Wayfarer
Jan 14, 2014
NYC
✟8,135.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
i believe spirits are subject to time and also occupy space, just not three dimensional. I also think their habitation is regional but obviously not by any physical measure; there are no coordinates neither can you visit. But suffice it to say, it is a place.

Reactions: psalms 91
Upvote 0

Jeo7

Apr 5, 2014
✟725.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
i believe spirits are subject to time and also occupy space, just not three dimensional. I also think their habitation is regional but obviously not by any physical measure; there are no coordinates neither can you visit. But suffice it to say, it is a place.

It is a place, it is within you.

Upvote 0

Jeo7

Apr 5, 2014
✟725.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Are you saying that there is no heaven or afterlife, that this life is all there is and you should make the most of it that you can?

I'm saying that you and I are eternal beings. God created eternity in our hearts, and you can find and be in heaven now, KNOW THE WAY to where you're going. Do you know where you're going after death? You will say heaven, but ok, have you been there?

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
what part of heaven do you want ? righteousness , peace, joy ?
righteousness is in heaven.
God's set apart people on earth are righteous and eagerly looking for Jesus' return!
(if you're not righteous now, you won't make it then. nothing unclean or perverted is allowed in heaven.)
peace is in heaven.
God's set apart people on earth have peace that passes understanding, and the world cannot comprehend it at all.
joy is in heaven.
God's set apart people on earth have joy unspeakable(beyond imagination!) and full of glory(to God), and no one on earth can take that joy away.

(the joy, peace, and righteousness is rare on earth, because God's people are rare on earth. when you see His people, if you are seeking Him, you will know them and be drawn to them and to Him). when you see them, you will see Him too.

Upvote 0

BryanW92

Hey look, it's a squirrel!
May 11, 2012
NE Florida
✟15,351.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I'm saying that you and I are eternal beings. God created eternity in our hearts, and you can find and be in heaven now, KNOW THE WAY to where you're going. Do you know where you're going after death? You will say heaven, but ok, have you been there?

That doesn't answer the question. If we are "eternal beings" and have no place to go after corporeal death, then are we trapped in our dead bodies eternally?

Your unorthodox theology is now branching out into Buddhism too.

Upvote 0

Jeo7

Apr 5, 2014
✟725.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
That doesn't answer the question. If we are "eternal beings" and have no place to go after corporeal death, then are we trapped in our dead bodies eternally?

Your unorthodox theology is now branching out into Buddhism too.

Dood im just quoting the bible lol
The I'AM Jesus spoke about is eternal, and it's in all of us. There's no theology when you live the Word.

Upvote 0

tremble

^.^/
Feb 15, 2014
✟16,927.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
The Kingdom of God is at hand, because is up to the individual to understand it and find it. The Kingdom of God is HERE people.

I think this comment probably comes closest to my own understanding. Here are the verses in question, for context:

LK 17:20 And when he was demanded of the Pharisees, when the kingdom of God should come, he answered them and said, The kingdom of God cometh not with observation:

LK 17:21 Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you.

It looks like Jesus is addressing our tendency to say, "The Kingdom of Heaven is at hand, and it's my group". The KoH isn't about groups, but rather, about what's inside the individual.

Only God knows the complete membership.

Upvote 0

Jeo7

Apr 5, 2014
✟725.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
I think this comment probably comes closest to my own understanding. Here are the verses in question, for context:

It looks like Jesus is addressing our tendency to say, "The Kingdom of Heaven is at hand, and it's my group". The KoH isn't about groups, but rather, about what's inside the individual.

Only God knows the complete membership.

Why did Jesus say, "Pray like this........your KINGDOM come, your will be done, on earth as it is in heaven."

If only 3 billion Christians knew how great it is to be with the Lord here, RIGHT NOW.
The world would not be the same.

Upvote 0

Bramwell

Oct 24, 2012
✟8,411.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I agree with Tremble that God is the one who knows the Kingdom membership - we don't! That said, Jesus does give us a lot of clues as to who qualifies, and who doesn't.

He mentions that it's hard for a rich man to enter the Kingdom. He says the sheep and the goat are determined based on their action toward the lowly and poor. And He also says giving of our worldly wealth to the poor - secretly in particular - is how we earn "treasure" in His kingdom.

If we pay keen attention to what Jesus said about the Kingdom, we still may not understand it all; but we'll get a much clearer picture of what the Kingdom is all about.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Omena

Brother
Oct 17, 2012
Holetown
✟15,863.00
Faith
Christian
LK 17:20 And when he was demanded of the Pharisees, when the kingdom of God should come, he answered them and said, The kingdom of God cometh not with observation:

LK 17:21 Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you.

My impression of this verse is along the same lines as what Tremble wrote, which is that the point Jesus is making is that we can't look to churches, groups, etc, to find the Kingdom of Heaven. These organizations always fall short, and while fellowship with other Christians is good, I believe people will be spiritually doomed if they start believing that their church is the one true church.

While I agree that the Kingdom of Heaven is within us (as Jesus said), I also understand that there will be a literal (physical) Kingdom at some point in the future, based on what I've read in the book of Revelation. John describes being able to physically measure the kingdom, and that it is adorned with jewels and gold, etc. Does anybody know the part in that book that I'm talking about? I can't recall where to find it.

Upvote 0

pescador

Wise old man
Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2011
✟498,844.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
My impression of this verse is along the same lines as what Tremble wrote, which is that the point Jesus is making is that we can't look to churches, groups, etc, to find the Kingdom of Heaven. These organizations always fall short, and while fellowship with other Christians is good, I believe people will be spiritually doomed if they start believing that their church is the one true church.

While I agree that the Kingdom of Heaven is within us (as Jesus said), I also understand that there will be a literal (physical) Kingdom at some point in the future, based on what I've read in the book of Revelation. John describes being able to physically measure the kingdom, and that it is adorned with jewels and gold, etc. Does anybody know the part in that book that I'm talking about? I can't recall where to find it.

It's in Genesis 21.

Jesus would never have told the Pharisees to whom he was speaking that the kingdom of God is within them. A far better understanding is that he told them that the kingdom of God was in their midst, that it was all around them but that they were unable to see it or grasp it. Thinking that the kingdom of God is within a person makes no sense and leans toward Gnosticism. How can a kingdom be within a single person? One example should suffice. When the rebel was on the cross next to Jesus he said “Jesus, remember me when you come into your kingdom.” And he said to him, “Truly, I say to you, today you will be with me in Paradise.”

Upvote 0

Norah63

Jun 29, 2011
everlasting hills
✟14,569.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I'm with Omena on this one. And maybe the full moom Willy spoke about is out there. :)
To seperate the two kingdoms will only frustrate the progress of unity.
One group wants spirit only, the other sees the flesh side also. Neither can be denied.
We are a spirit, housed in a body of flesh, glued togeather by our soul.
Formed and breathed into to become a living soul.
Cant escape the responsibility of going into all the world and preaching the gospel,
to all nations. With manifestations of the spirit healing the sick, delivering, restoring, ect.
Till Jesus returns it is our reasonable service.

Upvote 0

Gunny

Remnant
Site Supporter
May 18, 2002
United States of America
✟58,262.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
In my humble opinion due to the fact that the Holy Spirit resides within the followers of Jesus the kingdom of God truly does reside within the born again believer.

And God raised us up with Christ and seated us with him in the heavenly realms in Christ Jesus

Ephesians 2:5
NIV

In my humble opinion Jesus was foretelling the inheritance and positioning of the saints in Christ after the day of Pentecost.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Jeo7

Apr 5, 2014
✟725.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
In my humble opinion due to the fact that the Holy Spirit resides within the followers of Jesus the kingdom of God truly does reside within the born again believer.

And God raised us up with Christ and seated us with him in the heavenly realms in Christ Jesus

Ephesians 2:5
NIV

In my humble opinion Jesus was foretelling the inheritance and positioning of the saints in Christ after the day of Pentecost.

Yes !!! Remember, you are a Temple, the HOLIEST Temple to be exact. Where God lives in. :)

Upvote 0