Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
✟2,160.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Politics
US-Republican
1 Cor.15:23, "Every man in his own order: Christ the first fruits; afterward they that are Christ's at his coming."

Depending on how a person would interpret "at his coming" it would make the difference on their point of view. When Christ died, he was ressurrected from the dead by the power of the Father and the Holy Spirit. In this he (Jesus) returned (this was his first coming) in a glorified body.

Matt.27:52-53, "The graves were opened; and many bodies of the saints which slept (had died) arose. And (they) came out of the graves AFTER his (Jesus) resurrection, and went into the holy city and appeared unto many."

The word many means a multitude, and they were witnessed by many.

Now if we compare this to what is said in

Heb.9:27, "And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment." Ver.28, "And unto them that look for him (Jesus) shall he appear the second time without sin unto salvation."

Note "second time."

Obviously these in Matt.27 have to be the first of "Every man in his own order." Also in Rev.14:4, it speaks of the 144,000 who are said to be, "The first-fruits unto God and to the Lamb."

These obviously are not the General resurrection of the Christian Church spoken of in 1 Thes.4:16-17, nor are they those spoken of in Rev.20:4.

Those in Rev. may be the first of those raised after the tribulation and when the 1000 years are finished at the White Throne judgment the rest (second part) of this particular part of the reserruction will be finished.

But those in Matt. are the first-fruit, the first raised from the dead unto the Father. And I have always believed these are the ones marked by God in their foreheads in Rev.7.

Phil LaSpino

Upvote 0

parousia70

Livin' in yesterday's tomorrow
Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟799,454.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
When Christ died, he was ressurrected from the dead by the power of the Father and the Holy Spirit. In this he (Jesus) returned (this was his first coming) in a glorified body.

He did not come out of the grave in a glorified Body, He emerged from the grave in the self same body that died on the cross. there was nothing different about it, save the fact it could not be put to death again.

Christ's body was not glorified until the ascension.

Upvote 0

ebedmelech

My dog Micah in the pic
Site Supporter
Jul 3, 2012
✟187,689.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I voted other. The first resurrection is when we are born again. I base that on these passages:

*Romans 6:1-11

*Ephesians 2:1-7

*Colossians 2:20-3:4

The first resurrection raises us up with Christ Spiritually...we are no longer dead spiritually...WE ARE ALIVE IN CHRIST!!!

Upvote 0