Where do you suppose James Strong received his instruction to divide up single words into multiple number categories? He received his instruction by reading the M/T commentary embedded within the text by way of the vowel pointing system which did not even exist in the first century. Just because you prefer to believe the pointing system came from Mosheh doesn't make it true: you will need to be able to prove that with facts and evidence, which you surely do not have because it is pure imagination designed to support a paradigm bias. No sense in me going any further with you here because your mind appears to be set in stone regardless of historical facts, (unless of course you can point me to some first century pointed Hebrew texts).

Reactions: Yahudim
Upvote 0

be(t)et lamed resh

Feb 1, 2024
Tx
✟16,690.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
(CLV) Mk 12:24
Jesus averred to them, "Are you not therefore deceived, not being acquainted with the scriptures, nor yet the power of God?

He did say this to the Sadducees; but then they leaned more toward sola scriptura.

I suspect that you are still busy working on an answer regarding my question concerning H1 and H2; but when you can get to it, I would like to see your explanation of why we need 7 different Strong's numbers for this two letter word.

בר

H1247, H1248, H1249, H1250, H1251, H1252, H1253
My guess is 3 nouns singular, 3 plural, then an adjective.

Upvote 0

be(t)et lamed resh

Feb 1, 2024
Tx
✟16,690.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Perhaps if you did not deny reality you would not consider my stating reality to be an accusation? Where do you suppose James Strong received his instruction to divide up single words into multiple number categories? He received his instruction by reading the M/T commentary embedded within the text by way of the vowel pointing system which did not even exist in the first century. Just because you prefer to believe the pointing system came from Mosheh doesn't make it true: you will need to be able to prove that with facts and evidence, which you surely do not have because it is pure imagination designed to support a paradigm bias. No sense in me going any further with you here because your mind appears to be set in stone regardless of historical facts, (unless of course you can point me to some first century pointed Hebrew texts).
So that I can better understand your position. Please explain in detail about what point in history do you say that the hebrew scriptures were corrupted?

Upvote 0

Yahudim

Y'shua HaMoshiach Messianic
Site Supporter
Sep 30, 2004
Deep in the Heart of Texas
✟141,152.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
First my dear brothers and sister in Him, there is a whole lot of the use of the word 'YOU' going on in this discussion. Try addressing the subject matter. Contending for a point or the faith is a good thing. But we should be kinder to the blood-bought heirs to the kingdom. We are still family, no?

Moving on, we see language morphing constantly. Modern slang is a good example and that occurs generation to generation and between societal strata or simple political and cultural preferences. In many cases, the spelling of words are not compromised, but their definitions or cultural inferences are!

How we doing so far? Now imagine the width, breadth and depth of influence of a catastrophic regime change or foreign invasion and governmental overthrow with the suppression of deity, language, culture, customs and societal norms.

During normal discussions within the fields of anthropology, sociology, archeology, etc., the first subjects of investigation are cultural influences. I'm pretty sure that the discipline of linguistics would fall into the same investigative paradigm, right?

• Useful
Reactions: HARK!
Upvote 0

Yahudim

Site Supporter
Sep 30, 2004
✟141,152.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
So that I can better understand your position. Please explain in detail about what point in history do you say that the hebrew scriptures were corrupted?
Personally, I would start with the ejection from the garden or maybe to appearance of the serpent. After all, history teaches these things are usually an ongoing process.

Upvote 0

be(t)et lamed resh

Feb 1, 2024
Tx
✟16,690.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Personally, I would start with the ejection from the garden or maybe to appearance of the serpent. After all, history teaches these things are usually an ongoing process.
That seems a bit too much hyperbole in response to my question. Thinking critically, that sounds similar to Calvinistic teaching, and doesn't leave room for divine inspiration. In essence nothing would be profitable at all from a historical perspective. I lean more toward The "sacred" being ultimate authority over all mankind with a minority of corruption involving rulers. Which is the ratio presented in scripture. The poor promised to Always follow the divine as a remnant outclassing the minority in all aspects. Language, history, etc.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

The Liturgist

Traditional Liturgical Christian
Site Supporter
Nov 26, 2019
The Wild West
✟477,142.00
Country
United States
Faith
Generic Orthodox Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Tradition?

Which tradition? Traditions are fleeting in the annals of mankind.

The Niqqud alter the original text. A culture is defined by its' language. As the language changes (Hebrew has), so does the culture.

Those who added the niqqud were then of a Hellenized culture, speaking in abstract thought.

By adding the niqqud, they defined the words according to their abstract understanding of a concrete message, written to a different culture.

In order to best understand the message as it was delivered, it would be expedient to come at the message immersed in concrete thought, in context to the culture to whom it was spoken.

Now let's talk about tradition a little more.

Originally there were no spaces between the ote. The scripture was written in a continuous string of otiot. Each ote has a meaning; and if we can bring ourselves to think like an Ancient Hebrew; we can begin to understand how the meanings of the otiot build on each other as they are joined.

Lets look at H1, AB. Modern Hebrews asserts that the Aleph is silent; and that it is the niqqud that give it a vowel sound. However Modern Hebrew still calls Aleph, Aleph, by the "A" sound.

In Ancient Hebrew the Aleph depicted an ox head. One way to interpret the Aleph is as a symbol of headship.

The Ancient Greeks took the Hebrew Aleph Beyt and turned the ote upside down and backwards. Then they wrote their sentences backwards. This is done in witchcraft too.

The Modern English Alphabet is derived from the Ancient Hebrew Aleph Beyt through the Ancient Greeks.

To this very day the English letter "A" still depicts an upside down ox head; and it still makes the "A" sound. No, "A" is not silent in Modern Hebrew tradition.

Now let's move on to Beyt. Modern Hebrew adds niqqud to change "B" to a "V." There is no "V" in ancient Hebrew. It depicts a tent.

when we put "AB" together they mean headship of the tent or house, the father.

I would like to see your explanation of why Strong's H1, H2, H3, H4, are assigned to AB.

I would highly dispute that H4 means AB.

However, here we go: Strong's Hebrew: 4.

The Nun that is between the Aleph and the Beyt makes it a completely different word. The Nun depicts a seed. It is the offspring of the headship of the house.

Well at least the KJV seems to have come close to correctly interpreting the word this time.

The tree is the strength of the fruit. The fruit houses the seed. the seed is the offspring of the tree.

This does not explain why both H1, and H2 are assigned to AB.

Do you think Aleph makes an “A” sound? Because the equivalent character in Syriac Aramaic, Alep or Olep, does, even in West Syriac accents and derivative dialects like Turoyo where all other A sounds, written as vowels in those writing systems which have them rather than the Olep character (excluding Estrangelo, which only has consonants including Alep) became “o”, so for example the equivalent word to Elohim became Aloho.

Upvote 0

Yahudim

Site Supporter
Sep 30, 2004
✟141,152.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
That seems a bit too much hyperbole for my question. Thinking critically, that sounds similar to calvinistic teaching.
And doesnt leave room for divine inspiration. In essence nothing would be profitable at all from a historical perspective. I lean more toward The "sacred" being ultimate authority over all mankind with a minority of corruption involving rulers. Which is the ratio presented in scripture. The poor promised to Always follow the divine as a remnant outclassing the minority in all aspects. Language, history, etc.
Sounds like you already have all the answers you need.

Upvote 0

be(t)et lamed resh

Feb 1, 2024
Tx
✟16,690.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
No, you've presented a strawman argument.

Attempted? No, that is exactly what they did. And the Greek influence on the culture is a historical fact.

Another strawman argument.

I said that the culture was altered by Greek influence; and I said that the scriptures were altered by the niqqud.

The niqqud serve as commentary of a biased interpretation, built on an evolving language, that was influenced by abstract Greek philosophy.

That is completely false. Archaeology settles it. Yahshua admonished Pharisaic tradition.

I've already posted a chart explaining the evolution of the script within this thread.

Archaeology.

I'll post another chart from another source which refutes your claim.

View attachment 344296

I noticed that you skipped over these parts:
אֲבִ֕ Alef bet is used as descriptive noun such as male progenitor and also used as prefix.

Upvote 0

Yahudim

Site Supporter
Sep 30, 2004
✟141,152.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Shalom Chaver,

Think we might be straying from the topic at hand? Personally, I find your work very illuminating. Perhaps more prayer might help...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,102,115.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Shalom Chaver,

Shalomim Brother.

Think we might be straying from the topic at hand?

We might be getting ahead of ourselves; but I don't see how to avoid that.

The first step is to collect the data. The second step is to analyze the data.

I have not yet finished collecting the data; but the analysis has begun with the data that has already been presented.

I find your work very illuminating.

I appreciate your enthusiasm. I'm enthusiastic about these revelations myself.

Perhaps more prayer might help...

Always!

In his baruk name, birekoth

• Prayers
Reactions: Yahudim
Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,102,115.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Do you think Aleph makes an “A” sound? Because the equivalent character in Syriac Aramaic, Alep or Olep, does, even in West Syriac accents and derivative dialects like Turoyo where all other A sounds, written as vowels in those writing systems which have them rather than the Olep character (excluding Estrangelo, which only has consonants including Alep) became “o”, so for example the equivalent word to Elohim became Aloho.

abba​

1 of 2

variant spelling of aba:2

abba
2 of 2

noun

ab·ba
ˈabə,

aˈbä

Etymology

Noun

Middle English, borrowed from Late Latin, borrowed from Greek, borrowed from Aramaic abbā

• Informative
Reactions: The Liturgist
Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,102,115.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
so for example the equivalent word to Elohim became Aloho.
We know that Hebrew is a evolving language of multiple dialects.

When I saw this, I was astonished:

אלה
H421, H422, H423, H424, H425, H426, H427, H428, H429

• Agree
Reactions: The Liturgist
Upvote 0

The Liturgist

Traditional Liturgical Christian
Site Supporter
Nov 26, 2019
The Wild West
✟477,142.00
Country
United States
Faith
Generic Orthodox Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
We know that Hebrew is a evolving language of multiple dialects.

When I saw this, I was astonished:

אלה
H421, H422, H423, H424, H425, H426, H427, H428, H429

Do you think there would be some benefit to a more accurate replacement for Strong’s in the form of database software that would not assign multiple numbers to the same word?

Also, your earlier remark about the tent-shaped character, was that a reference to the Old Hebrew script that was replaced by the “Square Letters” originally used for writing Imperial Aramaic, presumably as a result of the Babylonian Captivity?

Upvote 0