Feb 28, 2002
Mathias WV
Visit site
✟29,098.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
:hug: It's good to see you, kelco. What's been going on for you? How are you doing?

I'm doing well! What about you?

Well I made it through licensing school and was appointed to 2 small churches about 40 miles from where I live!!!! I Love it!

Upvote 0

kelco

Rev. Kelco
Feb 28, 2002
Mathias WV
Visit site
✟29,098.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
hello everyone!

Long time no speak!

I am currently out of ministry at the moment (and no longer a mod). How about you?

Yes it has been a long time. Still in the ministry and loving it. Are you going to go back into the ministry?

Upvote 0

Macrina

Macrinator
Sep 8, 2004
✟22,415.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Hmm, the Mac update:

Well, since leaving CF a couple years ago, I've gotten married, moved twice, and made plans to work in China as soon as is feasible (probably a few years, given the student-loan situation).

I'm not installed in my own pastorate right now, but I am volunteering with my local congregation. I know well how much work there is to do for a solo pastor, so I'm happy that I can ease the burden a bit for the minister there. I'm preaching this Sunday, in fact.

I got sucked into lurking on CF when my husband (Willtor) got involved in a thread on
"Women in Authority" in General Theology. I decided it would be less stressful to watch in silence than it would be to say my own bit, so I started a thread: http://www.christianforums.com/t7423247/. So far, there isn't a lot of interest in it, unfortunately. Especially from the people whom I would most like to have explain their reasoning to me. Sigh. I hope y'all will come by and chime in if you have anything to say.

I'm not going to be majorly all over CF this time around, but I figure I can check in on a few threads, and this is one of the ones I really like. It's good to be in touch with other women in ministry, isn't it?

ETA: I've also started a new thread here: http://www.christianforums.com/t7423838/#post53698413

Last edited:
Upvote 0

kelco

Rev. Kelco
Feb 28, 2002
Mathias WV
Visit site
✟29,098.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
Hmm, the Mac update:

Well, since leaving CF a couple years ago, I've gotten married, moved twice, and made plans to work in China as soon as is feasible (probably a few years, given the student-loan situation).

I'm not installed in my own pastorate right now, but I am volunteering with my local congregation. I know well how much work there is to do for a solo pastor, so I'm happy that I can ease the burden a bit for the minister there. I'm preaching this Sunday, in fact.

I got sucked into lurking on CF when my husband (Willtor) got involved in a thread on
"Women in Authority" in General Theology. I decided it would be less stressful to watch in silence than it would be to say my own bit, so I started a thread: http://www.christianforums.com/t7423247/. So far, there isn't a lot of interest in it, unfortunately. Especially from the people whom I would most like to have explain their reasoning to me. Sigh. I hope y'all will come by and chime in if you have anything to say.

I'm not going to be majorly all over CF this time around, but I figure I can check in on a few threads, and this is one of the ones I really like. It's good to be in touch with other women in ministry, isn't it?

ETA: I've also started a new thread here: http://www.christianforums.com/t7423838/#post53698413

A little late but congrats Mac and Willitor!!! Sounds like you have been really busy. China sounds exciting!

Being a solo pastor for 2 churches, holding down a full time job and going to school can be just a little busy sometimes.

I am just getting home after leaving at 8 am this morning. Since I live so far away I try to do my visiting after church. Today I got lost twice and never did find one of my parishioner's house. I love the directions that start "you can't miss it." Yes I can miss it and did for almost 2 hours. I finally just gave up and came on home. :doh:

Yeah it is nice to have a place where I can come and "de-stress". Sometimes it's just stupid little stuff that gets to you and writing it down helps.

Upvote 0

kelco

Rev. Kelco
Feb 28, 2002
Mathias WV
Visit site
✟29,098.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
Doing something I haven't done in months. I'm going to take a day off. Going to breakfast and shopping with a friend and then in the afternoon going to my "adopted parents" house for our Christmas get together! I'm so exicted just to have a day to myself!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

singpeace

Site Supporter
Oct 21, 2009
U.S.
✟40,147.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Hi Girls.

I'm new here.

Non Denominational for 20 years with history in Baptist and Church of God.

My husband and I have been serving God for the past 16 years or so. He's a preacher-teacher whenever doors open for him. My calling is to edify and encourage; although, I'll do whatever I'm asked usually: Church Sec., Kids' S S teacher, cleaning the church, and leading worship.

I'm in a tight spot here. I've been experiencing some pretty strong opposition to my having any kind of ministry. Perplexing, since it comes from my husband and our life group co-host couple.

I could use some opinions/thoughts/wise council/prayer. I'm cautious about going to anyone in my church.

Thanks if I can talk about this.

Love in Christ.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

kelco

Rev. Kelco
Feb 28, 2002
Mathias WV
Visit site
✟29,098.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
My prayers are certainly with you. I think that sometimes other people put a damper on a woman in ministry because it threatens them in some way. It may be that your husband is afraid that by you becoming more involved in the ministry that his status as head of the household will be threatened. Since I don't know you and am not involved with your situation please take this advice with a grain of salt. God bless you!

Upvote 0

alexier

Stand Firm In Faith
Site Supporter
Sep 15, 2007
North Wales
✟121,233.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Engaged
Hi all - back on the boards (as its the summer hols lol) - How is everyone? I am now heading into my 3rd and last year as an Ordinand! Godd-willing I will be ordained next June! Boy have these 2 years gone quick!
Blessings to you all xxx

Upvote 0

alexier

Stand Firm In Faith
Site Supporter
Sep 15, 2007
North Wales
✟121,233.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Engaged
Oh yes! I have been on placement this summer - learned lots - it seems so odd that I will God willing be preparing for Ordination in June - Does it feel weird? I still can't over the fact that I am so priviledged to be doing this!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Dec 14, 2012
✟15,119.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Looks like it has been a while since this thread has been alive.

I'm nearly ready to enter the formal process of candidacy in the ELCA.

Is there a place the women ordained and soon-to-be have gone to chat? I could really use another chick ear to hear out some questions about balancing family life and ministry.

Upvote 0
P

pastorpatricia

Dear Friends,
Just found this thread, what a blessing, somewhere to talk with other woman in ministry. I was ordained a Deacon in 2011 and ordained a priest in Nov. 2012. I belong to a very conservative diocese of the Anglican Church of Canada and I am priest-in-charge of a church in a small resort community. It’s an interesting congregation in that we are a mixture of denominations. The community has a Roman Catholic church and an Anglican church consequently we have members from many denominations. We all get along and we worship in the Anglican manner. Most of my fellow ministers are men and I long for women to share with and talk about our common problems of being in ministry. I often wonder why the Lord waited until I was 68 to open the doors to ministry for me – I guess I’ll ask Him when I meet Him face to face. In the meantime I’m loving what I’m doing and hope to carry on for a few more years.

Upvote 0