United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hebrews 11:25b (NASB20)
………………………………..enjoy the temporary pleasures of sin,

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Why does scripture say the pleasures of sin are temporary…?

It is because evil is only pleasurable as it misuses the good…. Once the evil and the good have been separated by the final judgement and each goes to its own place evil/sin will only have itself to feed upon and then will discover what itself is…. That being a restless desire after it knows not what, unfulfilled and incapable of being satisfied and incapable of being brought out of its own state, thereby eternally being a torment to itself…

For God does not punish as if He is hurt or needs a recompense in some way…. But His punishments or that which is called His punishments is a leaving each to the qualities that one has embraced…. For when one misuses the good to bring forth evil that one damages oneself, for God is incapable of being damaged or change, He forever remains a will to all goodness, for that is what He is in Himself, the good or bad actions of any created thing changes Him not, only the creature blesses or damages itself….

For at the final judgment when the fruit of having used or misused the good is made manifest, blessings and honor to one, horror and distress to the other….

Be blessed in the fruit of the choices one makes, let them be to the embracing of the quality of being dead in Christ, whereby all the good is embraced..

A fellow follower, Not me

Unqualified

243 God loves me
Site Supporter
Aug 17, 2020
West of Mississippi
✟425,472.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Sin separates us from God and it can becomes like hell. Right? I know people that have been living together a long time and have no judgment of God. The wicked prosper. Just like you said. But if you may be the called it is very hard to resist Gods judgment.

Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟310,168.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Why does scripture say the pleasures of sin are temporary…?
Consider first of all that death will eventually put an end to personal sin (sin being putting our will ahead of the will of God, where His will says care for others, not just self). Extremely useful in ending the reign of a tyrant, let alone the everyday self absorbed person.
Second, say using theft or adultery as an example, somebody usually gets hurt and that hurt often comes back to bite the perpetrator.

Self interest always seeks gain at the expense of others and though it may thrive here in earth, there is no place for it in the Kingdom. Game over for both the sin and the sinner.

Upvote 0

Not me

Righteousness is right and not me.
Feb 26, 2018
California
✟265,295.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Sin separates us from God and it can becomes like hell. Right? I know people that have been living together a long time and have no judgment of God. The wicked prosper. Just like you said. But if you may be the called it is very hard to resist Gods judgment.
Blessings as we strive to put a smile on God’s face..

In our seeking on Him, Not me
Consider first of all that death will eventually put an end to personal sin (sin being putting our will ahead of the will of God, where His will says care for others, not just self). Extremely useful in ending the reign of a tyrant, let alone the everyday self absorbed person.
Second, say using theft or adultery as an example, somebody usually gets hurt and that hurt often comes back to bite the perpetrator.

Self interest always seeks gain at the expense of others and though it may thrive here in earth, there is no place for it in the Kingdom. Game over for both the sin and the sinner.
May our wills be as scripture says; ‘served Him with his whole heart’…

Blessings, Not me

Upvote 0