The lie of eternal security refuted once and for all.

FreeGrace2

Senior Veteran
Nov 15, 2012
USA
✟184,557.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Take it up with Jesus. The words are clear. I prefer the words of scripture to your words.
My words are what Jesus was pointing out. That crowd in Matt 7:21-23 were basing their entrance into the kingdom on their WORKS, not faith. In faith was not even mentioned. Which is the reason Jesus said what He said.

This should be a warning to all who think they are getting to heaven based on their works.

Upvote 0

Thursday

Jan 12, 2016
Texas
✟49,429.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
My words are what Jesus was pointing out. That crowd in Matt 7:21-23 were basing their entrance into the kingdom on their WORKS, not faith. In faith was not even mentioned. Which is the reason Jesus said what He said.

This should be a warning to all who think they are getting to heaven based on their works.

This is a warning against works?

Matt 7:21
"Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven.

Here's another warning:

Jamesa 2:24
You see that a person is justified by works and not by faith alone.

And another:
Romans 2
6God “will repay each person according to what they have done.”7To those who by persistence in doing good seek glory, honor and immortality, he will give eternal life.

Upvote 0

FreeGrace2

Senior Veteran
Nov 15, 2012
USA
✟184,557.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
"Matt 7:21
Not everyone who says to Me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only he who does the will of My Father in heaven.
The key here isn't what they did, but what they didn't do; believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, or they would have been saved.

They found out the HARD WAY that works won't get anyone into God's kingdom."

And of course, more ignorance of the context of Matthew 5-7.

Just look at chapter 7 itself:

Mat 7:1 Do not judge, that you may not be judged;
Mat 7:2 for with whatever judgment you judge, you will be judged; and with whatever measure you measure, it will be measured again to you.
Mat 7:3 But why do you look on the twig that is in the eye of your brother, but do not see the log in your eye?
Mat 7:4 Or how will you say to your brother, Allow me to cast out the twig from your eye; and behold, the log is in your eye!
Mat 7:5 Hypocrite, first cast the log out of your eye, and then you will see clearly to cast the twig out of the eye of your brother.
Mat 7:6 Do not give that which is holy to the dogs, nor throw your pearls before the pigs, that they should not trample them with their feet, and turning they charge you.
Mat 7:7 Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you.
Mat 7:8 For each one that asks receives, and the one that seeks finds; and to the one knocking, it will be opened.
Mat 7:9 Or what man of you is there, if his son should ask a loaf of him, will he give him a stone?
Mat 7:10 And if he should ask a fish, will he give him a snake?
Mat 7:11 Therefore, if you, being evil, know to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in Heaven give good things to those that ask Him?
Mat 7:12 Therefore, all things, whatever you desire that men should do to you, so also you should do to them; for this is the Law and the Prophets.
Mat 7:13 Go in through the narrow gate; for wide is the gate and broad is the way that leads to destruction, and many are the ones entering in through it.
Mat 7:14 For narrow is the gate, and constricted is the way that leads away into life, and few are the ones finding it.

Mat 7:15 But beware of the false prophets who come to you in sheep's clothing, but inside they are plundering wolves.
Mat 7:16 From their fruits you shall know them. Do they gather grapes from thorns, or figs from thistles?
Mat 7:17 So every good tree produces good fruits, but the corrupt tree produces evil fruits.
Mat 7:18 A good tree cannot produce evil fruits, nor a corrupt tree produce good fruits.
Mat 7:19 Every tree not producing good fruit is cut down and is thrown into fire.

Mat 7:20 Then surely from their fruits you shall know them.
Mat 7:21 Not everyone who says to Me, Lord, Lord, will enter into the kingdom of Heaven, but the ones who do the will of My Father in Heaven.
Mat 7:22 Many will say to Me in that day, Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in Your name, and in Your name cast out demons, and in Your name do many works of power?
Mat 7:23 And then I will declare to them, I never knew you; "depart from Me, those working lawlessness!" Psa. 6:8
Mat 7:24 Then everyone who hears these Words [all his commandments like the ones here in this whole Sermon on the Mount] from Me, and does them, I will compare him to a wise man who built his house on the rock;
Mat 7:25 and the rain came down, and the floods came up, and the winds blew, and fell against that house; but it did not fall, for it had been founded on the rock.
Mat 7:26 And everyone who hears these Words of Mine, and who does not do them, he shall be compared to a foolish man who built his house on the sand;
Mat 7:27 and the rain came down, and the floods came up, and the winds blew and beat against that house; and it fell, and great was the collapse of it.
Mat 7:28 And it happened, when Jesus had finished these words, the crowds were astonished at His doctrine.
Mat 7:29 For He was teaching them as having authority, and not as the scribes.
Great! You copied and pasted an entire chapter. What have you proven, beyond only that?

Matt 7:20 is in context and reference to 7:15, where the subject is false prophets.

So, v.21-23 is an example of those who think they will get into the kingdom based on their works, or what they DO, rather than on what they have BELIEVED. They weren't saved.

Why? Paul tells us: Eph 2:8,9 -
8 For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God;
9 not as a result of works, so that no one may boast.

There it is: plain as day. We are saved by grace through faith. Not of ourselves, and not as a result of works. By grace through faith.

Those who think they are saved by their works are what Jesus called "workers of INIQUITY". Shame on them. They failed to trust in the perfect WORK of Christ on the Cross for them.

If one thinks they will be saved because of what they DO, they will end up in hell. For rejecting God's grace and the free gift of eternal life that is received by believing in Christ.

Upvote 0

True Science

Oct 19, 2015
✟1,301.00
Faith
Nazarene
Marital Status
Married

:doh:

Upvote 0

Thursday

Jan 12, 2016
Texas
✟49,429.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
If one thinks they will be saved because of what they DO, they will end up in hell. For rejecting God's grace and the free gift of eternal life that is received by believing in Christ.

We are saved by grace through faith and works. Grace is a free gift, but we must cooperate with this gift in order to be saved.

You need to keep reading in Ephesians:

Eph 5
5For of this you can be sure: No immoral, impure or greedy person—such a person is an idolater—has any inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and of God.

Upvote 0

True Science

Oct 19, 2015
✟1,301.00
Faith
Nazarene
Marital Status
Married
Great! You copied and pasted an entire chapter. What have you proven, beyond only that?

Matt 7:20 is in context and reference to 7:15, where the subject is false prophets.

So, v.21-23 is an example of those who think they will get into the kingdom based on their works, or what they DO, rather than on what they have BELIEVED. They weren't saved.

Why? Paul tells us: Eph 2:8,9 -
8 For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God;
9 not as a result of works, so that no one may boast.

There it is: plain as day. We are saved by grace through faith. Not of ourselves, and not as a result of works. By grace through faith.

Those who think they are saved by their works are what Jesus called "workers of INIQUITY". Shame on them. They failed to trust in the perfect WORK of Christ on the Cross for them.

:yawn:

Upvote 0

FreeGrace2

Senior Veteran
Nov 15, 2012
USA
✟184,557.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
This is a warning against works?
As plain as day. What were that crowd basing getting into the kingdom on? Their works.

Matt 7:21
"Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven.

Here's another warning:

Jamesa 2:24
You see that a person is justified by works and not by faith alone.
This verse is in the same context as 2:18. And the point of v.18 is that unless one DEMONSTRATES their faith to others, others cannot see their faith. So the perspective in 2:24 isn't God's, who justifies. He sees the heart. The perspective in 2:24 is from man's perspective, who will NOT justify the one who claims to be a believer but shows no deeds to demonstrate said faith. Such a one is a big hypocrite.

And another:
Romans 2
6God “will repay each person according to what they have done.”7To those who by persistence in doing good seek glory, honor and immortality, he will give eternal life.
Let's deal with context, shall we? v.1 begins with addressing moralists (you who pass judgment on others). These people think they are better than others, which is why they pass judgment on others, as if they are better than others. Then Paul makes the point that they are NO LESS guilty than those they pass judgment on.

His point in 2:6 is that one must "persist in doing good" in order to receive eternal life. But he refutes that notion in 3:10 with "no one righteous, not even one". Therefore, no one does persist in doing good.

Then Paul states quite plainly in 3:20 - "therefore no one will be declared righteous in His sight by observing the law". Why not? Because no one is righteous. No one can keep the whole law. If one is guilty in only one point, they are guilty of all of it. James 2:10

If one wants to know how one is declared righteous, just keep reading after 3:20 and all the way through ch 4. It is through faith in Christ. Not by keeping the law, or by good deeds.

So you see: none of the verses you've shared supports your view.

Upvote 0

True Science

Oct 19, 2015
✟1,301.00
Faith
Nazarene
Marital Status
Married
We are saved by grace through faith and works. Grace is a free gift, but we must cooperate with this gift in order to be saved.

Eph 5
5For of this you can be sure: No immoral, impure or greedy person—such a person is an idolater—has any inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and of God.

They'll just say that, in a way no believer, even practicing these, is actually these though because of "Imputed Righteousness of Christ." O yes, the mythical "Imputed Righteousness of Christ." "He doesn't see you and your filthy rags, he sees Jeeesus and his perfect obedience when he looks at you!" (wiping the sweat off of his face after parroting his "great swelling words of emptiness")

"I KNOW YOUR WORKS!"--Jesus in Revelation 2-3

Reactions: Thursday
Upvote 0

FreeGrace2

Senior Veteran
Nov 15, 2012
USA
✟184,557.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
We are saved by grace through faith and works.
I recommend that you read Eph 2:8,9 AGAIN. You've completely missed the point.

Grace is a free gift, but we must cooperate with this gift in order to be saved.
Wrong. Salvation is the free gift. Or eternal life (Rom 6:23). Not grace. In fact, there aren't any verses that describe grace as a gift.

Eph 5
The verse clearly DOES NOT SAY that such a one will not enter the kingdom. It DOES SAY that such a one will have no inheritance IN THE KINGDOM.

Do you see the difference?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Thursday

Jan 12, 2016
Texas
✟49,429.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
The verse clearly DOES NOT SAY that such a one will not enter the kingdom. It DOES SAY that such a one will have no inheritance IN THE KINGDOM.

Do you see the difference?

That's funny.

I guess this means the same thing?

1 Cor 6:9
9Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived; neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor homosexuals,10nor thieves, nor the covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers, will inherit the kingdom of God.

And this:

Gal 6
7Do not be deceived: God cannot be mocked. A man reaps what he sows. 8Whoever sows to please their flesh, from the flesh will reap destruction; whoever sows to please the Spirit, from the Spirit will reap eternal life. 9Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up.

Upvote 0

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,485.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
This is part of the covenant of Christ:

10If you keep my commands, you will remain in my love, just as I have kept my Father’s commands and remain in his love.
That is part of the Bible. Not the covenant. The covenant is salvation.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,485.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
They'll just say that, in a way no believer, even practicing these, is actually these though because of "Imputed Righteousness of Christ." O yes, the mythical "Imputed Righteousness of Christ." "He doesn't see you and your filthy rags, he sees Jeeesus and his perfect obedience when he looks at you!" (wiping the sweat off of his face after parroting his "great swelling words of emptiness")

"I KNOW YOUR WORKS!"--Jesus in Revelation 2-3
Woah.

You just called the imputed righteousness of Christ mythical? That is justification.

I do not believe that you can say that here because it is against the Nicene Creed.

I am asking you to edit that blasphemy because you cannot post that here.

And Thursday I wonder about you , liking that post. Hmmm. Telling

Upvote 0

True Science

Oct 19, 2015
✟1,301.00
Faith
Nazarene
Marital Status
Married
Woah.

You just called the imputed righteousness of Christ mythical? That is justification.

I do not believe that you can say that here because it is against the Nicene Creed.

I am asking you to edit that blasphemy because you cannot post that here.

LOL, you think 'Imputed Righteousness of Christ' is in the Nicene Creed? O, I'll tell you something, at that time that doctrine didn't even exist. No one knew about it.

Upvote 0

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,485.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
LOL, you think 'Imputed Righteousness of Christ' is in the Nicene Creed? O, I'll tell you something, at that time that doctrine didn't even exist. No one knew about it.
No. I think that us being justified by Christ is in the Nicene Creed. Maybe you just haven't gotten that far in your knowledge base.

Upvote 0

Steeno7

Not I...but Christ
Jan 22, 2014
ONUG
✟22,549.00
Faith
Christian

Ummmmmmm, NO.

Ephesians 2:8-9

"For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God; not as a result of works, so that no one may boast."

Reactions: nobdysfool
Upvote 0