Fort Bragg, NC
✟6,085.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
I was sitting in church today for a few moments after the service was over and the room was almost empty and I heard a lot loud prayer coming from the corner of the room and I saw three gentlemen praying for a boy and I took no real notice of it. A few minutes later I heard the boy making strange noises like hissing and screeching. This is not typical for my church, I am almost 30 and have attended for most of my life and this is the first time I have ever witnessed anything like this. A few minutes later this was still going on.

Being very confident in my faith, not being very amazed at the concept of demonic activity I wasn't really concerned with the issue but this was still going on after probably 5 or 10 minutes I began to feel as if one of the gentlemen praying who was the loudest was more concerned with what he was saying and the fervency of his words then he was in the power of God to oust the evil thing he believed to be present. I felt like he believed that he could somehow force the evil thing out if he said the right words and was aggressive enough and didn't lose heart though I have no doubt he believed in Jesus and that he believed Jesus wanted him to do this.

I began to feel that this should not be continuing on and that regardless of what we say or how loud we say it the devil has no power to refuse to leave, he has to go and he does have not the option of staying and this important part is simply our faith. I began to pray that in the name of Jesus Christ whatever was bothering this Child would leave and that because of Jesus Christ it had to leave and there was no option of it staying. I prayed for about a minute and then just waited confidently and patiently then things began to quiet down and not long after they were talking to the boy and his mother about something.

By no means do I think that I accomplished it or that I came in and did what they could not do but I do feel that many people misunderstand the reason we can believe that God will provide for us or protect us or save us. It is not found in many words, it is found in a simple faith that he will do what he said he would do and that because he said that it must be done. Jesus did not struggle with demons for 10 to 15 minutes, he told them to leave and they left, the emphasis was his authority not the words he used when speaking to them or how hearty his speech was.

A

All4HISglory

More so, we also need to be mindful that as wells faith, some struggles also require faith, prayer & fasting.

Healing of An Epileptic Boy KJV

14And when they came to the multitude, there came to him a certain man, kneeling down to him, and saying,

15Lord, have mercy on my son: for he is epileptic, and is very ill: for often he falls into the fire, and often into the water.

16And I brought him to your disciples, and they could not cure him.

17Then Jesus answered and said, O faithless and perverse generation, how long shall I be with you? how long shall I endure you? bring him here to me.

18And Jesus rebuked the demon; and he departed out of him: and the child was cured from that very hour.

19Then came the disciples to Jesus apart, and said, Why could not we cast him out?

20And Jesus said unto them, Because of your unbelief: for verily I say unto you, If you have faith as a grain of mustard seed, you shall say unto this mountain, Remove from here to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you.

21But this kind goes not out but by prayer and fasting

So there are more variables involved other than simple faith in prayer. Deliverance is in the power of the name of Jesus. We have to be mindful that we must be led into deliverance since it is the Spirit of the Lord that reveals what spirit is at work.

Upvote 0
D

day time

Just to add ... and I'm not commenting on the boy hissing and whatnot in the church, rather, I'm commenting on this statement for the most part:

It is not found in many words, it is found in a simple faith that he will do what he said he would do and that because he said that it must be done. Jesus did not struggle with demons for 10 to 15 minutes, he told them to leave and they left, the emphasis was his authority not the words he used when speaking to them or how hearty his speech was.

There are times where there is a dialogue going on .... and even hearing the spirits plead, or reject what Jesus is offering. In looking at Jesus dealing with Legion, for example .... He even asked the name of the spirits that were "hived" together. They knew Jesus' name .... and recognized what he *could* do, but begged that he instead allowed them to go into some pigs rather than the abyss. He *gave them permission* to go into a group of pigs that then all killed themselves. But there was dialogue going on, and *options* involved.

Upvote 0

briareos

Mar 11, 2011
Fort Bragg, NC
✟6,085.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
HAHA! All the way! I don't have many friends here yet, of the 13 or so months i've been at Bragg I was in Afghanistan. I am still on block leave after returning :) My little unit that I deployed with is plagued with drama. I am in the 82 STB, finance.

I'm a leg and you better be nice about it :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
A

All4HISglory

briareos said:
HAHA! All the way! I don't have many friends here yet, of the 13 or so months i've been at Bragg I was in Afghanistan. I am still on block leave after returning :) My little unit that I deployed with is plagued with drama. I am in the 82 STB, finance.

I'm a leg and you better be nice about it :)

Lol! Welcome home!!! I have a cousin who just ETS'd and was Finance. He was in 4th PSYOPs though. I've been out since 2006. I was in the old COSCOM with 4 rotations. 2 Iraq, 1 Afghan & 6 months in Turkey. My husband and I both support the troops as civilians still here on my all time favorite base.

What church do you attend? Don't worry about being Chairborne :) I'd never call a BIC a leg :)

~Jrs_Lovely1 {iPad}

Upvote 0

briareos

Mar 11, 2011
Fort Bragg, NC
✟6,085.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
I have not found a church yet, I have been recommended one but I have yet to be able to attend. I will see on sunday how it goes. There is a small young church called Zoe Life Christian Center that I am going to try to attend and help.

Your did 4 rotations, ets'd 6 years ago and your 28? How did that work? I just finished my 3rd but I came in late 2005. Thank you for your service. I don't really like Bragg... too much running and too much old school army some of the surrounding community doesn't sound very nice.

Upvote 0

quietpraiyze

In The Secret Place
Nov 18, 2011
✟93,590.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
By no means do I think that I accomplished it or that I came in and did what they could not do but I do feel that many people misunderstand the reason we can believe that God will provide for us or protect us or save us. It is not found in many words, it is found in a simple faith that he will do what he said he would do and that because he said that it must be done. Jesus did not struggle with demons for 10 to 15 minutes, he told them to leave and they left, the emphasis was his authority not the words he used when speaking to them or how hearty his speech was.

Amen & Amen :thumbsup:

Upvote 0