The Hands and Feet of God
May 22, 2005
Kansas
✟17,147.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I wrote this, tell me what you think, ok?

The Greatest Challenge
Everyday, thousands of things flood you, from magazine, to TV, to the internet, radio or even your friends and peers. It seems that everyone has an opinion on the “right” way to do or view things, and they expect you to agree with them. You are getting different views on whether or not to have sex before marriage, people telling you that cheating and lying are okay, and we all know it’s not uncommon for someone to be doing drugs, smoking, drinking, or even worse stuff. So if we step out in faith to defend what we believe in, there’s a pretty good chance we will be laughed at. loudly. But in 1 Corinthians 3:19 it says,
“The wisdom of this world is foolishness to God” and so, since we as Christians are supposed to try and be like God, them the wisdom of the world should be foolishness to us too…but is it? Later, in verse 21, the Bible goes on to say,
“Don’t be proud of following the wise men of this world, for God has already given you everything you need.” which basically is continuing on the idea that worldly wisdom is not a good thing to follow, since we have God with all of his wisdom, which is a completely different thing from worldly wisdom. In 1 Corinthians 3:20, it continues with this idea by saying,
“The Lord knows full well how the human mind reasons, and how foolish and futile it is.” So if God thinks human reasoning is foolish and futile, then humans in turn think Godly reasoning is foolish too. So when you first tell a non-Christian anything about your relationship or passion with God, they may look at you like your head is floating 10 feet off the ground. Don’t freak out, this is completely normal. As Paul says in 1 Corinthians 1:18,
“I know very well how foolish it sounds to those who are lost when they hear that Jesus died. But we, who are saved recognize this message as the very power of God.” I feel this means that we as Christians have something no one else does. But as we all know, with great power comes great responsibility, and our great responsibility is to convey the awesomeness of God to the entire world. More than likely, non-Christians are not going to “get” what you are talking about, and will probably reject you, which is totally okay, since in Luke 6:22, Luke says,
“What happiness it is when other hate you and exclude you and insult you and smear your name because you are mine! When that happens, rejoice! Yes, leap for joy! For you will have a great reward awaiting you in heaven.” Do you see how it’s a win-win situation? See, if someone rejects your wisdom, you have a reward in heaven, and if they accept your wisdom, then you have just completely changed their life. So, if you can’t loose, why not? If you knew you would win the lottery, you would spend a few minutes buying a ticket, right? The same principle should apply to your witnessing habits. My challenge to you is this: be bolder than you ever have before with you witnessing. I they turn you down, it’s because it sounds foolish to them, which is what God says will happen. Besides, we shouldn’t worry what people think of us because we are servants of Christ.
“Do I now persuade men, or God? Or do I seek to please men? for if I still pleased men, I would not be a servant of Christ.” (Galatians 1:10) I t takes an average of 7.6 times for people to hear the gospel before they commit their life to Jesus. Who knows what number you’ll be?
-Tiffany Taylor

Reactions: angelwind