Loner

Dec 31, 2005
Mars =)
✟15,954.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
I hope I spelled that right, but a while ago the persident of China came to the US and woman from china screamed at him, demanding that he stop repressing a group that called it self the Fallen Gong. All I kown about it is that its the fastest growing religous group in china and thats about it. So who are the Fallen Gong and what do they belive?

vajradhara

Diamond Thunderbolt of Indestructable Wisdom
Jun 25, 2003
Dharmadhatu
✟19,720.00
Faith
Buddhist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Namaste loner,

Falun Gong is a sect of Buddhist praxis, at least in an historical context.

here's what Wiki has to say:

Falun Gong, (Traditional Chinese: 法輪功; Simplified Chinese: 法轮功; pinyin: Fǎlún Gōng; literally "Practice of the Wheel of Law") also known as Falun Dafa, (Traditional Chinese: 法輪大法; Simplified Chinese: 法轮大法; pinyin: Fǎlún dàfǎ; lit. "Great Law of the Wheel of Law") is a system of mind and body cultivation introduced by Li Hongzhi (surname is Li) to the public in 1992. Falun Gong refers to five sets of meditation exercises (four standing, and one sitting meditation).

[1] In Zhuan Falun, the Dafa is introduced this way: “Our Falun Dafa is one of the eighty-four thousand cultivation ways in the Buddha School. During the historical period of this human civilization, it has never been made public. In a prehistoric period, however, it was once widely used to provide salvation to humankind. In this final period of Last Havoc, I am making it public again. Therefore, it is extremely precious."[2]

In recent years, added emphasis has been placed on the concept of Fa-Rectification.[3]
Falun Gong has been the focus of international controversy since the government of the People's Republic of China began a nationwide suppression of Falun Gong on July 20, 1999. The Chinese government claims to have banned the group for its illegal activities.[4] The Falun Gong claims the ban was a result of President of the People's Republic of China Jiang Zemin’s personal jealousy of the group’s popularity.[5] The suppression of Falun Gong is considered a human rights violation mainly by western human rights groups and politicians.
The exact number of Falun Gong practitioners is not known. A figure of 70 million practitioners was quoted in a New York Times article published April 27, 1999. According to the article, this figure was the estimate of Chinese government.[6] According to a statement posted on November 1, 1999 the membership estimated by Beijing was 2.1 million.[7] A main Falun Gong website states a figure of 100 million practitioners worldwide, including 70 million in China.[5]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Falun_Gong

you can also visit thier website to get it straight from the source, so to speak:

http://www.falundafa.org/eng/overview.htm

metta,

~v

Upvote 0

LordoftheLeftHand

Jun 6, 2006
✟15,226.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Loner said:
I hope I spelled that right, but a while ago the persident of China came to the US and woman from china screamed at him, demanding that he stop repressing a group that called it self the Fallen Gong. All I kown about it is that its the fastest growing religous group in china and thats about it. So who are the Fallen Gong and what do they belive?

They are a group of religious nut jobs that the Chinese government is cracking down on. While I despise religious nut jobs (wink, wink), the right to believe what ever garbage you want should be important!

LLH

Upvote 0