sdmsanjose

Jun 19, 2006
Arizona
✟23,684.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

A cancer treatment breakthrough has produced magnificent results for several patients. This is not a cheap advertisement this is from the award winning program 60-Minutes and verified by some very reputable doctors and the Duke University. This treatment is very promising for a MULTITUDE of cancers!
Reprinted below are a few paragraphs from the transcript of the 60 minutes program:

Killing Cancer
60 Minutes follows brain cancer patients in a Duke University clinical trial of a therapy that uses a re-engineered polio virus to kill cancer cells

Polio to treat cancer? Scott Pelley reports on Duke clinical trial - CBS News

The following script is from "Killing Cancer" which aired on March 29, 2015. Scott Pelley is the correspondent. Michael Radutzky and Denise Schrier Cetta, producers.

The long war on cancer has left us well short of victory. Radiation flashed on in the 19th century, chemotherapy began to drip in the 20th but, for so many, 100 years of research adds up to just a few more months of life. Well tonight, you're about see a discovery for the 21st century that may be a big leap forward --awakening the power of the body's immune system

For 10 months, we've been inside an experimental therapy at Duke University. Some of the patients there use words that doctors don't use, like "miracle" and "cure." And that's remarkable, because these patients were handed a death sentence, a relentless brain cancer called glioblastoma. To beat it, researchers are doing something that many thought was crazy, they are infecting the tumors with polio -- the virus that has crippled and killed for centuries

It appears the polio starts the killing but it's the immune system that does most of the damage. Stephanie's tumor shrank for 21 months until it was gone. This is an MRI from this past August. Three years after the infusion, something unimaginable has happened for a patient with recurrent glioblastoma.

Scott Pelley: And there's no cancer in this picture at all--

Dr. Annick Desjardins: And we don't see any cancer, active cancer cells in this tumor at all.
She is cancer free. The only thing that remains is this hole, which is an artifact of an early surgery.

Dr. Henry Friedman: We clearly are producing a very, very significant benefit. We've got an increase in median survival of over six months, which is huge in glioblastoma.

Scott Pelley: Six months doesn't sound like very much.

Dr. Henry Friedman: I know-- it doesn't sound like much. But that's just-- that's just the midpoint. So we've got patients that are out as far as 33, 34 months. That is just unheard of in this disease.

Dr. Darell Bigner is the head of the study and of Duke's Brain Tumor Center. He's been fighting brain cancer 50 years and he told us he has never seen results like those in patients Fritz Andersen and Stephanie Lipscomb.

Scott Pelley: I wonder of all the trials and all of the theories and all of the treatments that you have hoped for all of these years, how does this stack up?

Dr. Henry Friedman: This, to me, is the most promising therapy I've seen in my career, period.

Scott Pelley: A turning point in cancer care?

Dr. Henry Friedman: I hope so. I think it may well be

Upvote 0