Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Do other apes have a tailbone very similar to ours or not?
I don't know -- but I'll say probably.

Is that supposed to mean that we came from them?

Are our teeth the same? their eyes certainly look like ours.
If the answer is yes, then you can tell us why, since we are so far off with our PR campaign from SATAN.
If feet work okay for an ape, why not put them on us?

And given that we are made in the likeness and image of God, I would say it's the other way around.

He made ape feet from the same template as ours -- (with modifications, of course).

Upvote 0

Greg1234

In the beginning was El
May 14, 2010
✟11,792.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Precisely. They have this vestigial thingy and expect a universal adherence to the catch. Seeing that vestigial structures do not serve the original function, our eyes used to be fish eyes, that was the original function. Slightly different to help fish see underwater. But now they're human eyes. Teeth used to dinosaur teeth, the original function was to help dinosaur eat, now in humans, slightly different, they are vestigial because the original function is lost.

In fact, not just the structures you have stated but the entire human is vestigial. You just pick a structure, mix and match, speculate, then edit Wikipedia's complementary page.

It reminds me of the Ram Air Turbine (RAT) in aircraft. Its like a little propeller on the underside of the airplane which deploys to provide limited electrical and hydraulic power during a flame out. For the sake of emulation.

757_ram_air_turbine.jpg

File:757_ram_air_turbine.jpg

File:757_ram_air_turbine.jpg

It was designed that way. But unless there is a loss of power, its function is minuscule to nil. In Carwinism however, it is clearly vestigial. It doesnt serve its original function, which is to act as the main powerplant in props and turboprops.

So, when it serves a function, it is evidence. If it doesnt serve a function, it is evidence. All this dancing and humbuggery is completely irrelevant though seeing tests show that a car cannot turn into a 757.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,911,227.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
In fact, not just the structures you have stated but the entire human is vestigial.
:eek: -- When I get sick, I don't know if I'm supposed to go to a doctor, or a veterinarian -- (or even what the difference is).

Upvote 0

Mike Elphick

Not so new...
Oct 7, 2009
Nottingham, England
Visit site
✟8,749.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
:eek: -- When I get sick, I don't know if I'm supposed to go to a doctor, or a veterinarian -- (or even what the difference is).

Animals don't tell lies and ask for sick notes.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Split Rock

Conflation of Blathers
Nov 3, 2003
North Dakota
✟22,466.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
I don't know -- but I'll say probably.

Is that supposed to mean that we came from them?
it means we are genetically related.

Our teeth are similar, though their canines tend to be larger than ours.

If feet work okay for an ape, why not put them on us?

And given that we are made in the likeness and image of God, I would say it's the other way around.

He made ape feet from the same template as ours -- (with modifications, of course).
Why would he need to use a template?? So, you are saying that apes are modified humans? Did God make apes as a mockery of His perfect creation (that turned on him just like many of his perfect creations do)? Strange then that they appear in the fossil record before we do......

Upvote 0

Split Rock

Conflation of Blathers
Nov 3, 2003
North Dakota
✟22,466.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
So who should we go to when we get sick?

If evolution rules, then the difference is only semantic, is it not?

A vet could probably treat you in a pinch. There are a few considerations, however.
1. He wouldn't know the proper Dosage.
2. He would be lacking in the knowledge of high profile interventions more commonly used in treating humans.
3. He would be lacking in knowledge pretaining to illneses seen in humans and not very often seen in animals.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Mike Elphick

Not so new...
Oct 7, 2009
Nottingham, England
Visit site
✟8,749.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
Then what's the difference between a doctor and a veterinarian?

In the UK, according to the The Veterinary Act (1966) (and exemptions) it is illegal for any person, other than the owner of the animal, to treat an animal unless the permission of the animal's veterinary surgeon (veterinarian) is sought and obtained.

This means that a medical doctor cannot treat an animal, whilst the veterinary surgeon can treat a person. Of course the vet wouldn't be
allowed to put his human patients 'down' like he would his other animal patients :).

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,911,227.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
In the UK, according to the The Veterinary Act (1966) (and exemptions) it is illegal for any person, other than the owner of the animal, to treat an animal unless the permission of the animal's veterinary surgeon (veterinarian) is sought and obtained.

This means that a medical doctor cannot treat an animal, whilst the veterinary surgeon can treat a person. Of course the vet wouldn't be allowed to put his human patients 'down' like he would his other animal patients :).

Interesting.

Upvote 0