The Creation of a Lie

Henaynei

Sh'ma Yisrael, Adonai Echud! Al pi Adonai...
Sep 6, 2003
North Carolina - my heart is with Israel ---
✟43,691.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Constitution
What I'm pointing out is the absurdity of trying to discuss the woes of the Middle East while Islam is sacrosanct and immune to criticism.

Trying to discuss the causes of Mideast violence under the rules of this forum is like trying to discuss the history and fall of the Soviet Union whilst being forbidden to criticize communism or Marxism. It's intellectually dishonest.
a most apropos analogy

Reactions: soblessed53
Upvote 0

TheNewWorldMan

phased plasma rifle in 40-watt range
Jan 2, 2007
✟28,775.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
So I'm not allowed to say Islam is a religion that preaches violence, hatred and intolerance?

I'm not going to say conclusively one way or the other (explicitly interpreting rules is best left to mods) but yes, I would not be a bit surprised if you had your post deleted, or was required to edit out any references to Islam. Such has been my experience anyway.

But if you wanted to say Israel was an imperialist state and everything wrong in the Mideast was Israel's fault, I doubt you'd encounter any official resistance at all. And my posts positing the cause of Mideast violence to be alien mind control beams have gone unchallenged...indicating that is a more acceptable explanation than is anything to do with Islam.

Draw your own conclusions.

Upvote 0

soblessed53

Sep 4, 2005
North Central,OH.U.S.A.
✟19,666.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Thank you for posting this. Much appreciated.

Thanks also to Avatar for his link.

I cannot say what I wish and remain on the board so...

-Peace-

What I'm pointing out is the absurdity of trying to discuss the woes of the Middle East while Islam is sacrosanct and immune to criticism.

Trying to discuss the causes of Mideast violence under the rules of this forum is like trying to discuss the history and fall of the Soviet Union whilst being forbidden to criticize communism or Marxism. It's intellectually dishonest.

So I'm not allowed to say Islam is a religion that preaches violence, hatred and intolerance?

a most apropos analogy

I'm not going to say conclusively one way or the other (explicitly interpreting rules is best left to mods) but yes, I would not be a bit surprised if you had your post deleted, or was required to edit out any references to Islam. Such has been my experience anyway.

But if you wanted to say Israel was an imperialist state and everything wrong in the Mideast was Israel's fault, I doubt you'd encounter any official resistance at all. And my posts positing the cause of Mideast violence to be alien mind control beams have gone unchallenged...indicating that is a more acceptable explanation than is anything to do with Islam.

Draw your own conclusions.

attachment.php

Rep Points for all later,when I can give them again! The Truth! :thumbsup:

Reactions: Henaynei
Upvote 0

pgp_protector

Noted strange person
Dec 17, 2003
Earth For Now
Visit site
✟393,780.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Ok, It was just hard to tell after reading that site you posted in another thread, with a post about the same as that one.

Upvote 0

Vylo

Stick with the King!
Aug 3, 2003
New Jersey
✟203,465.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Arabs over-reacting? What a surprise. Sorry but after the cartoon incident, nothing from that area will shock me. And I thought many Americans had too much time on their hands.

What is funny is that I know quite a few muslims, and they are very mild mannered. But their relatives from the middle east are well.......let's just say I won't be inviting them over any time.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

InnocentOdion

Seeker
Feb 2, 2006
✟11,136.00
Faith
Hindu
Marital Status
Married
What is funny is that I know quite a few muslims, and they are very mild mannered. But their relatives from the middle east are well.......let's just say I won't be inviting them over any time.

Not even for tea and cake? ;)
I completely agree, but with me it's been vice-versa. Middle Eastern Muslims: fine. Muslims in my local area: not so fine.

Upvote 0

JPPT1974

May 2024 Spring Fever!
Mar 18, 2004
Small Town, USA
✟570,017.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives

I completely agree, but with me it's been vice-versa. Middle Eastern Muslims: fine. Muslims in my local area: not so fine.

Gee I am sorry to hear about that. :sorry:

Upvote 0

Vylo

Stick with the King!
Aug 3, 2003
New Jersey
✟203,465.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others

Weird.

Example. A student engineer that worked for my father. She was a very nice girl, and hard working. You wouldn't know she was muslim as she dressed normally. She obviously had reservations about being permiscuous, and only wanted to marry another muslim.

Her family came over from Palestine to witness her college graduation. My father went to shake one of the hands of her female relatives. Apparently a big no-no. He was informed he wasn't even supposed to address her directly. Very stark difference between this girl and her middle eastern relatives.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

TheNewWorldMan

phased plasma rifle in 40-watt range
Jan 2, 2007
✟28,775.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Weird.

Example. A student engineer that worked for my father. She was a very nice girl, and hard working. You wouldn't know she was muslim as she dressed normally. She obviously had reservations about being permiscuous, and only wanted to marry another muslim.

Her family came over from Palestine to witness her college graduation. My father went to shake one of the hands of her female relatives. Apparently a big no-no. He was informed he wasn't even supposed to address her directly. Very stark difference between this girl and her middle eastern relatives.

Yeah, over there women are pretty much relegated to breeding stock. Not supposed to touch a man unless they are fulfilling their role in making babies.

Upvote 0