Aug 24, 2003
Surrey
Visit site
✟7,764.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
This is the forum I use the most, so I thought i might as well post here! Anyway...

I got the GOD channel today, for free! It just appeared. And I'm shocked, it has to be one of most blasphemous things I have ever seen! Everything that was being said from the bible was completly out of context and so so twisted. How can people watch this?

I watched in shock, just wondering how christians let this be broadcast? Does anyone disagree? Any similar views?

Molloyboy

The one and the same
Aug 24, 2003
Surrey
Visit site
✟7,764.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Its a worldwide channel i think. They preach about money and using old testament law, in order to raise money. They had an alter, asking people to come lay a money offering on it. And if they do they will get specific Easter blessings from the passover?!

Upvote 0

peanutbutter12

Senior Veteran
Oct 14, 2002
✟21,537.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Its a worldwide channel i think. They preach about money and using old testament law, in order to raise money. They had an alter, asking people to come lay a money offering on it. And if they do they will get specific Easter blessings from the passover?!
Heh, reminds me of those late night things on tv. "Send us your donation and we will send you a vile of water that has been blessed by God and will make great things happen in your life". Some of those fools are amusing to watch... for about 10 seconds.

CJ

Upvote 0

Blank123

Legend
Dec 6, 2003
✟56,875.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
all i had to see was the name Benny Hinn and the pushing of their viewers to send them money to know its off the wall.

right now i'm watching a live broadcast of a show thats teaching us how to gain God's favour and apparantly the only reason to forgive, pray, read the Bible, etc... is to gain the favour of God :doh:

and apparantly you have to respect all spiritual leaders in order to find favour with God - cults 101 people...

Upvote 0

Blank123

Legend
Dec 6, 2003
✟56,875.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
this is why there are organisations like CARM and why God places people in the church with discernment as watchmen for the other believers. I don't think any one person or organisation would be able to bring down the network (if that were possible there's be no CBN today) but those people and those organisations do serve well as a good sounding alarm to those people who love truth but have been or are being sucked in.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

n0va

Sep 19, 2004
Belfast
✟15,168.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Most televangelists preach the prosperity and water down the Bible just to make it attractive. The preachers on the God channel are very similar to those "self-help" groups, like that teach you how to excel in wealth, health, career etc. I dont think it's a healthy channel to watch..

Upvote 0