Jun 23, 2014
✟177,259.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Private
First I noticed south America moved
Moved relative to what?
(You must have had an initial experience/perception, with which you could compare all subsequent experiences/perceptions?)
A decade later I noticed many examples of the effect

I’m not in denial, that’s all
Well if you used the same initial experience/perception, as the basis for comparing/assessing all future changes, there would be no need at all to be 'in denial' of anything(?)

Upvote 0

SelfSim

A non "-ist"
Jun 23, 2014
✟177,259.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Private
Each memory… A memory
With the original memory being based on a belief! . That's the real 'basis of your Mandela Effect'!
Memory is a fundamental functional property of the human mind. We tend to intuitively base our identity on past beliefs.
Science's verifying test results, however, allows us to choose to break free from that loop and have some choice in that matter.

Upvote 0

SelfSim

A non "-ist"
Jun 23, 2014
✟177,259.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Private
Tell yourself that … if you must
I don't have to tell myself that .. I can test that.

Where, by 'a belief' I mean:
'Any notion held as being true out of preference, that does not follow from objective tests, and is not beholden to the rules of logic'.

By applying that testable definition, then using the rules of logic, any proposition can be demonstrated as being either a belief, (consistent with that definition), or a testable hypothesis.

Upvote 0

SelfSim

A non "-ist"
Jun 23, 2014
✟177,259.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Private
Sure it is .. and its cause is a deeply ingrained initial belief .. as is evidenced by a contradiction produced via objective testing in the present, such as New Zealand having been located where it currently is, and has been for all of humans' existence as a Hominid species.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SelfSim

A non "-ist"
Jun 23, 2014
✟177,259.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Private
Now I walk away…
So long... and thanks for all the fish! :wave:

Screen Shot 2023-01-20 at 6.13.31 pm.png

Reactions: JohnEmmett
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.