Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
If you think the issue is the mere fact that they are prosecuting Trump at all, then you fail to understand the issue. The issue is not their prosecution of Trump but rather the timing thereof (2023-2024). They could have done it in 2022 or else 2025, but they pulled the trigger on this during an election. That is the issue (election interference), and it most certainly is politics.

March-Aug 2023, when the indictments were filed, is not “during an election.” If their proximity to an election were such a hindrance to Trump’s 2024 campaign, why does he continually seek to delay the trials instead of seeking to expedite them?

Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟732,454.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others

I don't know about the Hunter stuff.

But I certainly don't want Joe to run again. My reasoning is simple: I don't want to vote for him. But I get the feeling that I'm going to have to.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟732,454.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
March-Aug 2023, when the indictments were filed, is not “during an election.” If their proximity to an election were such a hindrance to Trump’s 2024 campaign, why does he continually seek to delay the trials instead of seeking to expedite them?

Am I being obnoxiously too obvious if I let the cat out of the bag? It's obvious that Trump wants delays he's betting all his chips on winning in 2024, and then being un-prosecutable through presidential immunity. I mean the sky is blue and water is wet, right?

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟897,364.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
I don't know about the Hunter stuff.

But I certainly don't want Joe to run again. My reasoning is simple: I don't want to vote for him. But I get the feeling that I'm going to have to.

-CryptoLutheran
Well you can vote third party or as much as I disagree with this not vote at all if you really hate the viable options that much. Personally, I feel that that people who CHOSE not to vote at all have no right to complain about who gets in office, but as someone on here pointed out and I already knew the first amendment does not work that way.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟732,454.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Well you ca vote third party or as much as I disagree with this not vote at all if you really hate the viable options that much. Personally, I feel that that people who CHOSE not t vote at all have no right to complain about who gets in office, but as someone on here pointed out and I already knew the first amendment does not work that way.

Under our current system third parties aren't viable options. The way we do things when it comes to elections inevitably creates a two-party system. It's been this way basically since the beginning, when political parties first emerged: the Jeffersonian Democratic-Republicans and the Hamiltonian Federalists. Then it was the Democrats and the Whigs, and then it was the Democrats and the Republicans. And we've had these two parties for 160 years now. These two parties have gone through massive changes since the Civil War, in some cases coming to opposing views than they originally had--but these two parties have dominated the political landscape for over a century and a half.

The only way to make a third party viable is either drastically overhaul our electoral process, or replace one of the two parties with a third party--with that new party becoming just the replacement of the old, the same way that we used to have Democrats and Whigs and now we have Democrats and Republicans. In which case we still don't have a viable third party, just a different combination of a two-party system.

Which means strategic voting will continue to be a thing; not voting for who you want, but voting against the person you really don't want.

Want to make third parties viable choices for voters? Change the way we do elections.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟897,364.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Under our current system third parties aren't viable options. The way we do things when it comes to elections inevitably creates a two-party system. It's been this way basically since the beginning, when political parties first emerged: the Jeffersonian Democratic-Republicans and the Hamiltonian Federalists. Then it was the Democrats and the Whigs, and then it was the Democrats and the Republicans. And we've had these two parties for 160 years now. These two parties have gone through massive changes since the Civil War, in some cases coming to opposing views than they originally had--but these two parties have dominated the political landscape for over a century and a half.

The only way to make a third party viable is either drastically overhaul our electoral process, or replace one of the two parties with a third party--with that new party becoming just the replacement of the old, the same way that we used to have Democrats and Whigs and now we have Democrats and Republicans. In which case we still don't have a viable third party, just a different combination of a two-party system.

Which means strategic voting will continue to be a thing; not voting for who you want, but voting against the person you really don't want.

Want to make third parties viable choices for voters? Change the way we do elections.

-CryptoLutheran
We have them though so if you really believe (you being a general you here) that you cannot vote for either party then A there is no law mandating people vote or you can vote third party which if enough people did that would in and of itself make it viable especially if we were to adopt runoffs. I mean think about it even with the EV system if just one state went for a third party that could depending on which state prevent either party from getting to 270. If you again general you feel that you cannot vote for either major party there is nothing that says you have to vote for them or have to vote at all. Now, again if you choose not to vote I want you to keep your mouth shut for two to four years as you chose not to use your voice.

That is why despite my full intent to vote for Trump in the general election I have mad respect for Kennedy because he CHOSE to run how he believed instead of running ( in the end) as opposed to running on a major party ticket once he concluded that he disagreed with their overall platform enough that it did not feel right.

Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟897,364.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
I voted for Donald J. Trump in 2016, 2020, and will do it again in 2024

Trump 2024, MAGA
me too though I will not vote for Trump in the primary.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ReesePiece23

The Peanut Buttery Member.
Sep 17, 2013
✟288,577.00
Faith
Christian
I'd comfortably put a bet on Trump becoming president again. Not because I love him or hate him, I'm just confident that he's determined enough to find a way to win. Sky Bet has him as odds on favorite.

Then again at 40/1, Vivek Ramaswamy would see a good return. I just don't think he's impressing anyone under the age of 30. Not from what I've seen, anyway.

Reactions: Truth7t7
Upvote 0

BPPLEE

Apr 13, 2022
Montgomery
✟142,600.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Correct. The Democrats originally wanted Jeb Bush as the Republican nominee—because a Clinton-versus-Bush contest would be an easy win, right?—and they wanted Trump as a chaos agent to split the Republican base. (According to Hillary's personal office in New York, Bill Clinton talked Trump into running back in May of 2015.)

But it turned out that Bush was weaker than they anticipated and did not survive the Republican primary. After their own tight primary between Hillary and Bernie Sanders, the Hillary campaign pivoted to running against Trump, which should also be an easy win. She would just easily slide into the White House and continue the Obama agenda.

Except for the fact that Trump won—because Democrats had underestimated just how much America loathes Hillary, which Trump used to his advantage. (They also had no plan for dealing with how effectively Trump manipulated the media.) He was supposed to lose, but he won—and Democrats have gone TDS crazy ever since. Although they've been able to reassert their agenda by installing Biden through election interference, he has become wildly unpopular, too. And now here comes Trump again, which is exacerbating their derangement.

That's the whole point of this banana republic garbage. They want Trump to be the nominee in the general election so that, when he starts receiving felony convictions, he is all but guaranteed to lose in the general—thus assuring the expansion of their agenda. They didn't have a strategy if Ted Cruz was the nominee, so they killed his support with a psyop borne on cooked polling data. Now, they are doing it again. While carefully executing their plan for defeating Trump (as a convicted felon), they are running the same kind of polling data psyop to kill support for DeSantis because they have no strategy against DeSantis as the Republican nominee.

I don't see that happening. They WANT you to think that (because they have a path for beating Trump), so they publish these "shocking" polling numbers showing Trump leading Biden, but it's just Democrats begging Br'er Fox, "Please don't throw me into the briar patch!" They know something about that briar patch that Republicans refuse to figure out, for some reason. Here's something else to think about: When Trump is convicted of a felony, multiple states will use that to disqualify him from the ballot. But

From everything I've seen, if Trump is the nominee, the Republicans lose in the general election.

And he demonstrated that in spades with his debate against Newsom. He mopped the floor with their slickest and most articulate substitute (which is why I think accepting that my debate challenge back in August was strategic genius), taking Newsom out of contention.

Trump, on the other hand, lost both debates against a walking vegetable. The first was described as "a hot mess, inside a dumpster fire, inside a train wreck."

It baffles me that anyone interested in seeing a Republican in the White House would even consider voting for Trump. I don't get it.
Agreed

Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

:sighing:
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟691,963.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

"How can you believe that the Democratic party wants Donald Trump to be the Republican nominee when they are burying him under political prosecution?"

The active lawsuits against Donald Trump right now—four indictments consisting of 44 federal charges and 47 state charges, for a total of 91 felonies—are directly related to why Democrats want Trump to be the nominee. Mainstream media will continue publishing inflated poll numbers showing Trump beating Biden in swing states and holding back negative stories until after he wins the Republican nomination. Then the avalanche will start. As Grudem pointed out in his Newsweek op-ed, after winning the nomination there will be month after month of constant bad press revealing embarrassing and damaging new information about Trump (e.g., leaks from legal discovery)—once it's too late for Republicans to replace him. With Trump as the nominee, Democrats are practically assured of winning the general. So, yes, they absolutely want him.

Yes, Americans (and even Democrats) are as tired of Biden as they are of Trump—57% and 56% unfavorable, respectively—but don't think for a minute that Biden will be serving a second term. The polling data that shows Trump leading Biden in key battleground states serve not only to encourage the GOP to make Trump their nominee but also provide the justification for replacing Biden next year, probably before the convention in August (as would impeachment). So, the GOP will be stuck with Trump as their nominee to face a younger, fresher Democrat nominee that independents will like more than Trump, perhaps someone like Gov. Josh Shapiro from Pennsylvania who has strong favorability numbers.

How much bad press does the left and their mainstream media have on Ron DeSantis? To figure that out, rewatch his debate with Gov. Gavin Newsom. They have nothing. Because if they did that's where it would have come out, effectively ending his campaign. There is a reason why the mainstream media are showing DeSantis either not moving or going down in polling. Even as they were forced to publicly admit that he basically won the fourth RNC primary debate, coverage of him never improved and his poll numbers didn't move. Now, why is that? Think carefully.

Because they have nothing on him. DeSantis has held public office since 2012, so dirty laundry on him would have come out by now. Let's not forget that after winning the 2012 Republican primary for Florida's 6th congressional district, he went on to defeat the Democratic nominee in the general election—and then reelection in 2014 and 2016. From the very beginning of his political career, he has a solid track record of winning. They seriously cannot afford DeSantis being the nominee. Look what he did to Florida. He turned it from a toss-up state in 2018 to a solidly red state in 2022, when he again won not only an election but also a reelection with the largest gubernatorial victory in that state since 1982.

Democrats can't afford DeSantis turning even more states red. So, they create and spread this narrative that he can't win the nomination. And Republicans—who I thought had learned something about polls from 2016 onwards (i.e., they're wildly inaccurate tools of propaganda) and had learned from the 2020 pandemic and presidential election that the media just absolutely cannot be trusted—now suddenly trust poll numbers and the media who feed it to them? What happened to their psyop radar detection?

Yes, the left and its mainstream and social media want Trump to be the nominee because, through this banana republic lawfare that Grudem aptly described as "a malicious misuse of the courts as weapons against political opponents," they are practically assured of victory—especially if they get a conviction on any of the 91 felony indictments, because then they also get to run their nominee—and it won't be Biden—against a GOP nominee who is a convicted felon.

If DeSantis is the nominee, not only would the Democrats be screwed but he would also set back their globalist agenda in the U.S. almost two decades.

While I never thought Trump should run in this election, we can't split the vote because we don't think he's the best candidate this year.

We will just have to accept the fact he's burned and work through it.

DeSantis will just have to wait to 2028.

Upvote 0

Postvieww

Believer
Sep 29, 2014
South
✟108,461.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
It baffles me that anyone interested in seeing a Republican in the White House would even consider voting for Trump. I don't get it.
I will proudly vote TRUMP!

Why? Because I believe he is the best shot right now to save this country from the major decline brought on by the current resident.

What I don'r get is this UNNATURAL hatred for Trump who did far more to advance this nation than anyone, yes anyone in recent history.

Biden is a mere puppet who most times he doesn't even know where he is and the whole world recognizes it except for the faithful liberals.

Whats wrong with the current administration? That would be a very long list but let's just look at a few.

1. The current border disaster is a product of willful disregard for the laws of the land and constitutional duties. No Trump did not create this mess.

2. The weaponization of law enforcement is third world tactics.

3. The economy is a mess and everyday people know that even while politicians try to convince them all is well.

There is so much more but these three will be at the top of many peoples mind come Election Day.

Reactions: Truth7t7
Upvote 0

Truth7t7

Dec 20, 2012
✟92,402.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I will proudly vote TRUMP!

Why? Because I believe he is the best shot right now to save this country from the major decline brought on by the current resident.

What I don'r get is this UNNATURAL hatred for Trump who did far more to advance this nation than anyone, yes anyone in recent history.

Biden is a mere puppet who most times he doesn't even know where he is and the whole world recognizes it except for the faithful liberals.

Whats wrong with the current administration? That would be a very long list but let's just look at a few.

1. The current border disaster is a product of willful disregard for the laws of the land and constitutional duties. No Trump did not create this mess.

2. The weaponization of law enforcement is third world tactics.

3. The economy is a mess and everyday people know that even while politicians try to convince them all is well.

There is so much more but these three will be at the top of many peoples mind come Election Day.
Answer:

1.) The liberals hate Trump because of his stance on a conservative Supreme Court now a 6/3 conservative majority and how it's changing their agenda rolling it backwards decades

The Roll back of Roe V. Wade, soon to be reversal of same sex marriage, homosexuals attacking American conservative business in the name of a protected status

The Colorado cake baker "Jack Phillips" example, in court for like 4-6 years on 3 occasions because he wouldn't bake cakes depicting homosexual or transgender marriage

2.) The wealthy elite and neo-cons hate Trump because he has tariffs on many imported good, steel, electronics, pharmaceuticals from China, issues of National security, that is digging into $Profite$ while bringing jobs home to America

Peter Navarro was a point man on Trumps team, they are now prosecuting him for whatever, showing the world what happens if you go against the Cabal

Trump 2024, MAGA

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟368,245.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Then they get to riot when Trump is the next president.
Yeah, remember when Trump beat Biden and Biden sent his followers to the Capitol to riot and stop Trump from being certified as president? Oh, wait...

This is banana republic logic. Drum up charges against your opponent and time those charges for maximum electoral effect.
Yep, remember Clinton's supporters screaming "lock him up!" at the convention? Oh, wait...

Remember President Hillary Clinton throwing a tantrum when her AG told her that she couldn't just order Trump arrested? Oh, wait...

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟368,245.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Biden is why the United States has recovered from the pandemic faster than other nations:

Why has the US recovered more quickly than Europe?

I get why this is a "major decline" for republicans. But it's a very good thing for Americans.

I notice that republicans in the House are screaming that Biden outsmarted them on the budget negotiations. It's amusing; they can't decide whether it's the evil genius Dark Brandon, or senile Joe who keeps outsmarting them. They need to get one story and stick with it.

The current border disaster is a product of willful disregard for the laws of the land and constitutional duties.
Biden has taken steps to correct Trump's bungling on this issue. Unfortunately, republicans have moved to block his request for more border security and his request for more deportation courts to clear up the backlog more quickly. It seems that their need for an issue is more important to them than the security of the United States. Trump's "wall" turned out to be a flimsy fence, some of which blew over in the wind, and which has been cut open over 3,000 times with tools you can buy at Home Depot.

More Border Patrol agents would have been a better investment.

The weaponization of law enforcement is third world tactics.
Yep. That's Trump all over:

The Radical Strategy Behind Trump’s Promise to ‘Go After’ Biden

Conservatives with close ties to Donald J. Trump are laying out a “paradigm-shifting” legal rationale to erase the Justice Department’s independence from the president.

Peter Navarro was a point man on Trumps team, they are now prosecuting him for whatever

Former Trump adviser Peter Navarro found guilty for defying Jan. 6 committee subpoena

All he had to do was obey the law. He appealed the case and lost. He has no excuse.

Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,238,374.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Yeah, remember when Trump beat Biden and Biden sent his followers to the Capitol to riot and stop Trump from being certified as president? Oh, wait...
So I hear you saying there will be no riots by Democrats if Trump wins. That's really really good to know. Because ... like ... only Republicans are terrorists. I feel safer already. But of course only if Trump wins. Because if he loses then you are ... what ... guaranteeing riots?

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟558,670.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
So I hear you saying there will be no riots by Democrats if Trump wins. That's really really good to know. Because ... like ... only Republicans are terrorists. I feel safer already. But of course only if Trump wins. Because if he loses then you are ... what ... guaranteeing riots?
When was the last time anybody rioted because a Republican won the presidency? 1860?

Upvote 0

BPPLEE

Apr 13, 2022
Montgomery
✟142,600.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0