London
✟107,144.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Who is the Holy Spirit to you? Am preparing a sermon on the Holy Spirit as a Helper, would be glad to receive more insights...

my Father who i am at one with ... and this wholeness/oneness a truth He leads me into by process ... the first helpmeet being feminine reveals our nakedness and the second helpmeet being masculine covers it back up, where we become clothed upon Him as Him ...

Reactions: Vambram
Upvote 0

St_Worm2

Simul Justus et Peccator
Site Supporter
Jan 28, 2002
✟2,930,846.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Hello @FrankMu, I just posted this a week or two ago around here, I just can't remember where? Anyway, here is an excerpt from Grace Church's SoF on the Holy Spirit. I hope you find at least some of it useful :)

God the Holy Spirit. We teach that the Holy Spirit is a divine Person, eternal, underived, possessing all the attributes of personality and deity, including intellect (1 Corinthians 2:10-13), emotions (Ephesians 4:30), will (1 Corinthians 12:11), eternality (Hebrews 9:14), omnipresence (Psalm 139:7-10), omniscience (Isaiah 40:13-14), omnipotence (Romans 15:13), and truthfulness (John 16:13). In all the divine attributes He is coequal and consubstantial with the Father and the Son (Matthew 28:19; Acts 5:3-4; 28:25-26; 1 Corinthians 12:4-6; 2 Corinthians 13:14; Jeremiah 31:31-34 with Hebrews 10:15-17).
We teach that it is the work of the Holy Spirit to execute the divine will with relation to all mankind. We recognize His sovereign activity in creation (Genesis 1:2), the incarnation (Matthew 1:18), the written revelation (2 Peter 1:20-21), and the work of salvation (John 3:5-7).
We teach that the work of the Holy Spirit in this age began at Pentecost, when He came from the Father as promised by Christ (John 14:16-17; 15:26) to initiate and complete the building of the Body of Christ, which is His church (1 Corinthians 12:13). The broad scope of His divine activity includes convicting the world of sin, of righteousness, and of judgment; glorifying the Lord Jesus Christ and transforming believers into the image of Christ (John 16:7-9; Acts 1:5; 2:4; Romans 8:29; 2 Corinthians 3:18; Ephesians 2:22).
We teach that the Holy Spirit is the supernatural and sovereign Agent in regeneration, baptizing all believers into the Body of Christ (1 Corinthians 12:13). The Holy Spirit also indwells, sanctifies, instructs, empowers them for service, and seals them unto the day of redemption (Romans 8:9; 2 Corinthians 3:6; Ephesians 1:13).
We teach that the Holy Spirit is the divine Teacher, who guided the apostles and prophets into all truth as they committed to writing God’s revelation, the Bible (2 Peter 1:19-21). Every believer possesses the indwelling presence of the Holy Spirit from the moment of salvation, and it is the duty of all those born of the Spirit to be filled with (controlled by) the Spirit (John 16:13; Romans 8:9; Ephesians 5:18; 1 John 2:20, 27).
We teach that the Holy Spirit administers spiritual gifts to the church. The Holy Spirit glorifies neither Himself nor His gifts by ostentatious displays, but He does glorify Christ by implementing His work of redeeming the lost and building up believers in the most holy faith (John 16:13-14; Acts 1:8; 1 Corinthians 12:4-11; 2 Corinthians 3:18).

God bless you!!

--David

Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟907,224.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Who is the Holy Spirit to you? Am preparing a sermon on the Holy Spirit as a Helper, would be glad to receive more insights...
"His" Holy Spirit would be a better way to start your sermon. Once Christians realize He lives in them, the mystery is unvelied. His Holy Spirit lives in the believer conforming one into His image.
Blessings.
John 14:23
Jesus answered and said to him, “If anyone loves Me, he will keep My word; and My Father will love him, and We will come to him and make Our home with him.

Upvote 0

Soyeong

Mar 10, 2015
Hudson
✟284,722.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
The fruits of the Spirit are invisible aspects of God's nature or character, such as holiness, righteousness, goodness, justice, mercy, faithfulness, love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, gentleness, self-control, and so forth. The Son is the image of the invisible God (Colossians 1:15) and the radiance of God's glory and the exact image of His nature (Hebrews 1:3), so if the invisible aspects of God's nature were personified in the form of a body that we can see, then that would be the Son, which is what it means to say that he is God's word made flesh and he embodied those aspects of God's nature by setting a perfect for us to follow of how to walk in obedience to the Mosaic Law.

The Bible often uses the same terms to describe aspects of God's nature as it does to describe aspects of the nature of the Mosaic Law, which is because it is God's instructions for how to embody those aspects of God's nature. Likewise, God's way is the way in which He practices aspects of His nature, such as righteousness and justice (Genesis 18:19) and there are many verses that describe the Mosaic Law as being God's way, such as Deuteronomy 10:12-13, Isaiah 2:2-3, Joshua 22:5, 1 Kings 2:1-3, Psalms 103:7, Psalms 119:1-3, and many others.

This is why the Spirit has been given to those who obey God (Acts 5:32). Likewise, the Spirit has the role of leading us in truth (John 16:13), the Spirit has the role of leading us to obey the Mosaic Law (Ezekiel 36:26-27), and the Mosaic Law is truth (Psalms 119:142). In John 16:8, the Spirit has the role of convicting us of sin, and in Romans 3:20, it is by the Mosaic Law that we have knowledge of sin. In Romans 8:4-7, those who walk in the Spirit are contrasted with those who have minds set on the flesh who are enemies of God who refuse to submit to the Mosaic Law. In Galatians 5:19-23, everything listed as works of the flesh that are against the Spirit are also agains the Mosaic Law while all of the fruits of the Spirit are aspects of God's nature that the Mosaic Law was given to teach us how to embody. In Romans 2:25-29, the way to recognize that a Gentile has a circumcise heart is by observing their obedience to the Mosaic Law, which is the same way to tell for a Jew (Deuteronomy 30:6), and circumcision of the heart is a matter of the Spirit, which is in contrast with Acts 7:51-53, where those who have uncircumcised hearts resist the Spirit and do not obey the Mosaic Law. After all, the Mosaic Law was given by God and the Spirit is God, so it is the Law of the Spirit.

Upvote 0

Richard T

Mar 25, 2018
traveling Asia
✟69,791.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I once was going to preach on the Holy Spirit as a person but in discussing it casually with the pastor he completely disagreed. So I asked God what to do? I ended up just leaving out the person part and gave all the scriptures that show that the Holy Spirit has the same characteristics like Jesus and Father God. He is omnipotent, omniscient, has no beginning or end etc. What funny is the pastor thought it was pretty good. It was many years ago but here is a Moody bible Institute teaching on the Holy Spirit. Person and Work of the Holy Spirit | Moody Bible Institute Just my two cents, I am sure you will do great.

Upvote 0

Peacemaker1

Jul 1, 2023
North
✟17,519.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Jesus Christ is he only that obeyed the Father, obedient unto death, in the love of God, humbly, meekly, and belief in Him is what the Spirit of truth is, all all else is lies.

Do we see a forum of doers, or a forum of talkers, the devil is the greatest talker, yet the greatest t do nothing whatsoever, so why be persuaded by that cunning devil spirit any longer, the forum has the devils ministers, talkers, it has no doers, look to Jesus Christ for that.

Upvote 0

A servant of the Kings

Dec 28, 2023
Gotland
✟1,417.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hi beloved brother,

I will testify to you that God our Father has spoken to me that He is light, and that His spirit The Holy Spirit will do the will of the light that He is.

And we when we choose the light may receive the Holy Spirit.

James 1:17
“Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows.”

To choose the light, we must be ready and willing to throw away the dirt, that is obscuring the light. That is how it is a good thing when we know that we are sinners, that we are impure compared to God. Because then we may start to clean, we may start t repent towards the remission of sin.

Luke 24:47 And that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in his name among all nations, beginning at Jerusalem.

Someone who thinks he is clean, will not start to clean.

1 John 1:8 If we say we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.

So part of loving the Holy Spirit is cleaning to find that light of God that the spirit belongs to.

Ephesians 5:8 For you were once darkness, but now you are light in the Lord. Walk as children of light

Upvote 0

Peacemaker1

Jul 1, 2023
North
✟17,519.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
here, this is the Holy Spirit, ( Spirit of truth) that no man teaches another, so we are no longer misdirected..

Ephesians 4:
20 But ye have not so learned Christ;
21 If so be that ye have heard him, and have been taught by him, as the truth is in Jesus:

Hebrews 8:11
And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest.

1 John 2:24 Let that therefore abide in you, which ye have heard from the beginning. If that which ye have heard from the beginning shall remain in you, ye also shall continue in the Son, and in the Father.
25 And this is the promise that he hath promised us, even eternal life.
26 These things have I written unto you concerning them that seduce you.
27 But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him.

Upvote 0

A servant of the Kings

Dec 28, 2023
Gotland
✟1,417.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
here, this is the Holy Spirit, ( Spirit of truth) that no man teaches another, so we are no longer misdirected..

Ephesians 4:
20 But ye have not so learned Christ;
21 If so be that ye have heard him, and have been taught by him, as the truth is in Jesus:

Hebrews 8:11
And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest.

1 John 2:24 Let that therefore abide in you, which ye have heard from the beginning. If that which ye have heard from the beginning shall remain in you, ye also shall continue in the Son, and in the Father.
25 And this is the promise that he hath promised us, even eternal life.
26 These things have I written unto you concerning them that seduce you.
27 But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him.
Yes it is true when it comes to people that has been given the immense blessing from God to know of His light, and His Holy Spirit. Those that have not, we must praise their interest, if they are interested in knowing the Holy Spirit from God.

Hebrews 8:11 is not about all people, but about Israelites, who already know there are 2, and so have a choice between good and evil.

Other people have not yet understood that God is good, They have not yet chosen Jesus to lead them to Father, out of Love for God who is good.

To the ones that have their own relationship with God and the Holy Spirit, it would be vain to preach about it. They will know from the source, it is always better to receive from the source.

But to those unfortunate people that has not yet chosen light before darkness, or God instead of satan. We are asked to help them make that choice.

So what is right and wrong would depend on who we are talking about. A brother or sister? Or a heathen?

You are right to point us to a distinction between the two.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Peacemaker1

Jul 1, 2023
North
✟17,519.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
we are already chosen, by this...

2 Thessalonians 2:13
But we are bound to give thanks alway to God for you, brethren beloved of the Lord, because God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth:

not to hear lies as this tells also...

2 Thessalonians 2:
10 And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.
11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:
12 That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

Upvote 0

A servant of the Kings

Dec 28, 2023
Gotland
✟1,417.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Yes it is true God knows what will happen in advance, still we are to preach to the heathens, and help sisters and brothers who are walking astray.

It is so that we may take a stand for the good, even at times when evil is bound to happen. We must stand for Christ, Christ is one with the Holy Spirit. All that is good is united in One, because God is One. And God is the only one that is Good, as Jesus teaches us in the bible.

"So everyone who acknowledges me before men, I also will acknowledge before my Father who is in heaven; but whoever denies me before men, I also will deny before my Father who is in heaven" (Matthew 10:32-33 RSV).

It is thus of the greatest importance that we acknowledge Him, He is One with/ working in unison with the Holy Spirit.

But there is always a great risk when we acknowledge Christ, that we do not speak truthfully enough. God is greater, more magnificent, His Love is greater than words. So we cannot do Him justice.

But it is my impression that God is pleased when we speak of what He has let us know, even if we cannot express it fully. We have an obligation to testify.

Upvote 0

Peacemaker1

Jul 1, 2023
North
✟17,519.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes it is true God knows what will happen in advance, still we are to preach to the heathens, and help sisters and brothers who are walking astray.

It is so that we may take a stand for the good, even at times when evil is bound to happen. We must stand for Christ, Christ is one with the Holy Spirit. All that is good is united in One, because God is One. And God is the only one that is Good, as Jesus teaches us in the bible.

"So everyone who acknowledges me before men, I also will acknowledge before my Father who is in heaven; but whoever denies me before men, I also will deny before my Father who is in heaven" (Matthew 10:32-33 RSV).

It is thus of the greatest importance that we acknowledge Him, He is One with/ working in unison with the Holy Spirit.

But there is always a great risk when we acknowledge Christ, that we do not speak truthfully enough. God is greater, more magnificent, His Love is greater than words. So we cannot do Him justice.

But it is my impression that God is pleased when we speak of what He has let us know, even if we cannot express it fully. We have an obligation to testify.
the good shepherd seeks his sheep knows them, what do you think the hireling does that does not care for the sheep, they talk and flee hen the wolf comes, they do no care, that the good shepherd is the only that layed HIs life down for His sheep.

Upvote 0

Peacemaker1

Jul 1, 2023
North
✟17,519.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Ezekiel 34:
5 And they were scattered, because there is no shepherd: and they became meat to all the beasts of the field, when they were scattered.
6 My sheep wandered through all the mountains, and upon every high hill: yea, my flock was scattered upon all the face of the earth, and none did search or seek after them.

Ezekiel 34:
9 Therefore, O ye shepherds, hear the word of the Lord;
10 Thus saith the Lord God; Behold, I am against the shepherds; and I will require my flock at their hand, and cause them to cease from feeding the flock; neither shall the shepherds feed themselves any more; for I will deliver my flock from their mouth, that they may not be meat for them.
11 For thus saith the Lord God; Behold, I, even I, will both search my sheep, and seek them out.

Ezekiel 34:12
As a shepherd seeketh out his flock in the day that he is among his sheep that are scattered; so will I seek out my sheep, and will deliver them out of all places where they have been scattered in the cloudy and dark day.

Upvote 0

Peacemaker1

Jul 1, 2023
North
✟17,519.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
there is one shepherd we returned to, not to the wolves in sheeps clothing, get real, and all shepherds are told, there is ONE SHEPHERD

Matthew 7:15
Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.

John 10:8
All that ever came before me are thieves and robbers: but the sheep did not hear them.

John 10:16
And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd.

1 Peter 2:25
For ye were as sheep going astray; but are now returned unto the Shepherd and Bishop of your souls.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

A servant of the Kings

Dec 28, 2023
Gotland
✟1,417.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Yes it is true what you say is true, we are to follow Him that sacrificed His body of flesh. He is the chief shepherd:

1 Peter 5:4 And when the Chief Shepherd appears, you will receive the crown of glory that will never fade away.

I will testify to you that I have received the crown of glory from the chief shepherd, by His throne in the third heaven.

We are to be shepherds ourselves following the chief shepherd.

I have offered to God our Father to sacrifice a limb for someone that was part of my flock, the axe was on my chopping block, as I asked Father if it was what He wanted. But He did not want it.

I have not yet sacrificed my body of flesh..

But I am well aware that sacrifice of flesh may be asked of us.

God has made me a prophet, but He has made clear I will not bring new things, that are not in the bible, cause all that is needed is already in the bible, Jesus made it complete.

But God has instructed me to tell the world that it is not allowed to skip big chunks of Jesus teachings, like the lamps, the sevens spirits of God, that the Kingdom of God is within, that God is light, that Gd gave us an eye to see the light with, that God is love, or any other very important part of Jesus teachings.

When His teachings are complete is when the fig tree will bloom, is when summer has come Matthew 24:32Now learn this lesson from the fig tree: As soon as its branches become tender and sprout leaves, you know that summer is near. 33So also, when you see all these things, you will know that He is near, right at the door.…

Upvote 0

Peacemaker1

Jul 1, 2023
North
✟17,519.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
so many false prophets predicted, which are we told to follow when they are so many now..

Matthew 24:
4 And Jesus answered and said unto them, Take heed that no man deceive you.
5 For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many.

Matthew 24:
11 And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many.
12 And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold.
13 But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.

Matthew24:
23 Then if any man shall say unto you, Lo, here is Christ, or there; believe it not.
24 For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.
25 Behold, I have told you before.
26 Wherefore if they shall say unto you, Behold, he is in the desert; go not forth: behold, he is in the secret chambers; believe it not.
27 For as the lightning cometh out of the east, and shineth even unto the west; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.
28 For wheresoever the carcase is, there will the eagles be gathered together.

Upvote 0

Peacemaker1

Jul 1, 2023
North
✟17,519.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
yes, we are told to follow NONE OF THEM, and all on the forum can witness this, that on the thread called holy spirit, they prefer therir own words, over scripture.

2 Peter 2:
But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction.
2 And many shall follow their pernicious ways; by reason of whom the way of truth shall be evil spoken of.
3 And through covetousness shall they with feigned words make merchandise of you: whose judgment now of a long time lingereth not, and their damnation slumbereth not.

Upvote 0

A servant of the Kings

Dec 28, 2023
Gotland
✟1,417.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
That is an ugly lie, It is God Himself who appoints prophets, teachers, evangelists and so on, to cooperate and make up the body of Christ. I warn you to not try to take the place of God our Father, that is the ultimate goal of satan. he will be condemned.

Jesus has sternly warned us of following the blind, or we will end up in the pit, (the pit of fire), it is prophets who are seeing, others in the body of Christ must trust prophets, like have been the case, the whole bible is built on the word from prophets, given to us by God our Father, and Jesus our savior.

If you do not believe in prophets, you do not believe the bible, that is built on the testimony of prophets.

You are mixing up prophets and false prophets, those are two very different things.

Ephesians 4:10 He who descended is the very One who ascended above all the heavens, in order to fill all things. 11And it was He who gave some to be apostles, some to be prophets, some to be evangelists, and some to be pastors and teachers, 12to equip the saints for works of ministry and to build up the body of Christ,

Matthew 15:14 Disregard them! They are blind guides. If a blind man leads a blind man, both will fall into a pit.

• Agree
Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟834,158.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
What does the Bible say about the Holy Spirit. What did Jesus say about Him in John's Gospel? Letting your fingers do the walking, consulting the Scriptures is the most reliable way than to depend on the opinions of others.

• Agree
Upvote 0