I am a bad person.
Jan 30, 2010
La la land.
✟14,001.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
...After careful and unappetizing consideration, I'm going to go with pus also.

Puuuuhhhhhhssssssssss.

And here I thought you'd go with "Federalism", "Statism" or "Income Tax" :)

Considering that I'm going to be preparing my business's taxes in a short time, I think the most disgusting sounding word is "TAXATION" - it means so much more than lost income.

Upvote 0

NoodlesNoodlesNoodles

I am a bad person.
Jan 30, 2010
La la land.
✟14,001.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Okay, seriously, there's a word that I don't like the sound of - or maybe it's that I don't like the thought of it. I can't tell. It's not inherently disgusting, but it just conjures up uncomfortable things: "Catheter"

It has such bad connotations, that I think it has marred the sound of the word. Even typing about it right now is making me squirm in my seat. Especially for guys, it seems that a catheter can spell an especial kind of uncomfortable doom.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Qyöt27

AMV Editor At Large
Apr 2, 2004
St. Petersburg, Florida
✟81,859.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Okay, seriously, there's a word that I don't like the sound of - or maybe it's that I don't like the thought of it. I can't tell. It's not inherently disgusting, but it just conjures up uncomfortable things: "Catheter"

It has such bad connotations, that I think it has marred the sound of the word. Even typing about it right now is making me squirm in my seat. Especially for guys, it seems that a catheter can spell an especial kind of uncomfortable doom.
Even worse were/are those commercials for Medical Direct about how "now you no longer have to re-use old catheters." Those things used to get shown almost every hour around here for a month or so, although they seem to have dropped way off lately.

For me, I honestly am not sure. I think "squamous" is a pretty high contender, though.

Upvote 0

MacFall

Agorist
Nov 24, 2007
Western Pennsylvania, USA
✟25,688.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
And here I thought you'd go with "Federalism", "Statism" or "Income Tax" :)

Well, not if it's about the sound of the word itself being inherently disgusting. I like the sounds of "bourgeoisie" and "proletariat" too, even though I despise Marxism.

It seems to me that the worst ones are sort of onomatopoeia - their sound resembles the words meaning. Like:

- Sputum.
- Colonoscopy. Just sounds like cold metal sliding against sensitive flesh.
- Horf, yack, ralph, and other synonyms for vomit.

But "pus" would sound awful even if it meant rainbow.

Upvote 0