in hiding
✟16,035.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
So true. so many people who get some sort of government aid and really can't fathom a world without it being there. Or can't figure out what a single mom would do without state aid. The idea of keeping your pants up and working is lost on them.

Monday my 9 year old said a classmate asked him who his dad is voting for and why. "Romney, because he's better than Obama." I'm thinking, well I'd prefer positive Romney attributes but for a 9 year old I guess it's ok. Then he asked the kid the same question. "Obama, because Romney wants to put mexicans in jail."

Holy crud. This is the narrative. If you're hispanic Romney wants you jailed. If you're a woman Romney wants you sterilized. If you're poor Romney wants you dead.

And the useful idiots lap it up.

Useful?

Upvote 0

Metal Minister

New Year, Still Old School!
May 8, 2012
✟29,999.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Rion said:
Mark Levin

Click on yesterday's audio. Awesome, awesome message.

He explains why the Republicans lost, and that it *was* the Republicans, not the Conservatives, who lost yesterday. In fact, he makes a good case for what I've always felt, that Conservatism is only begrudgingly welcomed in the GOP, by the blue-bloods. Keep in mind that Levin was predicting an Obama win because of this, and the fact that the Republicans always get their butts handed to them whenever they put up one of their blue-blooded, progressive-lites instead of a genuine conservative. So he's not trying to explain why he was wrong, he's explaining why he was right.

Basically, don't let the left and the progressive Republicans make us think that we are why they lost. We aren't. Romney lost for being Obama-lite; he supported the NDAA, for crying out loud.

One thing I'd personally like to add to this. Sometimes, we conservatives have a knee-jerk reaction to defending our own when one of us says something stupid. One guy running (supposedly -- I never looked into it too much) that if a woman becomes pregnant because of a rape, that's God's will. Now, I know that liberals will lie about us and take things wildly out of context, but we do not have the media on our side. We cannot simply defend someone and then research to see if it's even true. We need to first make it clear that those sort of statements is *not* representive of us, and then explain why such-and-such was or wasn't what was actually said.

In the audio, Levin says we need to fight a little dirtier. I semi-agree. I don't think we should abandon our morals to win, but we should go on the offensive much more often. Again, using the rape comment as an example, there are liberals on this very board who routinely compare an unborn child to a parasite. Throw that back in their face, ask them if that's representative of social liberalism. When they declare it's not, then ask them why what that guy said should be considered representative of social conservatism. I'm not saying throw people under the bus if they're being lied about, I mean first counter the argument that the accusation is representative of us, then defend the person against falsehoods. If the guy or gal is saying something outrageous, don't be afraid to mark the difference between what they believe and what the rest of us believe.

Remember that one of the defining traits of Conservatism is the love of liberty, and liberty never goes completely out of style. It may be seen as passe for a time, but soon enough people realize just how valuable it is.

:thumbsup: Awesome!

Upvote 0

Rion

Annuit Cœptis
Site Supporter
Oct 26, 2006
Nebraska
✟419,198.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single

Useful idiot - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The term has been used to refer to Soviet sympathizers in Western countries. The implication was that, although the people in question naïvely thought of themselves as an ally of the Soviet Union, they were actually held in contempt and were being cynically used. The use of the term in political discourse has since been extended to other propagandists, especially those who are seen to unwittingly support a malignant cause which they naïvely believe to be a force for good

Upvote 0

drjean

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 16, 2011
✟313,070.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Our young people don't know our history...and that is what was behind the issue with the Texas School board? The process of editing our history books was given to a muslim group/company:

Texas Board of Ed to Vote on Islamic Supremacist Bias in Textbooks

Critics of new textbooks have called on the BoE to investigate and vote on several passages in new textbooks that they believe have a "pro-Islamic bias." According to Republican member of the Texas Board of Education Don McLeroy, the only reason why Islam is getting a favorable writing is because "Academia wants to lean over backwards to be politically correct and not be labeled ethnocentric, so it's kind of a cultural relativism."

McLeroy and other critics of the textbooks cite the fact that Islamic beliefs and rituals are discussed more than twice as long as Christian beliefs, 248 lines to 120. They are also upset with "politically-correct whitewashes of Islamic culture and stigmas on Christian civilization" as well as "sanitized definitions of 'jihad' that exclude religious intolerance or military aggression against non-Muslims."
Texas Board of Ed to Vote on Islamic Supremacist Bias in Textbooks - Atlas Shrugs

This was part of the list of how to infiltrate and bring the USA down (originally by the Communists, adapted by the Muslims)...

Remove the history, teach edited or inaccurate history to make the USA look like the big bully in the world, apologize, feel bad, remove the military and acquiesce and bow to the UN and OWG. Sigh... It's like we just came out of the caves, man. ;)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Thunder Peel

You don't eat a peacock until it's cooked.
Aug 17, 2008
Missouri
✟40,869.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Mark Levin

Click on yesterday's audio. Awesome, awesome message.

He explains why the Republicans lost, and that it *was* the Republicans, not the Conservatives, who lost yesterday. In fact, he makes a good case for what I've always felt, that Conservatism is only begrudgingly welcomed in the GOP, by the blue-bloods. Keep in mind that Levin was predicting an Obama win because of this, and the fact that the Republicans always get their butts handed to them whenever they put up one of their blue-blooded, progressive-lites instead of a genuine conservative. So he's not trying to explain why he was wrong, he's explaining why he was right.

Basically, don't let the left and the progressive Republicans make us think that we are why they lost. We aren't. Romney lost for being Obama-lite; he supported the NDAA, for crying out loud.

One thing I'd personally like to add to this. Sometimes, we conservatives have a knee-jerk reaction to defending our own when one of us says something stupid. One guy running (supposedly -- I never looked into it too much) that if a woman becomes pregnant because of a rape, that's God's will. Now, I know that liberals will lie about us and take things wildly out of context, but we do not have the media on our side. We cannot simply defend someone and then research to see if it's even true. We need to first make it clear that those sort of statements is *not* representive of us, and then explain why such-and-such was or wasn't what was actually said.

In the audio, Levin says we need to fight a little dirtier. I semi-agree. I don't think we should abandon our morals to win, but we should go on the offensive much more often. Again, using the rape comment as an example, there are liberals on this very board who routinely compare an unborn child to a parasite. Throw that back in their face, ask them if that's representative of social liberalism. When they declare it's not, then ask them why what that guy said should be considered representative of social conservatism. I'm not saying throw people under the bus if they're being lied about, I mean first counter the argument that the accusation is representative of us, then defend the person against falsehoods. If the guy or gal is saying something outrageous, don't be afraid to mark the difference between what they believe and what the rest of us believe.

Remember that one of the defining traits of Conservatism is the love of liberty, and liberty never goes completely out of style. It may be seen as passe for a time, but soon enough people realize just how valuable it is.

Bingo. Mark Levine is a smart man and I agree with him. I predicted that Obama would win because of the entitlement mentality that many Democratic voters have. Don't get me wrong: I think Romney ran a good race and would have made a good president. The problem right from the start was that he wasn't aggressive enough and couldn't explain conservative values in a way that resonated with the public. Our policies really do work but we need candidates who are true conservatives and can prove that our way works better than spending, handouts, and weak foreign policies. Ronald Regan understood this better than anyone and managed to bring the country together. We've never seen another quite like him. If the GOP doesn't learn from this then they'll never hold again.

Upvote 0

drjean

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 16, 2011
✟313,070.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
That's why McCain lost: he wasn't aggressive enough...

But also... he wasn't charming. Romney had an air of faux caring about him :(

I don't think policies matter anymore. People want to really like the guy/gal... identify (even if it's a lie the candidate tells)... look at a nice pretty face and smile on him/her...

I know Marco Rubio's name is still up...but the illegal issue is going to be "solved" I think... the dems want credit and the reps need to get rid of it before election time again... so my point is, they won't Need Rubio for the hispanic/latino vote.

Upvote 0

Thunder Peel

Aug 17, 2008
Missouri
✟40,869.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I like Rubio but I need to see more of him in action before I can get a good feel for him. So many Republicans right now just don't get it. The GOP think they need to keep moving to the center in order to win, even though it keeps costing them elections. If they really want to win they need to move back to the right and start standing on their principles.

Upvote 0

drjean

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 16, 2011
✟313,070.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Possibly. It doesn't matter what is "right" for the Country any more... it's what people think they want, regardless of how it might turn out. :(

The legal hispanics and latinos don't want the illegals to get amnesty. Why so many voted for Mr Obama is beyond me, and to those legals who talk with me.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Thunder Peel

Aug 17, 2008
Missouri
✟40,869.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Possibly. It doesn't matter what is "right" for the Country any more... it's what people think they want, regardless of how it might turn out. :(

The legal hispanics and latinos don't want the illegals to get amnesty. Why so many voted for Mr Obama is beyond me, and to those legals who talk with me.

It's sad but that's the way it is. People are too busy focusing on what their country can give them, not what they can give to their country. JFK would be ashamed and disgusted at what we've become.

Upvote 0

Jeffwhosoever

Faithful Servant & Seminary Student
Christian Forums Staff
Chaplain
Angels Team
Site Supporter
Sep 21, 2009
Southern US
✟418,092.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
It's sad but that's the way it is. People are too busy focusing on what their country can give them, not what they can give to their country. JFK would be ashamed and disgusted at what we've become.

You got that right.

Upvote 0

Metal Minister

May 8, 2012
✟29,999.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Thunder Peel said:
I like Rubio but I need to see more of him in action before I can get a good feel for him. So many Republicans right now just don't get it. The GOP think they need to keep moving to the center in order to win, even though it keeps costing them elections. If they really want to win they need to move back to the right and start standing on their principles.

Agreed, but conservatives need to stop letting liberals define them. How many times now has a lib brought up that cockamamy argument that the racist southern democrats used to be the conservatives and somehow they switched? We need to start blasting that out of the water every chance we get. It's horse manure, but until we grab hold of this kind of lie the rest of the public will only ever see it.

Upvote 0

Metal Minister

May 8, 2012
✟29,999.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Last edited: