NewCreation17

Jan 27, 2015
✟11,722.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
John 3:16
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

GOD LOVES US SO MUCH, He has given unto us the ministry of reconciliation, back unto His loving arms by repentance and faith in the gospel of Jesus Christ the risen savior! The work of the cross of Jesus Christ is a complete work, and I pray by the end of this short compilation of GOD’s word, you will see the truth. (GOD’s word is truth) and never forget that GOD is merciful, and wherever you are, GOD loves you and it is written in 1 John 1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness

When I was young I was never truly taught the full work of the Cross and gospel of Jesus Christ. It is a full and complete work GOD has done! One that saves us by faith in Christ Jesus and washes your sins away in His blood giving you the righteousness of GOD which is by faith in Christ Jesus, AND GOD gives His children in Christ the Holy Spirit which is the power to destroy those sins in your life that Christ went to the cross for, so your old man (sinful nature&flesh with its lusts and affections) CAN be crucified with Christ, you past buried with Him, and you can be resurrected with Him as a new creature, walking in newness of life, after the Spirit and not the Flesh! (scriptures all below)

(How I was filled with the Holy Spirit, confirmed by the word of GOD.) I simply truly repented of my sins and believed on Jesus Christ as the scripture hath said.

Mark 1:14-15 (KJV)
Now after that John was put in prison , Jesus came into Galilee, preaching the gospel of the kingdom of God, And saying * , The time is fulfilled , and the kingdom of God is at hand : repent ye , and believe * the gospel.
John 7:38 (KJV)
38 He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water.
(But this spake he of the Spirit, which they that believe on him should receive: for the Holy Ghost was not yet given; because that Jesus was not yet glorified.)

Acts 2:38(KJV)
Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost. (Gentiles and those among all nations are baptized in the name of The Father, The Son, and The Holy Ghost because we needed to believe on all 3 of the trinity, we were lost and without GOD in the world and no idea who the true and the living GOD was and is. Peter was speaking to Jewish people who already believed on GOD and the Holy Ghost, they only had a problem believing on Jesus Christ as the Son of GOD, that’s why Peter only told them to be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ.)

After I truly repented(wanted to give up all sin from the heart and live for GOD), and believed on Jesus Christ as the scriptures hath said, I was filled with the Holy Spirit, and had a true spiritual experience, the Holy Spirit came in and filled me, and I spoke in tongues later in prayer!

Then!

The power of the Holy Spirit helped me put to death the deeds of my flesh AKA sin. The Bible told me my flesh must be put to death, but I needed power to do that (the Holy Ghost). And now, I have the power to never walk after the flesh again, to never go back to ANY of the sins I once did.
Romans 8:8(KJV) “So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God. But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.
Romans 8:13(KJV) " 13 For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live.

GOD will fill you with the Holy Spirit. If you ask Him in Jesus name! But if you have any sins you have not repented of that will prevent you from being filled. Why give you the power to do something you don’t want to do? (destroy the sin in your life.) (TRUE repentance means you are truly willing and ready to stop sinning against GOD, the sin could even be an object or activity you are putting before GOD. You do NOT have the power by yourself to stop or let go of sin, you NEED GOD to deliver you by His power, the Holy Spirit) and keep you!
Luke 11:13
If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children: how much more shall your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to them that ask him?

We MUST put to death the sin in our life by the power of the Holy Ghost. Ask yourself this, would you keep on sinning if GOD gave you the power to stop, And He never let you be tempted beyond what ye are able to bear?(1 Corinthians 10:13 KJV) GOD does BOTH of these things with the full gospel of Jesus Christ, Now it makes perfect sense why John wrote this in 1 John 3.
1 John 3:4-8(KJV)
And ye know that he was manifested to take away our sins; and in him is no sin. Whosoever abideth in him sinneth not: whosoever sinneth hath not seen him, neither known him. Little children, let no man deceive you: he that doeth righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous. He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.

Galatians 5:24-25(KJV)
And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts. If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.
Romans 8:12-13(KJV)
Therefore, brethren, we are debtors, not to the flesh, to live after the flesh. For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live.
Galatians 5:16-17
This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh. For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would.(To stay in the Spirit, you have to read you bible, pray every day and also fast on occasion, there is a huge difference in me when I have not read the Bible or prayed that morning or afternoon.)
Like me when I was younger, people have not been taught the truth and the fullness of GOD’s Word, and have no idea what true salvation in Christ Jesus offers. Others have heaped to themselves teachers with itching ears wanting to believe that there is no way to stop sinning because of this evil body, but that is a lie.
II Timothy 4:3(KJV)
For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears; And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.

You must take up your cross daily, say no to sin and yes to GOD, and the Holy Spirit gives you the power to follow through! We are Soldiers, fighting the good fight of faith, narrow is the path that leadeth unto life and few there be that find it.
1 John 2:1
My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:

GOD is so merciful, the above writings are not saying that no one ever falls or never commits a sin after being filled with the Holy Ghost in Christ Jesus, many people in the churches that Paul and Peter and John wrote to had fallen or had committed a sin after being filled with the Holy Spirit and repented and were forgiven, even Jesus tells people in the church of Ephesus to repent from whence thou art fallen, repent and continue pressing and fighting the good fight! (Revelations 2:5 Remember therefore from whence thou art fallen, and repent, and do the first works; or else I will come unto thee quickly, and will remove thy candlestick out of his place, except thou repent. David in the old testament commited adultery, and repented, and we know he made it into heaven because he was in the faith chapter in Hebrews 11. (The Holy Spirit was given to a select few in the old testament, but now…GOD has poured out His Spirit upon all flesh!) Psalm 51:11 Cast me not away from thy presence; and take not thy holy spirit from me.

So again Jesus Christ said
Except thou repent. GOD is so merciful and kind, He wants you to be with Him forever in paradise experiencing the fullness of His love and compassion and mercy, and if any man sin we have an advocate with the Father Jesus Christ the righteous who loves us.

Now crucifying the flesh is one part, and keeping GOD’s commandments in love is another part. We need to let our lights shine, and do good works and love one another!
GOD will judge those that are children of GOD and filled with the Holy Spirit first! Faith and works go hand in hand.

1 Peter 4:17-18(KJV)
17 For the time is come that judgment must begin at the house of God: and if it first begin at us, what shall the end be of them that obey not the gospel of God? And if the righteous scarcely be saved, where shall the ungodly and the sinner appear?

Being Lukewarm, having un-forgiveness, having no works with their faith and not keeping the commandments of GOD is keeping people from heaven also not just outward sin. (EXAMPLE: Matthew 25:41-46 (KJV)

Hebrews 4:1 and vs 11(KJV)
Let us therefore fear, lest, a promise being left us of entering into his rest, any of you should seem to come short of it.
And again in verse 11.
11 Let us labour therefore to enter into that rest, lest any man fall after the same example of unbelief.

Faith without works is dead. (James 2:17 KJV) We must work, and labour to enter into the rest of GOD. GOD has told us of the unprofitable servant who had a talent from GOD but did nothing with it and was cast into the fire (Matthew 25:14-30 KJV). We must do works meet for repentance. (Acts 26:20.) Every one in Christ Jesus that does not bring forth fruit will be taken away from the vine.
John 15:2
Every branch in me that beareth not fruit he taketh away: and every branch that beareth fruit, he purgeth it, that it may bring forth more fruit.
Jesus speaks to the church of Ephesus in revelations and makes it clear what will happen if they continue without their first works.
Revelations 2:4-5 (KJV)
Nevertheless I have somewhat against thee, because thou hast left thy first love.5 Remember therefore from whence thou art fallen, and repent, and do the first works; or else I will come unto thee quickly, and will remove thy candlestick out of his place, except thou repent.
GOD loves us and has given us everything we need by and in Christ Jesus because He loves us, and all we have to do is repent, believe on the gospel of Jesus Christ, put to death the sins of your flesh by the Holy Spirit and keep GOD’s commandments, and continue steadfast in the faith until Jesus Christ returns or we sleep (die). Do a quick google search of all GOD’s commandments in the New Testament so you can meditate and do what please GOD!
1 John 15:3 (KJV)
For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous. For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith. Who is he that overcometh the world, but he that believeth that Jesus is the Son of God?
Spiritual Warfare is what I desire to write next, we are soldiers because we are in a war, (which is won already in Christ), but we must keep the faith and continue standing and watching, waiting for the coming of the Lord Jesus Christ!
Ephesians 6:12
For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

Reactions: PrettyboyAndy

twin1954

Baptist by the Bible
Jun 12, 2011
✟86,544.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

GOD LOVES US SO MUCH, He has given unto us the ministry of reconciliation, back unto His loving arms by repentance and faith in the gospel of Jesus Christ the risen savior! The work of the cross of Jesus Christ is a complete work, and I pray by the end of this short compilation of GOD’s word, you will see the truth. (GOD’s word is truth) and never forget that GOD is merciful, and wherever you are, GOD loves you and it is written in 1 John 1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness

When I was young I was never truly taught the full work of the Cross and gospel of Jesus Christ. It is a full and complete work GOD has done! One that saves us by faith in Christ Jesus and washes your sins away in His blood giving you the righteousness of GOD which is by faith in Christ Jesus, AND GOD gives His children in Christ the Holy Spirit which is the power to destroy those sins in your life that Christ went to the cross for, so your old man (sinful nature&flesh with its lusts and affections) CAN be crucified with Christ, you past buried with Him, and you can be resurrected with Him as a new creature, walking in newness of life, after the Spirit and not the Flesh! (scriptures all below)

(How I was filled with the Holy Spirit, confirmed by the word of GOD.) I simply truly repented of my sins and believed on Jesus Christ as the scripture hath said.

Now after that John was put in prison , Jesus came into Galilee, preaching the gospel of the kingdom of God, And saying * , The time is fulfilled , and the kingdom of God is at hand : repent ye , and believe * the gospel.
38 He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water.
(But this spake he of the Spirit, which they that believe on him should receive: for the Holy Ghost was not yet given; because that Jesus was not yet glorified.)

Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost. (Gentiles and those among all nations are baptized in the name of The Father, The Son, and The Holy Ghost because we needed to believe on all 3 of the trinity, we were lost and without GOD in the world and no idea who the true and the living GOD was and is. Peter was speaking to Jewish people who already believed on GOD and the Holy Ghost, they only had a problem believing on Jesus Christ as the Son of GOD, that’s why Peter only told them to be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ.)

After I truly repented(wanted to give up all sin from the heart and live for GOD), and believed on Jesus Christ as the scriptures hath said, I was filled with the Holy Spirit, and had a true spiritual experience, the Holy Spirit came in and filled me, and I spoke in tongues later in prayer!

Then!

The power of the Holy Spirit helped me put to death the deeds of my flesh AKA sin. The Bible told me my flesh must be put to death, but I needed power to do that (the Holy Ghost). And now, I have the power to never walk after the flesh again, to never go back to ANY of the sins I once did.
Romans 8:8(KJV) “So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God. But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.
Romans 8:13(KJV) " 13 For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live.

GOD will fill you with the Holy Spirit. If you ask Him in Jesus name! But if you have any sins you have not repented of that will prevent you from being filled. Why give you the power to do something you don’t want to do? (destroy the sin in your life.) (TRUE repentance means you are truly willing and ready to stop sinning against GOD, the sin could even be an object or activity you are putting before GOD. You do NOT have the power by yourself to stop or let go of sin, you NEED GOD to deliver you by His power, the Holy Spirit) and keep you!
If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children: how much more shall your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to them that ask him?

We MUST put to death the sin in our life by the power of the Holy Ghost. Ask yourself this, would you keep on sinning if GOD gave you the power to stop, And He never let you be tempted beyond what ye are able to bear?(1 Corinthians 10:13 KJV) GOD does BOTH of these things with the full gospel of Jesus Christ, Now it makes perfect sense why John wrote this in 1 John 3.
And ye know that he was manifested to take away our sins; and in him is no sin. Whosoever abideth in him sinneth not: whosoever sinneth hath not seen him, neither known him. Little children, let no man deceive you: he that doeth righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous. He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.

And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts. If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.
Therefore, brethren, we are debtors, not to the flesh, to live after the flesh. For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live.
This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh. For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would.(To stay in the Spirit, you have to read you bible, pray every day and also fast on occasion, there is a huge difference in me when I have not read the Bible or prayed that morning or afternoon.)
Like me when I was younger, people have not been taught the truth and the fullness of GOD’s Word, and have no idea what true salvation in Christ Jesus offers. Others have heaped to themselves teachers with itching ears wanting to believe that there is no way to stop sinning because of this evil body, but that is a lie.
For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears; And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.

You must take up your cross daily, say no to sin and yes to GOD, and the Holy Spirit gives you the power to follow through! We are Soldiers, fighting the good fight of faith, narrow is the path that leadeth unto life and few there be that find it.
My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:

GOD is so merciful, the above writings are not saying that no one ever falls or never commits a sin after being filled with the Holy Ghost in Christ Jesus, many people in the churches that Paul and Peter and John wrote to had fallen or had committed a sin after being filled with the Holy Spirit and repented and were forgiven, even Jesus tells people in the church of Ephesus to repent from whence thou art fallen, repent and continue pressing and fighting the good fight! (Revelations 2:5 Remember therefore from whence thou art fallen, and repent, and do the first works; or else I will come unto thee quickly, and will remove thy candlestick out of his place, except thou repent. David in the old testament commited adultery, and repented, and we know he made it into heaven because he was in the faith chapter in Hebrews 11. (The Holy Spirit was given to a select few in the old testament, but now…GOD has poured out His Spirit upon all flesh!) Psalm 51:11 Cast me not away from thy presence; and take not thy holy spirit from me.

Except thou repent. GOD is so merciful and kind, He wants you to be with Him forever in paradise experiencing the fullness of His love and compassion and mercy, and if any man sin we have an advocate with the Father Jesus Christ the righteous who loves us.

Now crucifying the flesh is one part, and keeping GOD’s commandments in love is another part. We need to let our lights shine, and do good works and love one another!
GOD will judge those that are children of GOD and filled with the Holy Spirit first! Faith and works go hand in hand.

17 For the time is come that judgment must begin at the house of God: and if it first begin at us, what shall the end be of them that obey not the gospel of God? And if the righteous scarcely be saved, where shall the ungodly and the sinner appear?

Being Lukewarm, having un-forgiveness, having no works with their faith and not keeping the commandments of GOD is keeping people from heaven also not just outward sin. (EXAMPLE: Matthew 25:41-46 (KJV)

Let us therefore fear, lest, a promise being left us of entering into his rest, any of you should seem to come short of it.
And again in verse 11.
11 Let us labour therefore to enter into that rest, lest any man fall after the same example of unbelief.

Faith without works is dead. (James 2:17 KJV) We must work, and labour to enter into the rest of GOD. GOD has told us of the unprofitable servant who had a talent from GOD but did nothing with it and was cast into the fire (Matthew 25:14-30 KJV). We must do works meet for repentance. (Acts 26:20.) Every one in Christ Jesus that does not bring forth fruit will be taken away from the vine.
Every branch in me that beareth not fruit he taketh away: and every branch that beareth fruit, he purgeth it, that it may bring forth more fruit.
Jesus speaks to the church of Ephesus in revelations and makes it clear what will happen if they continue without their first works.
Nevertheless I have somewhat against thee, because thou hast left thy first love.5 Remember therefore from whence thou art fallen, and repent, and do the first works; or else I will come unto thee quickly, and will remove thy candlestick out of his place, except thou repent.
GOD loves us and has given us everything we need by and in Christ Jesus because He loves us, and all we have to do is repent, believe on the gospel of Jesus Christ, put to death the sins of your flesh by the Holy Spirit and keep GOD’s commandments, and continue steadfast in the faith until Jesus Christ returns or we sleep (die). Do a quick google search of all GOD’s commandments in the New Testament so you can meditate and do what please GOD!
For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous. For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith. Who is he that overcometh the world, but he that believeth that Jesus is the Son of God?
Spiritual Warfare is what I desire to write next, we are soldiers because we are in a war, (which is won already in Christ), but we must keep the faith and continue standing and watching, waiting for the coming of the Lord Jesus Christ!
For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
Troll in the Baptist area much?

You are obviously Pentecostal or at the very least Charismatic. You do not belong here with your perfectionism gospel.

Upvote 0

OzSpen

Oct 15, 2005
Brisbane, Qld., Australia
Visit site
✟125,343.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private

Then!

And again in verse 11.

You have included a lot of material here. However, I'm unsure on the specifics you want to discuss. Could you please state briefly what discussion you want us to engage with you?

Oz

Oz

Upvote 0

nonaeroterraqueous

Nonexistent Member
Aug 16, 2014
✟188,987.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Troll in the Baptist area much?

You are obviously Pentecostal or at the very least Charismatic. You do not belong here with your perfectionism gospel.

Don't worry; he posted a copy of this thread in the Pentecostal forum, also (one of three. Could be a spamming offence). You might be surprised how many Pentecostals attend Baptist churches, though. They usually get bored and leave after a while. Nice folks. I hate to see them go.

Upvote 0