The defining factor

P

phaneroo

[John 15:5]; I am the vine and ye are the branches. He that abideth in me and I in him, the same brings forth much fruit: for without me you can do nothing.

Debates and battles over the understanding of who and what the grace of God is stem majorly from the fact that many have not appreciated this infallible truth as stated by our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ: without him, seperate from him, a man can do nothing; absolutely nothing.

But this experience of 'without me' is out of divine union to the intent that there is no difference between what Christ is doing and what the man is doing. He abides in the man and the man abides in him.

Abiding, child of God, is more than the active role of seeking to constantly be in the presence of God. It is also a state of oneness birthed by the shared nature that you and Christ carry.

That is why to Paul, the language is, 'I am crucified with Christ and yet I live yet not I but Christ lives in me and the life that I now live, i live by the faith of the son of God who gave himself for me'.

Abiding activates the faith of God(not the faith of the man). This faith is what moves mountains. It is what gets disease out of the body. It is what causes demons to flee.

When the Bible says it is of faith that it might be by grace, many say that grace is God's part and faith is your part. But more than that, both the faith and the grace are of God, for like the scriptures say, the sufficiency is not of us but is entirely of God.

Without Christ, you cannot stand, cannot build a ministry, cannot raise men, cannot teach, cannot pray, cannot fast. You live by Christ. You stand by Christ. You build by Christ. You increase by Christ. You are established by Christ. That is what is called the grace of God.

Scripture Reference

Galatians 2:20, 2 Corinthians 3:5, Romans 4:16