Visit site
✟28,184.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
The Rules

[FONT=&quot]READ:[/FONT][FONT=&quot]1 John 5:1-12[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]1 John 5:1[/FONT][FONT=&quot] (NIV) "This is love for God: to obey his commands." [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I am a Resident Assistant in a freshman guys dorm here at college. My primary job is to relate to the residents and make the dorm a place of respect, learning, new experiences, fun, and community. Though I am still in training, one of the constant themes throughout has been the disrespect of residents for the rules that fall into the so-called "gray areas". It is not uncommon for a freshman to bend the rules and try to get away with breaking college policy. And, because of their actions, my obedience to the rules of the college require me to discipline them no matter what their reaction or regard for the rules happens to be at the moment. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I believe as Christians we too make the mistake of thinking we are within our rights to ignore or disobey the orders of someone in authority. And, like some of the infamous residents I have heard about in training, we convince ourselves that we have a legitimate excuse. Even as believers in Christ, we are apt to think that we know what is best for us. But no one is in a better position to know our real needs than the Lord Himself. When He gives us commands, He understands the outcome. They are for His honor, the good of others, and our eventual joy (1 John 5:3-5). [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]When God gives orders in His Word, don't refuse to obey because you think they are too picky or because you don't think they apply to you. Because when it comes to our sovereign and loving God, orders are orders.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Faith Lesson:[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Obedience to God is not an optional choice in the Christian life--it is a requirement.

In Christ,
Darin Smith[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Submitted by Richard
[/FONT] For more stories visit my external website on my home page.