Ohio
✟21,255.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Hmmm Im talking more about thinking ahead about whether or not...can we afford this or that?

I see so many people go out and spend a whole paycheck on stuff they dont need rather than pay off a mortgage or dental bills or buy groceries or whatnot...
then there they sit...wondering how they are going to pay for the kids dental, or buy food or pay the utilities...

I have family members who have large family's of their own and dont have any income...they instead rely on others...I personally dont think that that is fair!!
Out pops baby after baby and there sits mom and dad, jobless...because everyone else looks after them...govt, etc...
I very much agree that such activities are irresponsible, and that people should think before they choose to reproduce. But I also feel that it is important that someone be taking care of such children that already exist, because it really appears that their parents aren't able/going to do so.

Upvote 0

flicka

Contributor
Site Supporter
Dec 9, 2003
✟36,720.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
No, children aren't a burden if you are a good mother and father.
Maybe people would start being better parents if they brought morals and family values back in the mix.
Nothing you are saying guarentees a good parent. Like some people will never be good at math, some people are not cut out to be parents, whether they have a baby or not. Morals have NOTHING to do with it. Some very moral people who want to be good parents still drop the ball. It's a fact of life that no amount of your preaching will ever change.

Upvote 0
R

Renton405

Nothing you are saying guarentees a good parent. Like some people will never be good at math, some people are not cut out to be parents, whether they have a baby or not. Morals have NOTHING to do with it. Some very moral people who want to be good parents still drop the ball. It's a fact of life that no amount of your preaching will ever change.

Yes, Morals have ALOT to do with it. WHen parents have high moral, they understand that a child is work and that it is their duty to take care of their children and protect them at all costs. Parents who "drop the ball" are weak people with weak morals. Same as people who are divorced and remarried. Their moral structure collapses and they give in back to their selfish desires rather than making it work out no matter what(Unconditional Love)..

Feminism has alot to do also with the amount of deadbeat mothers and fathers out their also. Feminism is probably the number one reason why familys are breaking and parents are dropping the ball.

Upvote 0

LunarPlexus

Aug 30, 2007
✟15,667.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Greens
Feminism has alot to do also with the amount of deadbeat mothers and fathers out their also. Feminism is probably the number one reason why familys are breaking and parents are dropping the ball.

Oh, you mean like how now when a woman is repeatedly beaten by her husband she doesn't have to take it and ask politely for more?

Reactions: wanderingone
Upvote 0

flicka

Contributor
Site Supporter
Dec 9, 2003
✟36,720.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Yes, Morals have ALOT to do with it. WHen parents have high moral, they understand that a child is work and that it is their duty to take care of their children and protect them at all costs. Parents who "drop the ball" are weak people with weak morals. Same as people who are divorced and remarried. Their moral structure collapses and they give in back to their selfish desires rather than making it work out no matter what(Unconditional Love)..

It's not "moral structure" that is the issue, it's very human behavior and very human limitations. I will never have the fortitude to be a doctor while another may not have the fortitude to be a parent. Morals don't even come into play.

Upvote 0

NgNm

Nov 11, 2003
Visit site
✟7,726.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Libertarian
Maybe people would start being better parents if they brought morals and family values back in the mix..

Please define the bold terms.

Parents need to learn and understand family values, christian moral, and not letting the secular world raise their kids.

I am an atheist, I intend to have children at some point in my life. As I do not intend to raise them by the Christian moral code does that in your view make me a bad parrent?

Upvote 0
C

Calliso

Some people do try their hardest but just can;t do it. Some people just aren;t cut out to be parents regardless of how strong their morals are. As for the divorced and remarried thing I disagree that people who get divorced and remarry are weak people. My parents divorced and my Dad remarried. They did try to stay together to work things out but it just wasn;t meant to be. There was no love only hate and bitterness after a certain point. Them staying together would have done far more harm to me and my sister then their seperating did. If anything the fact that they did try to stay together I think made things worse then they would have been had they divorced much earlier then they did. As by that time the bitterness and hate and what not had had YEARS to build up. There are some marriages that can';t work out plain and simple. And imo it would be IMMORAL to keep a child or children in a situation where both parents are miserable and hate eachother. Cause then what sort of idea are they getting of how a marriage should be?

And what has regular feminism done that has harmed the family? I say regular feminists cause yes there are the handful of extremists but most are not like that. I mean heck I have seen many tradional stay at home take care of the kids and house women on here identify themselves as feminists! I really donlt think you understand feminism and sadly I donlt think you want to. :( You keep wanting to believe that the entirity of feminism is represented by the handful of radicals but it is not. It just happens that the more extreme stuff is what people talk about because it is what turns the most heads. But if stay at home tradional moms identify themselves as feminists then tell me how has feminism hurt the family unit?

Upvote 0

united4Peace

Contributor
Jun 28, 2006
Alberta
✟26,223.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private

Oh okay and that's why some women end up in the hospital with postpartum depression...or they may go untreated and land up very depressed and losing it as the kids get older...

Has nothing to do with LOOSE morals!!

Motherhood is alot harder than what you think...
its a physical job...not to mention those hormones do change...and yes it does effect some of us more than others :sorry:

Upvote 0

flicka

Contributor
Site Supporter
Dec 9, 2003
✟36,720.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Feminism has alot to do also with the amount of deadbeat mothers and fathers out their also. Feminism is probably the number one reason why family's are breaking and parents are dropping the ball.
If by feminism you mean women not being the property of men...

Nope, even then it doesn't add up.

The MSN headline today was how males may be becoming extinct due to a higher rate of female births. If that is true perhaps this is all just a link in the chain of human evolution helping us to prepare us all for man's eminent extinction.:p

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
R

Renton405

Oh okay and that's why some women end up in the hospital with postpartum depression...or they may go untreated and land up very depressed and losing it as the kids get older...

Has nothing to do with LOOSE morals!!

Motherhood is alot harder than what you think...
its a physical job...not to mention those hormones do change...and yes it does effect some of us more than others :sorry:

What a cop out. Life in general is harder than you think. Does that mean you should give up on it?

Feminism puts a woman in a bad mindset in the first place when she has children. It seeps into the womans brain and turns her into a monster that only thinks about herself 24/7..No wonder they cannot take care of children, they aren't in in the correct mindset in the first place..

Parents need to guide themselves off of Mary and Joseph. They need to learn their examples. A family with good moral and christian values is what is needed. Strong family support. Actually paying attention to their children. Avoiding divorce in every way possible. Nuturing their children. And most importantly , God.

Upvote 0

GardenOfKadesh

Nov 3, 2007
✟15,292.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Private
What a cop out. Life in general is harder than you think. Does that mean you should give up on it?

Feminism puts a woman in a bad mindset in the first place when she has children. It seeps into the womans brain and turns her into a monster that only thinks about herself 24/7..No wonder they cannot take care of children, they aren't in in the correct mindset in the first place..

Parents need to guide themselves off of Mary and Joseph. They need to learn their examples. A family with good moral and christian values is what is needed. Strong family support. Actually paying attention to their children. Avoiding divorce in every way possible. Nuturing their children. And most importantly , God.
This is nothing but strawman after strawman. You are using radical feminism (not feminism, radical feminism) to support an argument. Feminism was defined by the struggle for equality, not your fantasy of an Amazonian civilization. To speak as if any woman who doesn't care for your vision to be a radical is intellectually dishonest.

How can we expect any morality to hold a candle in the darkness if you are so zealous to extinguish it with lies?

Upvote 0

united4Peace

Contributor
Jun 28, 2006
Alberta
✟26,223.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private

Whoa!!

Who said one gives up on life??

Since when did Feminsim make turn one into a monster??
Are you implying that postpartum moms are monsters??
Or that those with depression are monsters?
Just because of an illness does NOT make someone a monster and does NOT mean someone is a feminist!!

There are many non Christians with good morals and values as well...and yes good family support is needed...a child needs to know they are loved...I do agree...however...it does NOT mean one is horrible if they are divorced...sometimes its better to get out of a relationship as that relationship can be doing both the persons involved and the children more harm than good...:)

Reactions: Paulos23
Upvote 0
R

Renton405

Whoa!!

Who said one gives up on life??

Since when did Feminsim make turn one into a monster??
Are you implying that postpartum moms are monsters??
Or that those with depression are monsters?
Just because of an illness does NOT make someone a monster and does NOT mean someone is a feminist!!

There are many non Christians with good morals and values as well...and yes good family support is needed...a child needs to know they are loved...I do agree...however...it does NOT mean one is horrible if they are divorced...sometimes its better to get out of a relationship as that relationship can be doing both the persons involved and the children more harm than good...:)

The most respectable thing a woman could be is a good mother to her children. Anything that nullifys the importance of being a mother is evil and immoral. Divorce hurts children and gives them bad examples. I honestly cannot look at one family and see that they improved by getting a divorce. If a family is having trouble they should go to the church and ask for help. Not a judge.. Parents need to work out their problems with God, not judges, babysitters, and legal papers..

Upvote 0

JadeTigress

Aug 15, 2006
Herrin, IL
✟9,414.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Libertarian
The most respectable thing a woman could be is a good mother to her children. Anything that nullifys the importance of being a mother is evil and immoral.

So I'll probably never be respectable, since I don't want kids. Also, it would seem that my brain is evil and immoral. Should I cut it out, perhaps?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

GardenOfKadesh

Nov 3, 2007
✟15,292.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Private
The most respectable thing a woman could be is a good mother to her children. Anything that nullifys the importance of being a mother is evil and immoral. Divorce hurts children and gives them bad examples. I honestly cannot look at one family and see that they improved by getting a divorce. If a family is having trouble they should go to the church and ask for help. Not a judge.. Parents need to work out their problems with God, not judges, babysitters, and legal papers..
I find your faux authority over gender totally immoral. This appeal to predestined "roles" is sickening. Luckily, they will never be enforced by the Sophists that scream for them and your own word is not Gospel.

Of course, if you would like to fight for a backwards world, by all mean: Go ahead. You will lose like those before you. Masking archaic notions of modesty as, "Truth" will only make the victory of the feminist majority even more satisfying as you're crushed underfoot.

Reactions: wanderingone
Upvote 0

united4Peace

Contributor
Jun 28, 2006
Alberta
✟26,223.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
So your saying that mental illness is evil and immoral??

Is that not what postpartum depression is? An illness?

So if a woman is being beaten by her husband...better to go to the Church?
How many times does it take for one to be beaten before its okay to go to the Judge instead of the Church?
When one's spouse is drinking and boozing it up...its okay to stay...better the kids see that then have the kids see what a straight life is like...(not all people's spouses will go to the church...sorry but your living in a fairy tale world if you think they will).

As one who was raised with a single mom...my mother found it better to work her prob out with God...have God guide her...NOT a Church, nor anyone else...and it got her through a horrible marriage...gave her the strength to raise her children on her own and get them all through University and College and have them all be believers in God to boot :)

Upvote 0
R

Renton405

So your saying that mental illness is evil and immoral??

Is that not what postpartum depression is? An illness?

So if a woman is being beaten by her husband...better to go to the Church?
How many times does it take for one to be beaten before its okay to go to the Judge instead of the Church?
When one's spouse is drinking and boozing it up...its okay to stay...better the kids see that then have the kids see what a straight life is like...(not all people's spouses will go to the church...sorry but your living in a fairy tale world if you think they will).

As one who was raised with a single mom...my mother found it better to work her prob out with God...have God guide her...NOT a Church, nor anyone else...and it got her through a horrible marriage...gave her the strength to raise her children on her own and get them all through University and College and have them all be believers in God to boot :)

I prefer to follow the bible though:

Matt. 18:15-17 And if your brother sins, go and reprove him in private; if he listens to you, you have won your brother. But if he does not listen to you, take one or two more with you, so that by the mouth of two or three witnesses every fact may be confirmed. And if he refuses to listen to them, tell it to the church; and if he refuses to listen even to the church, let him be to you as a Gentile and a tax-gatherer.

Does any one of you, when he has a case against his neighbor, dare to go to law before the unrighteous and not before the saints? - 1 Corinthians 6:1

1 Cor. 5:9-13 I wrote you in my letter not to associate with immoral people; I did not at all mean with the immoral people of this world, or with the covetous and swindlers, or with idolaters; for then you would have to go out of the world. But actually, I wrote to you not to associate with any so-called brother if he should be an immoral person, or covetous, or an idolater, or a reviler, or a drunkard, or a swindler-- not even to eat with such a one. For what have I to do with judging outsiders? Do you not judge those who are within the church? But those who are outside, God judges. Remove the wicked man from among yourselves.

When we have problems, we need to go to the church and pray to God. Not go to the hypocrite judges and lawyers. True christians will do this, and they will follow the advice of their church. If they do not follow the advice of the saints and the church, then they aren't true christians. If a family is having trouble, they should go to the church and ask for help and then follow that advice.

Upvote 0

HazyRigby

Bunny Infidel
Aug 4, 2002
Colorado
Visit site
✟10,048.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
The most respectable thing a woman could be is a good mother to her children.

Welcome to 1894.

I can complain about how the most respectable thing a man can do is be a potato farmer, but that doesn't make my opinion fact.

Upvote 0

united4Peace

Contributor
Jun 28, 2006
Alberta
✟26,223.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
I prefer to follow the bible though:

Matt. 18:15-17 And if your brother sins, go and reprove him in private; if he listens to you, you have won your brother. But if he does not listen to you, take one or two more with you, so that by the mouth of two or three witnesses every fact may be confirmed. And if he refuses to listen to them, tell it to the church; and if he refuses to listen even to the church, let him be to you as a Gentile and a tax-gatherer.

Does any one of you, when he has a case against his neighbor, dare to go to law before the unrighteous and not before the saints? - 1 Corinthians 6:1

1 Cor. 5:9-13 I wrote you in my letter not to associate with immoral people; I did not at all mean with the immoral people of this world, or with the covetous and swindlers, or with idolaters; for then you would have to go out of the world. But actually, I wrote to you not to associate with any so-called brother if he should be an immoral person, or covetous, or an idolater, or a reviler, or a drunkard, or a swindler-- not even to eat with such a one. For what have I to do with judging outsiders? Do you not judge those who are within the church? But those who are outside, God judges. Remove the wicked man from among yourselves.

When we have problems, we need to go to the church and pray to God. Not go to the hypocrite judges and lawyers. True christians will do this, and they will follow the advice of their church. If they do not follow the advice of the saints and the church, then they aren't true christians. If a family is having trouble, they should go to the church and ask for help and then follow that advice.
What does any of what you wrote have to do with my questions??

I had said that some women who are moral do land up not being good moms at times because of situations (that does not mean that they are horrible moms all the time) but that them may loose it because of postpartum or some other illness (depression) that has gone untreated.

But then you said that quote

all this led to the last post which sounded as though you were saying that postpartum, was evil and immoral as it can effect the role of the mother.
I dont understand how the last post answers my question?

Furthermore you have absolutley no right to say who is and who isnt a true Christian...that is up to God...besides I highly doubt God cares...Im at the point where I truly believe God loves all Her Creation...not just Christians...and that I dont need to be a Christian to be loved by God, God doesnt love me because of my belief...God loves me for ME!!

Upvote 0