London, UK
Visit site
✟22,960.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hey!
A re-make of the movie, "The Omen" is coming out on the 6/6/06!
What are your views on this movie?
Is it against Christianity?

Here's the film summary...
Robert Thorn is a senior American diplomat whose wife, Katherine, endures a difficult delivery where their newborn child has died. Thorn knows the news will devastate Katherine, who had suffered two previous miscarriages. The hospital priest presents Thorn with another child born that night, whose mother died in childbirth. The priest compels Thorn to take the infant boy as his own; Katherine will never know the truth, and their son, which they name Damien, will be raised as their flesh and blood. As the child turns five, unsettling events begin to occur: Damien's nanny hangs herself at the youngster's birthday party; a strange priest brings dire warnings to Thorn; a children's trip to the zoo results in a panicked frenzy; Damien becomes hysterical during a drive to church; and blurred movements in a series of photographs portend shocking deaths. Enter Mrs. Baylock, Damien's new nanny, who seems to have a preordained devotion to the child. Then tragedy strikes closer to home. But only later does Thorn comprehend the truth: Damien is no ordinary child; he is the long-prophesized Anti-Christ. Now, Thorn must make the ultimate sacrifice to prevent the unspeakable terror that awaits the world.

Sketcher

Born Imperishable
Feb 23, 2004
✟380,259.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
From what I gathered from the trailer, it relies on myth rather than Scripture (when the priest talks about Damien being prophesied in the Bible, I'm like "whaaaa?"). I personally don't see how it would be profitable to watch.

Oh, and 6/6/06 has a zero in there so it doesn't count. :p

Upvote 0

NothingButTheBlood

Feb 27, 2005
✟4,508.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Private
I enjoyed the first three. They were done with a serious overtone, I imagine the person took the story seriously. I don't see why you would need to redo it. I just hope it's done with the same tone. My favorite scean in the first orginial was when the baboons attack the car he's in. In this one looks like a gorilla at the zoo. What made it scary was it was a drive through park and the animals were all over the car. Don't know if the zoo will be as scary.

Upvote 0

_sunshinegirl

*LoveIs* John 15:12
Aug 30, 2004
Georgia
✟23,955.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Woogyman said:
Hey!
A re-make of the movie, "The Omen" is coming out on the 6/6/06!
What are your views on this movie?
Is it against Christianity?

Here's the film summary...
Robert Thorn is a senior American diplomat whose wife, Katherine, endures a difficult delivery where their newborn child has died. Thorn knows the news will devastate Katherine, who had suffered two previous miscarriages. The hospital priest presents Thorn with another child born that night, whose mother died in childbirth. The priest compels Thorn to take the infant boy as his own; Katherine will never know the truth, and their son, which they name Damien, will be raised as their flesh and blood. As the child turns five, unsettling events begin to occur: Damien's nanny hangs herself at the youngster's birthday party; a strange priest brings dire warnings to Thorn; a children's trip to the zoo results in a panicked frenzy; Damien becomes hysterical during a drive to church; and blurred movements in a series of photographs portend shocking deaths. Enter Mrs. Baylock, Damien's new nanny, who seems to have a preordained devotion to the child. Then tragedy strikes closer to home. But only later does Thorn comprehend the truth: Damien is no ordinary child; he is the long-prophesized Anti-Christ. Now, Thorn must make the ultimate sacrifice to prevent the unspeakable terror that awaits the world.
Hardy Har Har

I made a thread on this previously.

I am VERY excited about the movie, and in no way is it AGAINST christianity. The main theme in the movie it the religious symbol 666 .. on the website it even goes into detail the true biblical views on the subject.

I am a HUGE fan of the original movies (either four or five of them | awaking being the last one) ... and A LOT of things are being released on 6-6-6 (Day of Fire for one).

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Ryder

Whatever was the deplorable word
Jan 13, 2003
Michigan
✟23,089.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Could be a neat film, could not, dunno.

As far as being in line or not with Christianity, just from the trailer I have to say it looks like a pretty lame view of the antichrist. If the antichrist is going to win hearts and minds across the planet, I somehow doubt he'll be a creepy antisocial little brat that scares animals and murders nannies. Far more likely he'll be a handsome, charming, and outgoing fellow.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Nautica

Pleasing to Him shall be my theme
Aug 3, 2005
✟15,515.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Is this a continuing story or are they ripping off the first The Omen. Sam Neill was awesome,that's where he started isn't it? I knew him from Jurrasic Park first but watched the old film a few years ago. He's a great actor.I have to go look at the site because I don't even know anything about the cast or who is playing his part. It's just a film people..just a film...

Upvote 0

2LivIsChrist

May 14, 2004
✟9,287.00
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I don't really want to see it. I don't like movies that are focused on evil and that give me the goosebumps in a bad way. The trailer even gave me the goosebumps, and i hate that fealing. I don't like filling my spirit with fear and things that have to do with evil. The people who made this movie though, probally don't even believe in it, because if they did, they would be scarred out of their mind, and would probally would have given their lives to Christ already. Anyways, maybe this movie will be used for good and will help people think. I really don't know. I just know I'm not going to see it.

Upvote 0