alshawitz
✟15,356.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
The True Gifts of the Spirit are LOVE. People say the fruits are against the gifts. Like you can only have one or the other? DOn't we realize that we need both? Both are from the Holy Spirit who is Love. SO why would the Spirit not like something that was also OF THE SPIRIT. People are afraid of gifts but they shouldn't try to cancel them with the Fruits. The gifts are God loving you in messages and healings. The Fruits are you loving Him. The Best way to describe it is you need them.

quietbloke

Brother in Christ
Site Supporter
Jun 30, 2006
England
✟807,383.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Love is certainly something that God gives to us and is certainly a fruit that develops within through the nature of Christ that grows within us by the abiding Holy Spirit when we are born anew. It is not a 'spiritual gift in the same way as the gifts of the Spirit which are distributed as the Holy Spirit Wills,after we are filled with the Spirit. All should be done in love.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Biblicist

Full Gospel believer
Mar 27, 2011
Melbourne, Australia
✟51,094.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Love is certainly something that God gives to us and is certainly a fruit that developed within through the nature of Christ that grows within us by the abiding Holy Spirit when we are born anew. It is not a 'spiritual gift in the same way as the gifts of the Spirit which are distributed as the Holy Spirit Wills,after we are filled with the Spirit. All should be done in love.
So, if it is God (being the Father) who gives us love, does this occur when we are first Born Again, or does it happen each and every time that we need to show any care, concern, grace (each being love) for another; or is our love something that each of us needs to outwork/demonstrate on a daily basis as we walk in the Spirit.

My second point would be, does the Holy Spirit, the Son and the Father each “give” certain things, such as love or peace, or are these things all the outworkings of the one and same Holy Spirit.

Upvote 0
Jun 27, 2012
alshawitz
✟15,356.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
What Im saying is that the gifts of the Spirit coencide with the Fruits. You cannot say that the gifts are devoid of Love or other fruits. They are God showing His love to us. Tell someone who was healed by God that it had no Love in it and see if they believe you.

Upvote 0

Biblicist

Full Gospel believer
Mar 27, 2011
Melbourne, Australia
✟51,094.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
What Im saying is that the gifts of the Spirit coencide with the Fruits. You cannot say that the gifts are devoid of Love or other fruits. They are God showing His love to us. Tell someone who was healed by God that it had no Love in it and see if they believe you.
Aah . . . now I undersand. When I first read your OP it seemed that you were dismissing the Manifestations of the Spirit, where love alone replaced them as 'gifts'.

Upvote 0

Biblicist

Full Gospel believer
Mar 27, 2011
Melbourne, Australia
✟51,094.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
All love comes from God though our Lord Jesus Christ by the Holy Spirit.
Okay, did this occur at our Initiation-Conversion or does God somehow hand love down to Jesus, who then passes it on to the Holy Spirit who then gives it to us during each day when we maybe need to show some love?

Trinitarian Theology can be absolutely wonderful at times (where there are also those times where it can maybe bring on a migraine or two), but in this particular situation I was wondering if we receive any amount of love from the Godhead on an "as needs" basis, or should this love be resident within us as a result of the indwelling presence of the Holy Spirit from the moment of our New Birth.

Upvote 0

quietbloke

Brother in Christ
Site Supporter
Jun 30, 2006
England
✟807,383.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Okay, did this occur at our Initiation-Conversion or does God somehow hand love down to Jesus, who then passes it on to the Holy Spirit who then gives it to us during each day when we maybe need to show some love?

Trinitarian Theology can be absolutely wonderful at times (where there are also those times where it can maybe bring on a migraine or two), but in this particular situation I was wondering if we receive any amount of love from the Godhead on an "as needs" basis, or should this love be resident within us as a result of the indwelling presence of the Holy Spirit from the moment of our New Birth.
Hi friend, God's love is freely offered to us through Jesus,who died and lives for us. God comes in to our lives through Jesus,by the operation of the Holy Spirit when we receive the gift of salvation. The fruit of the Spirit,which flows from love,develops in us as we grow in Christ.

Upvote 0

now faith

Veteran
Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2011
florida
✟257,472.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Hi friend, God's love is freely offered to us through Jesus,who died and lives for us. God comes in to our lives through Jesus,by the operation of the Holy Spirit when we receive the gift of salvation. The fruit of the Spirit,which flows from love,develops in us as we grow in Christ.

He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love.”

God is love,everything we are through Father Son and Holy Ghost was first manifested by God ,nothing we do can be successful if we do not know that God is love and we are his vessel for his glory.

Reactions: quietbloke
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

now faith

Veteran
Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2011
florida
✟257,472.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married

Trinitarian Theology can be absolutely wonderful at times (where there are also those times where it can maybe bring on a migraine or two), but in this particular situation I was wondering if we receive any amount of love from the Godhead on an "as needs" basis, or should this love be resident within us as a result of the indwelling presence of the Holy Spirit from the moment of our New Birth.[/QUOTE

There is one thing I may say:
Though trinity is not exactly mentioned in God's Word,God's Word is clear on the Godhead being three.

Yet God is one I would not consider the term Trinity a theological study, I would consider it truth.

Can I fully grasp this in my mind?
Only by faith through God's Word Christ Jesus.

Upvote 0

Biblicist

Full Gospel believer
Mar 27, 2011
Melbourne, Australia
✟51,094.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
There is one thing I may say:
Though trinity is not exactly mentioned in God's Word,God's Word is clear on the Godhead being three.
Yet God is one I would not consider the term Trinity a theological study, I would consider it truth.
Can I fully grasp this in my mind?
Only by faith through God's Word Christ Jesus.
As theology is the "study of God and with his nature",then I would have thought that any theological study of the Trinity (which is about God) would make this the quintessential topic within theology.

No matter how well someone can grasp the various subjects that come under the umbrella of Theolgy, unless we have a solid grasp of Trinitarian theology then we could never refer to ourselves as being a theologian.

Upvote 0

now faith

Veteran
Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2011
florida
✟257,472.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
As theology is the "study of God and with his nature",then I would have thought that any theological study of the Trinity (which is about God) would make this the quintessential topic within theology.

No matter how well someone can grasp the various subjects that come under the umbrella of Theolgy, unless we have a solid grasp of Trinitarian theology then we could never refer to ourselves as being a theologian.

Due to the diverse ideas of theology, the Theologian at some point must use theroy based on supposition in the same manner as scientist would experiment due to a lack of Spirtual dicernment.
I do not believe you read the Bible,I believe the Bible reads you.

Can we compare the Trinity to ourselves?
Yes.

I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ (1 Thessalonians 5:23).

For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any two edged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow (body), and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart (Hebrews 4:12).

We are made in the image of God (Father, Son ,Holy Spirit ) three yet one.
When I said is hard to wrap your head around I look at Human beings.

Do we work in one accord with our Body Soul and Spirit?
Can we divide into omnipresence?
No.

Upvote 0

Biblicist

Full Gospel believer
Mar 27, 2011
Melbourne, Australia
✟51,094.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Due to the diverse ideas of theology, the Theologian at some point must use theroy based on supposition in the same manner as scientist would experiment due to a lack of Spirtual dicernment.
I do not believe you read the Bible,I believe the Bible reads you.
I'm not all that sure how the Written Word of God can "read us" but I am more than confident that the Holy Spirit is able to speak to us as we read and theologise on the Scriptures.

Can we compare the Trinity to ourselves?
Yes.
No, absolutely not!

From a theological perspective you are of course speaking from within a highly or over realised trichotomous position which probably reflects a distinctive wof flavour; where I see the Scriptures as speaking from a dichotomous, or more properly, from within a functional-dichotomous position. This means that I do not accept that there is a distinct and separate human spirit but that when the Scriptures speak of our spirit that they are speaking of our attitudes, temperament and behaviour. This last sentence takes me from being a standard dichotomist to one who is a functional-dichotomist.

When we are Born Again we of course receive the Holy Spirit, where we then became what could be deemed to be a 'type' of triune being where the Holy Spirit resides within (or maybe alongside) our soul and body; thus we have Holy Spirit + Body + spirit (or senses and attitudes etc).

. . . Do we work in one accord with our Body Soul and Spirit?
Can we divide into omnipresence?
No.
I’m not completely sure what you mean here, but I would definitely agree that our body and soul is not omnipresent as this is a characteristic of the members of the Godhead and certainly with that of the Holy Spirit. As for our body, soul and spirit working with one accord, and particularly with that of the Holy Spirit I would say no, as our body and soul is still in opposition to that of the Holy Spirit which will only be fully solved when we are with the Lord.

Upvote 0

now faith

Veteran
Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2011
florida
✟257,472.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
I'm not all that sure how the Written Word of God can "read us" but I am more than confident that the Holy Spirit is able to speak to us as we read and theologise on the Scriptures.

No, absolutely not!

From a theological perspective you are of course speaking from within a highly or over realised trichotomous position which probably reflects a distinctive wof flavour; where I see the Scriptures as speaking from a dichotomous, or more properly, from within a functional-dichotomous position. This means that I do not accept that there is a distinct and separate human spirit but that when the Scriptures speak of our spirit that they are speaking of our attitudes, temperament and behaviour. This last sentence takes me from being a standard dichotomist to one who is a functional-dichotomist.

When we are Born Again we of course receive the Holy Spirit, where we then became what could be deemed to be a 'type' of triune being where the Holy Spirit resides within (or maybe alongside) our soul and body; thus we have Holy Spirit + Body + spirit (or senses and attitudes etc).

I’m not completely sure what you mean here, but I would definitely agree that our body and soul is not omnipresent as this is a characteristic of the members of the Godhead and certainly with that of the Holy Spirit. As for our body, soul and spirit working with one accord, and particularly with that of the Holy Spirit I would say no, as our body and soul is still in opposition to that of the Holy Spirit which will only be fully solved when we are with the Lord.

Point one : we are saying the same thing with the exception of my use of Symantec narrative.

Point two: Romans: 8. 14. For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God. 15. For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father. 16. The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:

Ecclesiastes: 12. 6. Or ever the silver cord be loosed, or the golden bowl be broken, or the pitcher be broken at the fountain, or the wheel broken at the cistern. 7. Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was: and the spirit shall return unto God who gave it.
1 Corinthians: 14. 2. For he that speaketh in an unknown tongue speaketh not unto men, but unto God: for no man understandeth him; howbeit in the spirit he speaketh mysteries.

1 Thessalonians: 5. 23. And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Hebrews: 4. 12. For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart. 13. Neither is there any creature that is not manifest in his sight: but all things are naked and opened unto the eyes of him with whom we have to do.

I may have misunderstood your statement,if I am correct you are stating man does not have a Spirit he only possesses a persona or idenity.

If this is the case according to scripture you have presented a Dichotomy paradox.

Point three : God's Word states that through Christ we have become Sons of God,I will for go verse for now.
The question is if God said let us go down and create man in our own image,is God three beings yet one?

Then through adoption through Christ we are ready United with God being called Sons.
Is a son a created life that has the blood of his father ?

I will think on this for a while,God Bless

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums