Piously skating by.
Feb 4, 2016
Douglas, Man
✟1,022.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Private
I was just having a conversation with fellow Anglicans elsewhere on this forum. I believe that given the sustained attacks on the Christian faith of the Trinity, it is more important than ever that we confess this creed every Sunday eucharist.

Dkh587

Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2014
Southeast
✟552,407.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
How about reading and confessing Scripture?

The creed is man-made.

Every week(depending on the week) there's a different Torah portion, www.torahportions.org that you and others can read from and study

Perhaps you could promote the scriptures instead of doctrines created by Roman sun worshippers

Did Ha'Mashyach teach or say anything about a "trinity"?

For example: did he say anything such as "believe in the trinity for eternal life"
"Your sins are not forgiven unless you believe in the trinity"
"believers of the trinity will inherit the earth"
?

Upvote 0

civilwarbuff

Site Supporter
May 28, 2015
✟614,057.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
How about reading and confessing Scripture?

The creed is man-made.

Every week(depending on the week) there's a different Torah portion, www.torahportions.org that you and others can read from and study

Perhaps you could promote the scriptures instead of doctrines created by Roman sun worshippers

Did Ha'Mashyach teach or say anything about a "trinity"?
Is there something in the Nicene Creed you object to or is incorrect?

Upvote 0

Wgw

Pray For Brussels!
May 24, 2015
✟15,107.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Conservative
I was just having a conversation with fellow Anglicans elsewhere on this forum. I believe that given the sustained attacks on the Christian faith of the Trinity, it is more important than ever that we confess this creed every Sunday eucharist.

I agree enthusiastically on this point. The creed should mark the transition from the Liturgy of the Word / Liturgy of the Catechumens into the Liturgy of the Faithful. It is imperative that the congregation confesses it before the Anaphora, before partaking of the most holy Eucharist.

Upvote 0

Wgw

Pray For Brussels!
May 24, 2015
✟15,107.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Conservative
I reject all of it. How about you?

Then you are regarding several key passages of Scripture. It should be stressed that even Arians would not reject all of it. For example, "I believe in one God."

Reactions: redleghunter
Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
No teachings in the Scriptures about it. Why would I align myself with a teaching that has no scriptural foundation?
So, if I were to say to you that Jesus died on the Cross, you'd be sure, as a matter of conscience, to reject it.

??

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Dkh587

Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2014
Southeast
✟552,407.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
So, if I were to say to you that Jesus died on the Cross, you'd be sure, as a matter of conscience, to reject it.

??
No. I reject the doctrine of "the trinity". I don't reject the scriptures that the fabricators of "the trinity" used & took out of context to formulate their doctrine.

Do you reject the Deity of Christ?
Before I answer this question, I need to know: what do you mean by deity? Can you clarify please?

Upvote 0

JackRT

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2015
small town Ontario, Canada
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
The creeds are an attempt to understand a thoroughly Jewish life lived 300 years earlier using the lens of fourth century Greek thought and philosophy. No wonder there is a disconnect.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
No. I reject the doctrine of "the trinity". I don't reject the scriptures that the fabricators of "the trinity" used & took out of context to formulate their doctrine.
I suppose you feel that because you reject the Trinity you need to reject the whole of the Creed, then, although many other matters that are Biblical and believed by Christians generally are referred to in it.

That, however, isn't what you wrote before. Then you said that you reject "all of it."

Upvote 0

Sophrosyne

Let Your Light Shine.. Matt 5:16
Jun 21, 2007
In God's Amazing Grace
✟903,022.00
Faith
Christian

Before I answer this question, I need to know: what do you mean by deity? Can you clarify please?
Is Jesus God or not?

Reactions: Simon Crosby
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Job8

Dec 1, 2014
✟21,583.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Is this statement a dodge or a display of ignorance. DEITY = GOD. The Bible reveals very clearly that Jesus is God. Do you believe it? If not, who is He? Had you said He is God the Son, but not God the Father, that would have been OK.

Reactions: Wgw
Upvote 0

Simon Crosby

Piously skating by.
Feb 4, 2016
Douglas, Man
✟1,022.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Private
The creeds are an attempt to understand a thoroughly Jewish life lived 300 years earlier using the lens of fourth century Greek thought and philosophy. No wonder there is a disconnect.

No, they are a consolidated statement of Biblical doctrine, a summary of Christian belief in response to a non-Biblical heresy.

Upvote 0