Dec 25, 2004
Boise, Idaho
Visit site
✟10,009.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
The measure of a man is how much he prays. It is not that he tells everyone how much he prays, but that as he truly prays, his life will change. He will be changed from glory to glory as he spends quality time with his Beloved.

Someone once said that “prayer without faith is just a lot of words.” I think of it like this:

If we are in a room together and you are across the room from me, and I say something to you, you would have more difficulty hearing me than if I was sitting or standing right next to you.

The same is true with our prayer life – our relationship with God. If we merely speak words into the atmosphere without first being close to Him, we are then not really sure that He hears us. If we instead are sure that we are connected to Him, and then pray, we will be heard.

How do we connect? Through repentance. As we talk to God about our sins and ask for His help and power to overcome them, He will give that to us.

Once true repentance has come, we are then ready to pray for other things.

Ann Doupont
October 13, 2006

CCe

Veteran
Oct 7, 2005
✟17,991.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
The measure of a man is how much he prays. It is not that he tells everyone how much he prays, but that as he truly prays, his life will change. He will be changed from glory to glory as he spends quality time with his Beloved.

Someone once said that “prayer without faith is just a lot of words.” I think of it like this:

If we are in a room together and you are across the room from me, and I say something to you, you would have more difficulty hearing me than if I was sitting or standing right next to you.

The same is true with our prayer life – our relationship with God. If we merely speak words into the atmosphere without first being close to Him, we are then not really sure that He hears us. If we instead are sure that we are connected to Him, and then pray, we will be heard.

How do we connect? Through repentance. As we talk to God about our sins and ask for His help and power to overcome them, He will give that to us.

Once true repentance has come, we are then ready to pray for other things.

Ann Doupont
October 13, 2006
This is so true. Thanks for the reminder.

Upvote 0