The saved are eternally secure

SavedByGraceThruFaith

Aug 24, 2013
✟15,104.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The Holy Bible is quite clear that salvation is just by grace through faith in the Lord Jesus Christ and His shed blood, and that salvation is guaranteed forever. Thus once saved always saved is true. This is just some of the many passages that show this.

The saved can never lose salvation because they are not under the law of sin unto damnation.

Romans 8:2
For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.

The following says the same thing. The first part is negated by the second part, which is why the word "but" is in there.

Romans 6:23
For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Since salvation is a gift from God, God never takes it back.

Romans 11:29
For the gifts and calling of God are without repentance.

The saved are not under the law but under grace.

Romans 6:14
For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace.

The save are not under the curse of the law, which is damnation. Jesus Christ already paid for all the sins of the saved. So there is need for any of them to be paid for by the saved.

Galatians 3:13
Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree:

The saved already have redemption, that is, they are already redeemed. The saved have all their sins forgiven. There is no qualifier in the following verse, so it must be all sins.

Colossians 1:14
In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins:

The following verse says the exact same thing.

Ephesians 1:7
In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace;

The saved have all their trespasses already forgiven.

Colossians 2:13
And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, hath he quickened together with him, having forgiven you all trespasses;

Jesus Christ has already paid for all the sins of the saved.

Romans 5:8
But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

In verse 3, it says our sins. There is no qualifier, so it must be all sins. Since Jesus Christ already paid for all the sins of the saved, the saved could never be damned.

1 Corinthians 15:1-4
1 Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;
2 By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.
3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;
4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

The saved are cleansed from all sins.

1 John 1:7
But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.

There is no qualifier in the following verse, so the saved have all their sins washed away.

Revelation 1:5
And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood,

Eternal Security or Once Saved Always Saved is Absolutely True. The Holy Bible has many verses or passages that prove this. Here are just a few. There are many more.

Jesus Christ who is God said the following. If someone has everlasting life, then they could never be damned. If not, they did not have everlasting life but potentially have everlasting life. The verse would have said, “might have everlasting life” or “possibly have everlasting life.” Jesus Christ, who is God, would not lie especially with the double verily. Notice also that only believe is mentioned so it must be believe only. If it were believe and anything else, then the something else would be mentioned else the statement is not true. But the statement is true, so it must be believe only.

John 6:47
Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me hath everlasting life.

Jesus also said the following. Verses 15 and 16 say the same thing and by the same logic above prove eternal security and salvation just by faith alone. Both also emphatically claim, “should not perish” which again proves eternal security. In verse 18, Jesus Christ says that they are not condemned. All again prove eternal security.

John 3:14-18
14 And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up:
15 That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life.
16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.
18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

Jesus Christ also said the following. In verse 26, Jesus Christ said that they shall never die. Surely you believe God.

John 11:25-26
25 Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live:
26 And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this?

Paul, the apostle of the Gentiles, wrote the following, so there is no way the saved could lose salvation. If you are sealed until the day of redemption, you could not be damned.

Ephesians 4:30
And grieve not the Holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption.

That sealing forever happens at the moment of belief in Jesus Christ.

Ephesians 1:12-13
12 That we should be to the praise of his glory, who first trusted in Christ.
13 In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that Holy Spirit of promise,

God promised the saved that He will make sure the saved are saved. It is God that makes the promise and God that makes it happen.

Philippians 1:6
Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ:

The saved have already been raised and already sit in heavenly places.

Ephesians 2:5-7
5 Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved
6 And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus:
7 That in the ages to come he might shew the exceeding riches of his grace in his kindness toward us through Christ Jesus.

In the following verse, Jesus says He is with the saved and will never leave them. How could they ever go to hell?

Hebrews 13:5
Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee.

Jesus Christ also said the following. Since the Holy Spirit is with the saved forever, the saved could never go to hell, because the Holy Spirit would have to go there too.

John 14:16
And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;

Jesus Christ the Lord also said the following. If someone has “eternal life,” then they could never be damned. If not, they did not have eternal life but potentially had eternal life. Jesus Christ, who is God, would not lie. Again Jesus Christ is emphatic that “they shall never perish.” Obviously no man can pluck them out of Jesus’ hand or His Father’s hand, not even the saved person themselves.

John 10:28
And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.

It is the will of the Father that Jesus Christ not lose any that believe on Him. Jesus Christ always does the Father’s will.

John 6:39-40
39 And this is the Father's will which hath sent me, that of all which he hath given me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day.
40 And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.

Jesus Christ promised to never cast out those that come to Him. So once saved always saved.

John 6:37
All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out.

The apostle John wrote the following. How can you know that you have eternal life if it is only a maybe?

1 John 5:13
These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.

The next passage, written by Paul, the apostle of the Gentiles, says, “are saved,” not might be saved. Notice it is through faith and not works. Since there is no qualifier on the word works it must mean all works.

Ephesians 2:8-9
8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

Potentially damned could not be salvation as written by Paul in the following passage. Note that everyone, every single person without exception that believes in the gospel of Jesus Christ is saved. That is a guarantee forever.

Romans 1:16
For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

The following words spoken by Jesus Christ again prove once saved always saved.

John 5:24
Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.

As already shown in Ephesians 2:9, works do not earn salvation. All the work for salvation is already completed by the blood payment for our sins by sacrifice of Jesus Christ on the cross. That is why Jesus Christ said:

John 19:30
When Jesus therefore had received the vinegar, he said, It is finished: and he bowed his head, and gave up the ghost.

In fact, Jesus Christ declared that the only work for salvation is to just believe in the Lord Jesus Christ.

John 6:28-29
28 Then said they unto him, What shall we do, that we might work the works of God?
29 Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent.

Paul says that a person must stop trying to earn salvation by works or merit or they will not be saved.

Romans 4:5
But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness.

Please see the following threads on how to be saved forever.
Where will you spend eternity?

This is what it means to believe on the Lord Jesus Christ

Last edited:
Reactions: GigageiTsula

bornofGod888

Feb 20, 2013
Hidden with Christ in God (Col. 3:3)
✟3,812.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You neglected a whole bunch of verses which refute your theory, but, then again, I'm not the least bit surprised that you did. Yes, nowadays, it seems that many professing Christians skip all of the verses in the Bible which they don't like...as if that's somehow going to change the Word of God. It isn't.

Upvote 0

Hentenza

I will fear no evil for You are with me
Mar 27, 2007
On the bus to Heaven
✟60,078.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
You neglected a whole bunch of verses which refute your theory, but, then again, I'm not the least bit surprised that you did. Yes, nowadays, it seems that many professing Christians skip all of the verses in the Bible which they don't like...as if that's somehow going to change the Word of God. It isn't.

God is perfectly capable of finishing the work that He began in the believer. Are you saying that you have more power than God?

Upvote 0

rockytopva

Love to pray! :)
Site Supporter
Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
✟1,076,154.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first... - 2 Thessalonians 2:3

4 For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost,
5 And have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come,
6 If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame. - Hebrews 6

I know too many who were once saved and have now fell away. I met a girl at work who, on looking at her, said, "You got a great smile!" And she said, "So do you!" And then we begin to hit it off. Everything went well until she said, "There is one more thing I haven't felt." Come to find out that she is a very sexually active adult who has never been married. After listening to so much of that I began to question her as to whether that kind of thing was acceptable to the Lord or not, and whether or not that kind of activity would be allowed in heaven. After cornering her, she said, that no one could steal her salvation.

So she has the Calvinism mixed up with the Christianity and sexuality.The preservation of the saints... In her mind allowed her to get away with everything!

I simply believe that the doctrine of eternal security is a satanically inspired hoax. As long as we are living we have oppurtunity to walk away from salvation... Or to embrace it.

Upvote 0
U

unlikeable1979

Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first... - 2 Thessalonians 2:3

4 For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost,
5 And have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come,
6 If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame. - Hebrews 6

I know too many who were once saved and have now fell away. I met a girl at work who, on looking at her, said, "You got a great smile!" And she said, "So do you!" And then we begin to hit it off. Everything went well until she said, "There is one more thing I haven't felt." Come to find out that she is a very sexually active adult who has never been married. After listening to so much of that I began to question her as to whether that kind of thing was acceptable to the Lord or not, and whether or not that kind of activity would be allowed in heaven. After cornering her, she said, that no one could steal her salvation.

So she has the Calvinism mixed up with the Christianity and sexuality.The preservation of the saints... In her mind allowed her to get away with everything!

I simply believe that the doctrine of eternal security is a satanically inspired hoax. As long as we are living we have oppurtunity to walk away from salvation... Or to embrace it.

This is true.

Upvote 0

rockytopva

Site Supporter
Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
✟1,076,154.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
I was brought up in a large Baptist church. We had a pastor that would really bring in the people. The church grew and bus ministries began to arise.

The teenage girls were really wild. We had one girl in the church by the name of Teresa whose parents did not go to church. Well the girls invited her into one of their parties where they would smoke dope. Well, Teresa, the only girl in the group whose family was not Christian told on those girls. I know the girls in that church as very wild.

Well, the church goes in an uproar, the pastor gets the blame and the boot, and the next thing you know they get a guy as dry as last years toast. The attendance plummets, and that church has not done well since.

A study once pointed out that the divorce rate among so called 'born again' Christians in 2000 (Barna survey: Baptists have highest divorce rate) was higher than the 25% of the divorce rate in the world. Only the Catholic and Lutheran were lower.

denom_divorce.jpg

There simply is a problem with sin in the church these days that is not being addressed in the pulpit. And doctrine such as eternal security help, in my opinion, fuel it.

Upvote 0

SavedByGraceThruFaith

Aug 24, 2013
✟15,104.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I was brought up in a large Baptist church. We had a pastor that would really bring in the people. The church grew and bus ministries began to arise.

The teenage girls were really wild. We had one girl in the church by the name of Teresa whose parents did not go to church. Well the girls invited her into one of their parties where they would smoke dope. Well, Teresa, the only girl in the group whose family was not Christian told on those girls. I know the girls in that church as very wild.

Well, the church goes in an uproar, the pastor gets the blame and the boot, and the next thing you know they get a guy as dry as last years toast. The attendance plummets, and that church has not done well since.

A study once pointed out that the divorce rate among so called 'born again' Christians in 2000 (Barna survey: Baptists have highest divorce rate) was higher than the 25% of the divorce rate in the world. Only the Catholic and Lutheran were lower.

denom_divorce.jpg

There simply is a problem with sin in the church these days that is not being addressed in the pulpit. And doctrine such as eternal security help, in my opinion, fuel it.

In the last days with all the deception stories and statistics are meaningless
I only use scripture

Upvote 0

rockytopva

Site Supporter
Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
✟1,076,154.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
I only use scripture

Well try this one on for size...

He that overcometh, the same shall be clothed in white raiment; and I will not blot out his name out of the book of life, but I will confess his name before my Father, and before his angels. - Revelation 3:5

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

sicksince

Oct 29, 2013
✟401.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Well try this one on for size...

He that overcometh, the same shall be clothed in white raiment; and I will not blot out his name out of the book of life, but I will confess his name before my Father, and before his angels. - Revelation 3:5

What is the point of quoting that scripture? How does it relate to the topic at hand?

Upvote 0

sicksince

Oct 29, 2013
✟401.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I only use scripture

And you've done a very good job at using scripture.

I guess Rocky thought that his story about the Baptists was going to convince us that we could somehow lose our salvation.

Upvote 0

Hentenza

I will fear no evil for You are with me
Mar 27, 2007
On the bus to Heaven
✟60,078.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

denom_divorce.jpg

So? We are all sinners. There is not one good, not even one. Do you think that you can do better with your works? Filthy rags?

Rom. 4
6 just as David also speaks of the blessing on the man to whom God credits righteousness apart from works: 7 “Blessed are those whose lawless deeds have been forgiven,
And whose sins have been covered.
8 “Blessed is the man whose sin the Lord will not take into account.”

Who is this man?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Setyoufree

Mar 2, 2013
Southern USA
✟5,400.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
A believer can be lost if he gives up faith in Christ. Who are any of you kidding???

Notice the following:

Hebrews 6:4 It is impossible for those who have once been enlightened, who have tasted the heavenly gift, who have shared in the Holy Spirit (that's born again believer), 5 who have tasted the goodness of the word of God and the powers of the coming age, 6 if they fall away (apostatize - i.e., give up Christ), to be brought back to repentance, because to their loss they are crucifying the Son of God all over again and subjecting him to public disgrace.

Besides, if you are once saved always saved then why does Paul repeatedly plead with believers not to give up their faith in Christ???

Hebrews 3:12 See to it, brothers, that none of you has a sinful, unbelieving heart that turns away from the living God. 13 But encourage one another daily, as long as it is called Today, so that none of you may be hardened by sin's deceitfulness. 14 We have come to share in Christ if we hold firmly till the end the confidence we had at first.

So then, we are once saved always saved as long as our faith remains in Christ Jesus, but if you give Him up (which is premeditated apostasy) you are lost.

I'm not writing about backsliding or falling into sin. That's not the unpardonable sin. I'm talking about rejecting Christ because you have rejected Him and your need of His righteousness.

Last edited:
Upvote 0