United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Psalms 118:5-7 ESV

“Out of my distress I called on the Lord;
the Lord answered me and set me free.
The Lord is on my side; I will not fear.
What can man do to me?
The Lord is on my side as my helper;
I shall look in triumph on those who hate me.”

Jesus said that since he called us out of the world that the world will hate us. Now, to some people that word “hate” is a very strong word and so they may object to its use. So, I looked it up one day and I learned that the word has a wide range of meaning all the way from “love less” to “murder.”

“Hate” can mean to revile, to persecute, to speak evil against, to accuse falsely, to deliver up to the courts on false pretenses, to physically abuse, to deliver over to death, to betray, to malign, to deliver up to tribulation, to put to death, to exclude, to spurn your name as evil, to imprison, to be betrayed even by family members to the death, to detest, to denounce, to censure, to vilify, to discard, to reject, to oppress, to hound, and to torment, etc.

[Matt. 5:10-12; Matt. 10:16-25; Matt. 24:9-14; Lu. 6:22-23; Lu. 21:12-17; Jn. 15:18-21]

And if we are following Jesus Christ with our lives, and if we are dying with him to sin and living to him and to his righteousness, and if we are walking in obedience to his commands, and if we are sharing the gospel of our salvation with others, we should be experiencing some or all of these types of hate mentioned here from others, some of whom could be fellow Christians (or professing Christians) and/or our immediate family members.

Now, the Lord does not always deliver us from such hate for he promised us that we would be treated thus if we are his true followers. But he will deliver us from the fear and from the impact and the influence of such treatment against us so that we do not lose heart, and so that we don’t get discouraged and give up and run away. He will help us to remain steadfast and to keep on doing the will of God and to keep loving all people.

Psalms 118:8-9 ESV

“It is better to take refuge in the Lord
than to trust in man.
It is better to take refuge in the Lord
than to trust in princes.”

Amen! As humans we are subject to failure and to disappointing others. Many humans these days are deliberately and habitually sinning against others, even those they profess to love, or who they are supposed to love and to protect. Many are liars, cheats, misfits, abusers, users, manipulators, adulterers, con artists, and actors playing a role they are not living.

Many are professing one thing while they are living the opposite. Many are wolves in sheep’s clothing, mere charlatans out to deceive and to destroy. Some of them are pastors and elders of church congregations. Many are politicians supposedly serving the people but who are serving themselves, instead. Many are in the media industry out to deceive the masses.

It appears that not many people these days are truth tellers. I am certain there are still people in this world who tell the truth, but we seem to be in the minority. Even many pastors today are being trained to lie, to manipulate, to scheme, to trick, and to take advantage of others in order to achieve their goals for building their earthly kingdoms.

So, this is why the Scriptures warn us all the time against putting our trust in other humans. And it is why we are warned to look out for those who are wolves in sheep’s clothing, and why we are instructed that we must test the spirits to see if they are of God or not. For not many people tell the truth these days, and many false teachings abound.

Psalms 118:10-13 ESV

“All nations surrounded me;
in the name of the Lord I cut them off!
They surrounded me, surrounded me on every side;
They surrounded me like bees;
they went out like a fire among thorns;
I was pushed hard, so that I was falling,
but the Lord helped me.”

We will have individuals or groups of people as our enemies, but we will also have nations as our enemies, even our own nations, from the level of government and administration. For, in case you haven’t been paying attention, Revelation 13 is being fulfilled before our very eyes in our day and time. The beast is rising and he/it/they is/are taking over the world.

Nation after nation is being taken down by this beastly New World Order to where we are now being brought into a one world totalitarian regime one step and one day and one incident at a time. More and more our freedoms are being taken from us and our privacy is non-existent. “They” are listening to us everywhere, especially if we are connected to computers and to the internet, which I must be to do what I do each day.

There is no going back to the way things were, I don’t believe. We are now in route to this rule of this beast as more and more they gain even more control over our lives and our decisions. It is a different world now. So, we need to be aware so that we are not taken by surprise and end up following after the beast and rejecting the Lord.

Put your hope and trust fully in God and in his word and don’t believe everything you hear coming out of the mouths of government leaders or the news media or pastors or medical professionals. Just think end times and the book of Revelation and realize that not everything is as it appears, for there is much deception going on. So test everything!!

Psalms 118:14-16 ESV

“The Lord is my strength and my song;
he has become my salvation.
Glad songs of salvation
are in the tents of the righteous:
‘The right hand of the Lord does valiantly,
the right hand of the Lord exalts,
the right hand of the Lord does valiantly!’”

Bottom line: The Lord is our strength and our song. He alone is our salvation. Please do not put your hope in any human to save you from anything!! And our salvation is not just deliverance from hell and the promise of heaven when we die. Jesus died to deliver us from our bondage (addiction, slavery) to sin so we would now be slaves of God and of his righteousness.

So, if you have not done so, surrender your lives to Jesus Christ today. Die with him to sin that you might live to his righteousness. Forsake your lives of living for sin and self and now follow the Lord Jesus in obedience to his commands, by his grace, through God-given faith in Jesus Christ. And walk (in conduct, in practice) no longer according to the flesh but according to the Spirit.

For, if you walk according to the flesh, you will die in your sins. You will not inherit eternal life with God no matter what you say you believe or that you have confessed with your mouth. For, Jesus said that if we are going to come after him we must deny self and die daily with him to sin and walk in obedience to his commands and we will have life in him.

[Lu 9:23-26; Jn 6:35-58; Jn 15:1-11; Rom 6:1-23; Rom 8:1-17; Eph 4:17-24; 1 Pet 2:24; 1 Co 6:9-10, 19-20; 2 Co 5:10, 15; Tit 2:11-14; Jas 1:22-25; Gal 5:16-21; Eph 5:3-6; Gal 6:7-8; Rom 2:6-8; Matt 7:21-23; Heb 10:26-27; 1 Jn 1:5-9; 1 Jn 2:3-6; 1 Jn 3:4-10; Rom 12:1-2; Eph 2:8-10]

For Those Tears I Died

Words and Music by Marsha J. and Russ Stevens

You said You'd come and share all my sorrows
You said You'd be there for all my tomorrows
I came so close to sending You away
But just like You promised, You came here to stay
I just had to pray

Your goodness so great, I can't understand
And dear Lord I know that all this was planned
I know You're here now and always will be
Your love loosed my chains, and in You I'm free
But Jesus why me?