Country
Djibouti
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
I can enjoy watching or listening to a game of football, cricket, and Olympic Sports, if the commentator is good.
Enthusiasm is a key and variation in voice tone and pitch. Of course substance and content are important too.
One of my pet peeves is when a commentator starts criticising the game plan of coach or captain. This seems to be their favourite topic. And some of the rugby and cricket commentators have a really whining voice that saps all your energy listening to it. it can put you off the game.
Whereas a positive enthusiastic commentator keeps you guessing what they will say. They give you information that is fresh, as you learn more about the game. They promote the sport.

Korean-American Christian

raised Presbyterian. member of the Nazarene Church
Feb 21, 2017
USA
✟17,856.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Green
I can enjoy watching or listening to a game of football, cricket, and Olympic Sports, if the commentator is good.
Enthusiasm is a key and variation in voice tone and pitch. Of course substance and content are important too.
One of my pet peeves is when a commentator starts criticising the game plan of coach or captain. This seems to be their favourite topic. And some of the rugby and cricket commentators have a really whining voice that saps all your energy listening to it. it can put you off the game.
Whereas a positive enthusiastic commentator keeps you guessing what they will say. They give you information that is fresh, as you learn more about the game. They promote the sport.

While I have never been enthusiastic about watching baseball on television, Vin Scully was (apparently) an outstanding sports commentator for the Los Angeles Dodgers baseball team
ScreenHunter_90 Mar. 24 06.05.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: Godlovesmetwo
Upvote 0