george

Veteran
Mar 29, 2002
springfield,ky
Visit site
✟2,406.00
Faith
Non-Denom
7Now it happened on a certain day, as He was teaching, that there were Pharisees and teachers of the law sitting by, who had come out of every town of Galilee, Judea, and Jerusalem. And the power of the Lord was present to heal them. lk 5:17

Could this passages lead one to think, that their may have been times, were jesus didn't have the power to heal? I'm not saying that he was ever powerless. but was wondering why luke mention this. what did he mean when he said that the power of the lord was present to heal? just stricking converesation.

Prophet01

Nov 26, 2005
✟599.00
Faith
Non-Denom
"the power of the Lord was present to heal them"

do you not have eyes to see and ears to hear?

The power of the lord is our savior Jesus Christ, it is he who has come to heal us, it is Jesus himself who the gosepl writer says is present

The Spirit of the Lord God is on Me,
because the Lord has anointed Me
to bring good news to the poor.
He has sent Me to heal the brokenhearted,
to proclaim liberty to the captives,
and freedom to the prisoners.

Upvote 0

canadiancatholic

Aug 14, 2005
✟8,032.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
george said:
7Now it happened on a certain day, as He was teaching, that there were Pharisees and teachers of the law sitting by, who had come out of every town of Galilee, Judea, and Jerusalem. And the power of the Lord was present to heal them. lk 5:17

Could this passages lead one to think, that their may have been times, were jesus didn't have the power to heal? I'm not saying that he was ever powerless. but was wondering why luke mention this. what did he mean when he said that the power of the lord was present to heal? just stricking converesation.
I also think that this passage implies that the faith of the paralyzed man was what invokes the power. Not that Christ is powerless besides, because with him all things are possible. But in his ministry he frequently uses faith to heal, be it a roman soldier or a leper. The faith doesn't need to be of the person being healed, just faith of a person who requests it.
canadiancatholic

Upvote 0

Rut

All creation points to the almighty Creator.
Oct 31, 2005
Norway
✟64,460.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Iollain said:
[20] When Jesus saw their faith, he said, "Friend, your sins are forgiven."

Might be that faith was what brought the power, maybe, cause i remember reading that Jesus could not heal any in one town because of their lack of faith?

I think that must mean something else:blush: .Do you remember that Jesus healed a male ( he was in a watering place) that didn`t know Jesus was Jesus and jesus healed him.Unfortunately haven`t I my bible here. (I`m in a kind of hospital)

Upvote 0

linssue55

Senior Veteran
Jul 31, 2005
Tucson Az
✟11,739.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
george said:

You are thinking the opposite of what the verse states.

It means the power within Him that is Always present. The Lord Omnipotence is always present within Him, He just drew on that power for that occasion, to heal.

Example.....just as we have the power to talk, walk, write, read, etc. etc., doesn't mean we use these powers of our's all the time. When we need to write, we draw upon THAT ability (power) to perform that task, pencil in hand, we begin to write. Simple. Omnipotent, means ALL POWERFUL, that NOTHING is more powerful. When He needed it (it is always present) it is always there, always accesible!

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.