Jan 8, 2011
Near the flying spaghetti monster
✟57,848.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Present it and see.
EllenWhite 827:431 OEWET Behold, I say unto you that Saturday is the seventh day, Saturday is the Sabbath, Saturday is the Lord's day so be ye not afraid of them that gainsay this word for this is the sure word of prophecy.

;)

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟928,078.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Wouldn't everyone but the couple of Adventists on here put "Sunday"?

Possibly - but I have seen some Messianic Jews and ... also post on that point. So it is not just the 20 million or so Adventists.

in Christ,

Bob

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟928,078.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Is there a direct reference I missed stating that Saturday is the Lord's day? I'm really interested in such a verse.

For those who believe that sunday is the first - day of the week and the day that Christ raised from the dead?? you bet!

"The Son of Man is LORD of the Sabbath" Mark 2:28.

"The Sabbath of the LORD thy God" Ex 20:8-11

"The Sabbath... the Holy day of the LORD" Isaiah 58:14

This is the only sola-scriptura choice for "The Lord's Day". No "week-day8-1 is the Holy Day of the LORD" in the Bible.

in Christ,

Bob

Last edited:
Upvote 0
F

from scratch

For those who believe that sunday is the first - day of the week and the day that Christ raised from the dead?? you bet!

"The Son of Man is LORD of the Sabbath" Mark 2:28.

"The Sabbath of the LORD thy God" Ex 20:8-11

"The Sabbath... the Holy day of the LORD" Isaiah 58:14

This is the only sola-scrsiptura choice for "The Lord's Day". No "week-day8-1 is the Holy Day of the LORD" in the Bible.

in Christ,

Bob
What day of the week have you been observing a Sabbath? bet its Saturday. For the last month the Sabbath of the LORD thy God was Wednesday on our calendar. Now do you want to talk about the Sabbath if the Lord thy God?

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟928,078.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
What day of the week have you been observing a Sabbath? bet its Saturday. For the last month the Sabbath of the LORD thy God was Wednesday on our calendar. Now do you want to talk about the Sabbath if the Lord thy God?

Sounds like your calendar is confused when it comes to the 7th day Sabbath of the 4th commandment.

But for anyone else confused about whether Sunday is week-day-1 the day on which Christ was resurrected - I am not going to spend time helping you out of that confusion on this thread.

However I will say that we can all be glad that the pro-Sunday sources listed below in the signature line do not share the confusion of some people's one-off calendars about the first day of the week, which day it is, and which day the 7th day of the week would be

details matter.

in Christ,

Bob

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟928,078.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
EllenWhite 827:431 OEWET Behold, I say unto you that Saturday is the seventh day, Saturday is the Sabbath, Saturday is the Lord's day so be ye not afraid of them that gainsay this word for this is the sure word of prophecy.

;)

Why not add something we can find in actual print compared to your fake quote?

The Faith Explained (an RC commentary on the Baltimore catechism post Vatican ii) states on Page 242 that

changing the Lord's day to Sunday was in the power of the church since "in the gospels ..Jesus confers upon his church the power to make laws in his name".

page 243

"nothing is said in the bible about the change of the Lord's day From Saturday to Sunday. We know of the change only from the tradition of the Church - a fact handed down to us...that is why we find so illogical the attitude of many Non-Catholics, who say that they will believe nothing unless they can find it in the bible and Yet will continue to keep Sunday as the Lord's day on the say-so of the Catholic church"
. (from "The Faith Explained" page 243.))

"we know that in the o.t it was the seventh day of the week - the Sabbath day- which was observed as the Lord's day. that was the law as God gave it...'remember to keep holy the Sabbath day.. the early Christian church determined as the Lord's day the first day of the week. That the church had the right to make such a law is evident...

Upvote 0
F

from scratch

Sounds like your calendar is confused when it comes to the 7th day Sabbath of the 4th commandment.

But for anyone else confused about whether Sunday is week-day-1 the day on which Christ was resurrected - I am not going to spend time helping you out of that confusion on this thread.

However I will say that we can all be glad that the pro-Sunday sources listed below in the signature line do not share the confusion of some people's one-off calendars about the first day of the week, which day it is, and which day the 7th day of the week would be

details matter.

in Christ,

Bob
Unlike the Sabbath of the LORD they God, the Christian day of worship isn't an obligation. See Romans and Colossians. We're free to chose a day while those obligated to the law weren't.

You did say something about details being important.

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟928,078.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Unlike the Sabbath of the LORD they God, the Christian day of worship isn't an obligation.

until you read Hebrews 4 "The REMAINS therefore a Sabbath rest for the people of God"

until you read 1Cor 7:19 "what matters is KEEPING the Commandments of God"

Until you read 1John 5:1-4 regarding the "Commandments of God".

until you read the various statements by even pro-Sunday sources listed below in the signature line - regarding the continued authority of all TEN commandments for the saints today.

As of course we both already knew by now as it has been posted on other threads a few dozen times with you. (In fact you probably have this answer saved off by now - I should just let you post for me...)

in Christ,

Bob

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SavedByGraceThruFaith

Aug 24, 2013
✟15,104.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
until you read Hebrews 4 "The REMAINS therefore a Sabbath rest for the people of God"

until you read the various statements by even pro-Sunday sources listed below in the signature line - regarding the continued authority of all TEN commandments for the saints today.

As of course we both already knew by now as it has been posted on other threads a few dozen times with you. (In fact you probably have this answer saved off by now - I should just let you post for me...)

in Christ,

Bob

Paul, the apostle of the Gentiles wrote:

Colossians 2:16-17
16 Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days:

17 Which are a shadow of things to come; but the body is of Christ.

Upvote 0
F

from scratch

details matter.

in Christ,

Bob
Oh. Please excuse my ignorance. I didn't know God was using the Gregorian calendar.

Upvote 0

MoreCoffee

Repentance works.
Jan 8, 2011
Near the flying spaghetti monster
✟57,848.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private

;)

Looks like a well known Bible verse to me. I wondered where they got their idea from. ;)
It's an invented verse like all the other 'revelations' received by Ms White.
Why not add something we can find in actual print compared to your fake quote?
Why? Well, it's like this, Ellen White invented a lot of "revelations" from God so I figured I could add one more to her collection and it wouldn't be any less "inspired" that hers.

Upvote 0
F

from scratch

in Christ,

Bob
Yeah I read all the above. I also read Jer 31:31-33, LK 24:44John 1:17; 15:10 and following, Rom 6:14, 15; 7:6; 10:4, Gal 3:17-19; 4:30; 5:4; 18, Col 2:16 and Eph 2:8-10, Phil 3:9 and Heb 7:12; 8:6-13.

Upvote 0
F

from scratch

It's an invented verse like all the other 'revelations' received by Ms White.

Why? Well, it's like this, Ellen White invented a lot of "revelations" from God so I figured I could add one more to her collection and it wouldn't be any less "inspired" that hers.
:thumbsup: and runs for the hills. Ah rats I'm already in the hills.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟928,078.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Yeah I read all the above. I also read Jer 31:31-33, LK 24:44John 1:17; 15:10 and following, Rom 6:14, 15; 7:6; 10:4, Gal 3:17-19; 4:30; 5:4; 18, Col 2:16 and Eph 2:8-10, Phil 3:9 and Heb 7:12; 8:6-13.

You read Romans 6?

[FONT=&quot]Romans 6:12[/FONT]
1 What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound?
2 God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein?

6 Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.
7 For he that is dead is freed from sin.

11 Likewise reckon ye also yourselves to be dead indeed unto sin, but alive unto God through Jesus Christ our Lord.
12 Let not sin therefore reign in your mortal body, that ye should obey it in the lusts thereof.
13 Neither yield ye your members as instruments of unrighteousness unto sin: but yield yourselves unto God, as those that are alive from the dead, and your members as instruments of righteousness unto God.
14 For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace.
15 What then? shall we sin, because we are not under the law, but under grace? God forbid.
16 Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness?

If you belong to a church that promotes the idea of always having to sin - ask youself when the last time was that you heard a sermon covering this part of Romans 6 is detail?

never?

in Christ,

Bob

Upvote 0

Lysimachus

Vindicating our Historic Biblical Foundations
Dec 21, 2010
✟9,605.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Private
The 7-day weekly cycle has nothing to do with the Gregorian Calendar, the Julian Calendar, or the Jewish Calendar.

The 7th day Sabbath is independent of all those calendars. The Gregorian and Julian Calendars happen to "COINCIDE" with calling the Sabbath "Saturday", but they name all the other days a pagan name as well.

Interestingly, the Sabbath was the Sabbath long before the pagans attached "Saturday" to it.

Sunday keeping came as a result AFTER Sunday was dedicated to the sun god.

The 7-day cycle is not tied to any calendar whatsoever. The most scholarly advanced sources prove Saturday to be the true day the Sabbath has always been.

The Lunar Sabbath is no more a fairy tale than the Loony Tunes.

Upvote 0

Lysimachus

Vindicating our Historic Biblical Foundations
Dec 21, 2010
✟9,605.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Private
Adventists have these topics well under control and streamlined by now.

Not much is left unturned. Old outdated arguments will continue to be regurgitated, and they will continue to have to be put to sleep. I guess that will happen until Jesus comes.

Upvote 0