The Spirit Of Hunger

P

phaneroo

[Psalms 42:1]; As the hart panteth after the water brooks, so panteth my soul after thee, O God.

Some people are hungry for God; other people are not hungry for God. Some people are hungry for revelation; other people are not hungry for revelation. Some grow in the word; others do not. Others have read the word and listened to sermons but have still failed to get it.

Yet, one guy might come into the ministry for just a short while and immediately start to speak mysteries. You might then say that perhaps some people were given the grace to understand while you were not given this grace. That is not true.

There is a knowledge that precedes every hunger for the things of the spirit. So, if hunger does not have a precedence of that knowledge, it will just be human excitement. It will only be fanaticism and not revelation.

There must be a knowledge that precedes every hunger.There are sermons in this life that create a hunger in you to seek God. If you are the kind of person who has not yet experienced revelational power, I would advise that you invest in those sermons, look for them, listen to them and find out why they stirred that hunger in you.

There was a time that you listened to a sermon and it made you want God so badly. Do not just listen to it, raise your hands and stop there. Get that sermon and re-listen to it because in it was a grain of knowledge that was giving foundation to a certain hunger in your spirit. That hunger can easily be quenched by a carnal mind if that carnal mind does not understand the distinctions of yielding.

That is why I always say that yielding pacifies offence. It diverts the lines of offending the gospel. Certain men do not know what the Lord is drawing and inclining them to. Yet when another man listens to it and meditates on it in order that he may observe to do according to all that it says, his way is made prosperous.

The Church should be looking at the knowledge that causes men to hunger. That is why Paul’s ministry is to make men see. The sight that we give them will cause them to hunger.

Scripture Reference:

Ecclesiastes 10:4, Joshua 1:8, Ephesians 3:9.

There is a knowledge that precedes every hunger for the things of the spirit.