The Joy Of Modern Motherhood

R

Renton405

Welcome to 1894.

I can complain about how the most respectable thing a man can do is be a potato farmer, but that doesn't make my opinion fact.

Question

If you were on your death bed, knowing you didn't have much time left. Which would you rather have

1. Knowing you were a good mother to your children and did everything in your power to teach them and help them in everyway. Having your children come up to you saying what a wonderful mother you are and how much they love you..

or

2. Being a big CEO buisness woman in some greedy corporation that really could care less about you. No children to come visit you. no husband to support you. You praised your independence when you were working, a feminist, probably pro-abortion. What is left for you now?? Maybe a few friends to come visit, but they don't really care that much. What left? How would you feel about yourself?

Upvote 0

flicka

Contributor
Site Supporter
Dec 9, 2003
✟36,720.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Question

If you were on your death bed, knowing you didn't have much time left. Which would you rather have

1. Knowing you were a good mother to your children and did everything in your power to teach them and help them in everyway. Having your children come up to you saying what a wonderful mother you are and how much they love you..

or

2. Being a big CEO buisness woman in some greedy corporation that really could care less about you. No children to come visit you. no husband to support you. You praised your independence when you were working, a feminist, probably pro-abortion. What is left for you now?? Maybe a few friends to come visit, but they don't really care that much. What left? How would you feel about yourself?
You have a pretty dim view of childless people. Most have plenty of friends and family who care plenty. And some kids never speak to their parents and visa verse. Kids =/= ultimate purpose in life.

I don't know what you are trying to convince people of with your crazy steryotypes (no kids must mean pro abortion? Damn) but it's not working.

Upvote 0
R

Renton405

You have a pretty dim view of childless people. Most have plenty of friends and family who care plenty. And some kids never speak to their parents and visa verse. Kids =/= ultimate purpose in life.

I don't know what you are trying to convince people of with your crazy steryotypes (no kids must mean pro abortion? Damn) but it's not working.

Nothing. Im saying Id rather leave this world knowing that I was a good father and did everything in my power for my children. Rather than some workaholic who never "had the time to have children".. Without Love from Family and God there is nothing.. All those worldly things will mean nothing when death approaches..

Upvote 0
R

Renton405

What does any of what you wrote have to do with my questions??

I had said that some women who are moral do land up not being good moms at times because of situations (that does not mean that they are horrible moms all the time) but that them may loose it because of postpartum or some other illness (depression) that has gone untreated.

But then you said that quote

all this led to the last post which sounded as though you were saying that postpartum, was evil and immoral as it can effect the role of the mother.
I dont understand how the last post answers my question?

Furthermore you have absolutley no right to say who is and who isnt a true Christian...that is up to God...besides I highly doubt God cares...Im at the point where I truly believe God loves all Her Creation...not just Christians...and that I dont need to be a Christian to be loved by God, God doesnt love me because of my belief...God loves me for ME!!

Because you questioned why someone should go to the church. I posted verses saying that when we have problems we should go to the church for help. Not some secular judge.

God loves you, for you? but you are a sinner like everyone else? Do you think your special? The only thing that makes you acceptable in God's good graces is the blood of Christ, not because you are "loveable"..

God dosen't love you because of your belief and faith? If thats really true then Christ didn't need to die.. IT IS our belief and faith that saves us. Which is only possible by the blood of Christ.

all this led to the last post which sounded as though you were saying that postpartum, was evil and immoral as it can effect the role of the mother.
I dont understand how the last post answers my question?

Depression can be helped by medication. Depression isn't a reason to give up on your children. It looks like your making up excuses. Where did I say that depression was evil??

Upvote 0

NgNm

Nov 11, 2003
Visit site
✟7,726.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Libertarian
Question

or

You are aware that there are more options then just breed or become a workaholic right?

Reactions: wanderingone
Upvote 0

Snowbunny

Mexican Princess
Jul 24, 2006
Kiawah Island, Charleston South Carolina
Visit site
✟13,581.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
hola

i agree that mothers should put their children first... but i do not understand why intelligent ambitious women need to think 'this' or 'that.' there is no law against waiting... i completely intend to return to medical school when my children have grown up, there is plenty of time at 40 or 45 to start a full, successful career.

and i do not like the attitude that some people have that having my children is a burden or that i am just wading in the water until i can do 'what i really want.' i wanted to have children and i wanted to be a doctor and so far everything is going great! there is nothing mediocre, unambitious or quaint about being a mom, as some of the more militant feminists shout.

que Dios te bendiga

Upvote 0

HazyRigby

Bunny Infidel
Aug 4, 2002
Colorado
Visit site
✟10,048.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Question

1. Knowing you were a good mother to your children and did everything in your power to teach them and help them in everyway.
or

2. Being a big CEO buisness woman in some greedy corporation that really could care less about you.

Neither. And that's what I've chosen.

Upvote 0

wanderingone

I'm not lost I'm just wandering
Jul 6, 2005
New York
✟30,779.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Question

or

Why are those the only options? I know people with children who died lonely anyway, and I had a dear friend with no children who died after a long battle with cancer. Her friends and family were by her side from the moment the diagnosis was confirmed until she passed. She never had to be alone unless she wanted time to herself. People were quick to help her even as her needs became great. She wasn't a corporate exec (I just don't know many of those) she was the director of a small non profit that worked with refugees.

Upvote 0

Chajara

iEdit
Jan 9, 2005
Milwaukee
Visit site
✟12,941.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Green
Renton, what happens when a married woman tries and tries, and then finally throws up her hands and goes to her church to get help because her alcoholic husband is beating her and the kids. Every day she dreads him coming home (if he comes home at all) because she knows she'll have to go to bed with another bruise and with the cries of her children ringing in her ears. They're all depressed and the kids' grades are failing because it's sort of hard to focus on schoolwork or homework when you know that when you get on that bus to go home, Daddy will be there within two hours to yell at you, mock you, and beat you. And Daddy refuses to get help or acknowledge that what he is doing is wrong.

So there's your scenario. What happens when this woman takes her children and goes to the church seeking help, and is then told that she's not submissive enough and that she should be helping her husband, not here complaining about him. What happens then? Should she let things continue to spiral out of control because her church told her to, or should she get up the next day, pack her and her kids' crap, and get the heck away from the abuse?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

united4Peace

Contributor
Jun 28, 2006
Alberta
✟26,223.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Because you questioned why someone should go to the church. I posted verses saying that when we have problems we should go to the church for help. Not some secular judge.

God loves you, for you? but you are a sinner like everyone else? Do you think your special? The only thing that makes you acceptable in God's good graces is the blood of Christ, not because you are "loveable"..

God dosen't love you because of your belief and faith? If thats really true then Christ didn't need to die.. IT IS our belief and faith that saves us. Which is only possible by the blood of Christ.

Depression can be helped by medication. Depression isn't a reason to give up on your children. It looks like your making up excuses. Where did I say that depression was evil??
Im going to ignore everything you said as we have different beliefs on God and God's love...but I am going to ask about the last paragraph...

Where did I once say that a mother should give up on her kids because of depression?? Or that depression was a reason??
I do believe that sometimes a woman (and man for that matter) needs a break...and that sometimes depression can play a part in parenting which is when one goes for help (medication/councelling etc) to become a better parent!!

as for saying it was evil...no you did not..but you did say that anything that effects parenting is evil and immoral...and yes depression does effect parenting to some level until it is treated...:)

Upvote 0

united4Peace

Contributor
Jun 28, 2006
Alberta
✟26,223.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Question

or

Mother Teresa didnt have Children
She also wasnt a CEO of a corporate business...

One does not need to have children to be happy or to have a meaningful life..

Reactions: wanderingone
Upvote 0
R

Renton405

Mother Teresa didnt have Children
She also wasnt a CEO of a corporate business...

One does not need to have children to be happy or to have a meaningful life..

Mother Teresa was a nun that lived a consecrated life with God only.

Plus she also said:

"Please don't kill the child. I want the child. Please give me the child. I am willing to accept any child who would be aborted, and to give that child to a married couple who will love the child, and be loved by the child. From our children's home in Calcutta alone, we have saved over 3,000 children from abortions. These children have brought such love and joy to their adopting parents, and have grown up so full of love and joy!"

Not a type of thing most secular women would do..

Upvote 0
C

Calliso

Plus she also said:

"Please don't kill the child. I want the child. Please give me the child. I am willing to accept any child who would be aborted, and to give that child to a married couple who will love the child, and be loved by the child. From our children's home in Calcutta alone, we have saved over 3,000 children from abortions. These children have brought such love and joy to their adopting parents, and have grown up so full of love and joy!"

Even then your stereotypes are just that stereotypes and donlt applie to many or even most people. There are many people with kids who die alone. There are many people without kids that die surrounded by friends and family. I donlt think I know a single woman for instance that is a CEO, in fact at least from my experience that is something that is still pretty rare. And yes secular women can do wonderful charitible things too. Being a secular woman doesn;t automatically mean one can;t or wonlt do good things for others. Just like being a feminist doesnlt make one evil either.

Reactions: united4Peace
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

violetchick

Do you believe it in your head?
Feb 26, 2006
✟7,744.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Labour

Plus she also said:

I would hardly use Mother Teresa as a shining example for childcare.
From a report into one of her orphanages:
http://www.newstatesman.com/200508220019

One heartwarming line reads: The Missionaries of Charity have said that they welcome constructive criticism, and that the children we saw were tied for their own safety and for "educational purposes".

Not a type of thing most secular women would do.....

Upvote 0

Peach81

"All acts of love and pleasure are my rituals
Jun 10, 2007
Oklahoma City
Visit site
✟16,262.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Single

Plus she also said:

Most secular women don't also set up houses of death, to keep dying people in utter agony, because apparently suffering makes God happy. She also taught her congregation to be unattached from other other human beings, even the ones in their "care," because it gets in the way of loving God.

Upvote 0