The Shroud Can't be the Holy Shroud of Jesus...

Status
Not open for further replies.

88Devin07

Orthodox Catholic Church
Feb 2, 2005
✟17,447.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Matthew you must see the truth...

Jesus wasn't 6'2", he couldn't have been. As the average middle eastern man was just above 5ft tall...

Also, as was mentioned earlier. His head was covered with a seperate piece than the shroud was... His body was covered with a shroud and his head was wrapped in a seperate piece of cloth, the shroud of turin shows otherwise and is thus contradictory to scripture.

Yes I know leaves and such were found from Jesus' area. But that doesn't prevent some one from travelling down there and getting the cloth and plants from there now does it?

They also say that the spear and nails were imprinted on the shroud. But there is no evidence nor mention of them being in his tomb and buried with him.

It shows Jesus as having a stronger right arm... However he wouldn't have had much muscle on his right arm as he had been ministering for 3 years and muscle doesn't stay strong like the shroud shows... I personally lost my muscle in my arms after 3 months of not weight lifting and working out.

His hands aren't in the position that if he were dead, that they would be in... It shows he was nailed through the wrists (historically accuract) but his hands (fingers and palm) don't show much like he had been nailed.

passion4.jpg

That illustration originally came from a physician. (and has danced through the internet since then)

The so-called nail imprint on the shroud actually closer resembles a modern railroad tie nail.

still2.jpg

Of course railroads didn't exist till about the mid 19th century...

But thats beside the point, the nail on the shroud isn't consistant with historical nails, and if you compare that to the hands and blood, there isn't nearly the amount of blood that would have existed had he been nailed with it.

Upvote 0
K

Kolya

Dominus Fidelis said:
I do wonder if this was an Orthodox relic if it would be more respected/believed? Probably, but that's understandable...I've been skeptical of your miracles before.

Many of our relics are shared, and we don't knock any miracles happening to RCC folks. Please don't knock our miracles.

Anyway, I personally have not been convinced either way about the Shroud. So, like anyone who is a suspect, they should remain 'innocent' until proven 'guilty',
and deserve all respect due to them/it.

BTW, nice forensic work, Devin!:)

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.