Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
image.png.4981d5924f869219e27ab5c0248acab7.png

The Conversion of the World

“You, at least you, child, is your soul filled with Me? Do you breathe for Me alone? Do you still put your interests before Mine,
or in your earthly pilgrimage do you carry Me before you like a lantern? Have you made My anxieties yours?
Have you taken your part in the conversion of the world? Near My martyrs, can you say ‘I was there,’
even if only in desire? “Who will help Me, if you, My communicants, don’t keep close?”

Bossis, Gabrielle. He and I (p. 251).
Pauline Books and Media. Kindle Edition.

My everyday relationship with the world, my life, and my relationship with God is in constant flux. Moods, fears, anxiety, and yes anger seem to have a life of their own. They will change places in prominence no matter what I do or would like to be otherwise. Yet in prayer, in seeking God, I find all these experiences to not be at the center of who I am. For in prayer, who is it that asks the question: Why? In prayer we step back, look inward and discover that whatever I am going through, be it joyful, or painful, it will pass. What stays, is there a place to rest?

My faith and trust in the Lord are the only center that I have found that frees me from the constant turning wheel of inner experience. When I learn the lesson, which must be relearned often, is that God’s grace is real, and the most important aspect of my life is my relationship with the creator and lover of my soul.

If God exists, and Jesus is truly the revelation of the Father, what could be more important than seeking to develop a loving relationship with Love Eternal. The fruit of which is to grow in love and compassion for all, and learn not to judge the soul, to disregard anyone, and to pray for all.

In that, over time, values fall into place, and it is only our seeking God that saves us from falling into the trap of making lesser things into some sort of god. Then we find ourselves loving others outside our circle, tribe, religion, and family. We sense that we are connected to all through the love of God, and that when we pray, we join the prayer of the Eternal High Priest Jesus Christ.

What in the end gathers with Christ does not scatter into oblivion like everything else does over time, or at our death. It is only love that remains, that is what we take with us. All else is burned away in God’s love.

Self-knowledge is not an easy path, for when we understand our need of grace and mercy, without trust it can lead to discouragement or even despair. The very nature of God the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit is love, mercy, and compassion. Outside the life of God there is only darkness, pain and suffering.

God calls us all to life not death. -Br.MD