Dallas/Ft Worth
✟78,753.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What is the prophetic significance of the counting of the Omer ?

I believe it is a countdown to events in the future for his church ....Yeshua arose on firstfruits the first day of the Omer ... His body foreshadows our resurrection ...we are his body ...yeshua arose to heaven on the 40th day of the Omer ... Is this significant ? I believe so ... I believe this pictures our rising up to heaven to behold his glory in heaven but when?

The counting of the Omer is a jubilee countdown to the 50th day of Shavuot

Yeshua began the first jubilee of the new covenant .. The counting of the Omer seems to suggest that yeshua will return to resurrect his body and rapture us to heaven on the 40th jubilee from the time he started the jubilee year of his ministry

I know many will say the spring feast are fulfilled ... I don't believe that is the case .... For those who believe that the spring feast are not yet fulfilled , I'd like to hear your thoughts ...

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Blessed are You O L-rd our G-d who has sanctified us by the commandments and has commanded us concerning counting the Omer.

Today is day 4 of the Omer.
Yeshua began the first jubilee of the new covenant .. The counting of the Omer seems to suggest that yeshua will return to resurrect his body and rapture us to heaven on the 40th jubilee from the time he started the jubilee year of his ministry
His physical body was already resurrected some 1985 years ago.

If what you say is true (and remember the L-rd told us that NO ONE can know the day or hour) then you are claiming the rapture will occur somewhere around 2030?

Reactions: dfw69
Upvote 0

dfw69

Pre-Tribulation Pre- False Messianic Age
Nov 16, 2011
Dallas/Ft Worth
✟78,753.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Blessed are You O L-rd our G-d who has sanctified us by the commandments and has commanded us concerning counting the Omer.

Today is day 4 of the Omer.

His physical body was already resurrected some 1985 years ago.

We are his body ... His physical body forshadows our body or the body of Christ which is the church

If what you say is true (and remember the L-rd told us that NO ONE can know the day or hour) then you are claiming the rapture will occur somewhere around 2030?

Yes I believe the counting of the Omer is a prophetic countdown of 2 resurrections to complete Passover

One on the 40th jubilee and the final one on the 50 jubilee to complete the first resurrection

As for the day and the hour does not Hashem reveal his mysteries to his people ? It is the wicked that remain in darkness ...it is the ones who do not have a covenant with him that are asleep that the day of wrath will catch unaware ...

Even in the last days does not Hashem send the 2 witnesses to testify to Israel things to come .. They will prophecy for 42 months revealing the things to come ... Will Hashem always keep Israel in the dark ? ... Scripture says otherwise

Last edited:
Upvote 0

visionary

Your God is my God... Ruth said, so say I.
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,802.44
Faith
Messianic
There is the historic event count. From Egypt [slavery] to Mount Sinai. It also might have some significance here in the future as we go from Spiritual Egypt to Mount Zion.

Revelation 11:8 And their dead bodies shall lie in the street of the great city, which spiritually is called Sodom and Egypt, where also our Lord was crucified.

Joel 2:1 Blow ye the trumpet in Zion, and sound an alarm in my holy mountain: let all the inhabitants of the land tremble: for the day of the Lord cometh, for it is nigh at hand; .....32 And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be delivered: for in mount Zion and in Jerusalem shall be deliverance, as the Lord hath said, and in the remnant whom the Lord shall call.

Upvote 0

dfw69

Nov 16, 2011
Dallas/Ft Worth
✟78,753.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There is the historic event count. From Egypt [slavery] to Mount Sinai. It also might have some significance here in the future as we go from Spiritual Egypt to Mount Zion.

Revelation 11:8 And their dead bodies shall lie in the street of the great city, which spiritually is called Sodom and Egypt, where also our Lord was crucified.

Joel 2:1 Blow ye the trumpet in Zion, and sound an alarm in my holy mountain: let all the inhabitants of the land tremble: for the day of the Lord cometh, for it is nigh at hand; .....32 And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be delivered: for in mount Zion and in Jerusalem shall be deliverance, as the Lord hath said, and in the remnant whom the Lord shall call.

I agree only that the first call on the 40th day will be a call to heavenly new Jerusalem

And then the verse you posted will be fufilled on the 50th day ...when Hashem will gather the remnant of Israel who will have been scattered for the last time

Upvote 0

visionary

Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,802.44
Faith
Messianic
I agree only that the first call on the 40th day will be a call to heavenly new Jerusalem

And then the verse you posted will be fufilled on the 50th day ...when Hashem will gather the remnant of Israel who will have been scattered for the last time
I was thinking more along the lines of spiritual preparedness for the promised land.

Upvote 0

dfw69

Nov 16, 2011
Dallas/Ft Worth
✟78,753.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes I see ...because of the belief that yeshua returns on Tishri 1?

I believe yeshua will return in the air to rapture the church on the 40th jubilee and then returns to earth on the 50th jubilee ... Perhaps on Tishri 1 or on Shavuot he returns to earth ... It's unknown ...my quess is on Shavuot but I'm not sure ..

Upvote 0

visionary

Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,802.44
Faith
Messianic
Yes I see ...because of the belief that yeshua returns on Tishri 1?
ALSO, because that is the pattern, Moses leaves Egypt goes to Mount Sinai.. 40 days... Promised land could have been reached sooner than 40 years if it wasn't for the need to wander in the land of wilderness of sin before going to the promised land. Mount Sinai is the Pentecost of experiences then and again for the disciples and I believe for us.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

visionary

Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,802.44
Faith
Messianic
The great event described in Acts 2 in the New Testament, when the Holy Spirit appeared and rested as tongues of fire on individual believers, occurred on the Feast of Shavuot, and that is why after they were baptized by the Holy Spirit, they were "zealous" for the Law. The Holy Spirit came and wrote His Torah on people’s hearts. That was the early rain, and it will happen again, for the latter rain, which will prepare a people for Yom Kippur, and the final harvest.

Upvote 0

visionary

Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,802.44
Faith
Messianic
The people left Egypt on Passover and 40 days later arrived at Sinai. Then Moses went up on Mount Sinai. Ten days later Moses came down with the Torah and the people broke the covenant and 3000 people died as a result. 72 were baptized in the spirit at Mount Sinai.

Yeshua died on Passover and 40 days later went up. Ten days after Yeshua ascended, the Holy Spirit came down and 3000 people were saved. The difference is the word “Torah” means teaching and in John 14:26 the Holy Spirit is called the teacher.

In both events God gave His Torah (Law) to His People and in both cases He sealed the covenant that He had made with them. At Sinai He gave the Law written by His finger on tablets of stone. At Pentecost, He gave the Law written on Tablets of the Heart.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

dfw69

Nov 16, 2011
Dallas/Ft Worth
✟78,753.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Isaiah 61

Does Isaiah reveal Y'shia establishing the first jubilee for the purpose of the countdown to the fulfillment of the promises and the day of vengeance against his people

The day of vengeance being the 50th jubilee from the start of his ministry? .. So that we may be comforted knowing the day of the lords return?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

visionary

Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,802.44
Faith
Messianic
Isaiah 61

Does Isaiah reveal Y'shia establishing the first jubilee for the purpose of the countdown to the fulfillment of the promises and the day of vengeance against his people

The day of vengeance being the 50th jubilee from the start of his ministry? .. So that we may be comforted knowing the day of the lords return?
There is probably some correlation but so far, the calculations of the Jubilee have left various answers as to the second coming Jubilee. There is comfort in knowing it is soon.

Upvote 0

dfw69

Nov 16, 2011
Dallas/Ft Worth
✟78,753.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There is probably some correlation but so far, the calculations of the Jubilee have left various answers as to the second coming Jubilee. There is comfort in knowing it is soon.

How do we know it is soon? What evidence reveals Y'shia establishing his kingdom on earth soon ?

From what I gather the return to earth is on the 50th jubilee from the start of his ministry ..

Upvote 0

Daniel Gregg

Messianic, House of Yisra'el
Mar 12, 2009
Visit site
✟15,835.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
What is the prophetic significance of the counting of the Omer ?

first_fruit.png

Upvote 0