The Wild West
✟476,419.00
Country
United States
Faith
Generic Orthodox Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
I agree in that in heresy one’s mind is wounded, yet the Church remains to preach correction. In schism, one has said in his heart that he is to rise up against the body of Christ Himself. We have the example of David, upon whose throne Our Lord now sits, that never was a man more justified in schism as well as having motive and opportunity, yet he could not bring himself to lift his hand against the Lord’s anointed.

If David could not do it, who are you o man to lift his hand to tear the body of Christ asunder?

The word you is a general term and not directed @theLiturgist. We all need to self reflect on this

I am opposed to schism and a proponent of ecumenical reconciliation, but homosexuality is a deal-breaker for me as it is incompatible with Orthodox doctrine on human sexuality.

• Winner
Reactions: RileyG
Upvote 0

RileyG

Veteran
Angels Team
Feb 10, 2013
Nebraska
✟243,264.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
I am opposed to schism and a proponent of ecumenical reconciliation, but homosexuality is a deal-breaker for me as it is incompatible with Orthodox doctrine on human sexuality.
Amen

• Prayers
Reactions: The Liturgist
Upvote 0
Jun 26, 2003
Visit site
✟258,241.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
As it would be a deal breaker for me if it were so, but God cannot bless sin, neither can the Church. The fact that there are tares in God’s garden does not give us the right to abandon it and start another after our own likeness.

FS is already being walked back as the words of a man, not an ex cathedra statement. I will stay in the Church and see what the Holy Spirit does with this. I do not snub my nose at Him and leave

Upvote 0

The Liturgist

Traditional Liturgical Christian
Site Supporter
Nov 26, 2019
The Wild West
✟476,419.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Celibate
As it would be a deal breaker for me if it were so, but God cannot bless sin, neither can the Church. The fact that there are tares in God’s garden does not give us the right to abandon it and start another after our own likeness.

FS is already being walked back as the words of a man, not an ex cathedra statement. I will stay in the Church and see what the Holy Spirit does with this. I do not snub my nose at Him and leave

Its not being walked back fast or hard enough. The fact that it was even issued is an ecclesiastical disaster.

Upvote 0

The Liturgist

Traditional Liturgical Christian
Site Supporter
Nov 26, 2019
The Wild West
✟476,419.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Celibate
True but it still does not justify schism

I am not advocating for schism. My prayer is for the healing of schisms and for ecumenical reconciliation according to the faith of the early church as decided by the ecumenical councils.

Upvote 0
Jun 26, 2003
Visit site
✟258,241.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
I am not advocating for schism. My prayer is for the healing of schisms and for ecumenical reconciliation according to the faith of the early church as decided by the ecumenical councils.
Well that will only happen if the schismatic mind undergoes repentance. Yes it is a humiliating experience and I argued ever more strongly that the Church had to compromise and meet me in the middle or had to come to me and explain their position
That never happened, but through His incredible mercy, God did not give up on me. I can’t tell you how or why it happened, as who knows the mind of God? But when I gave up my demands and submitted to the Lord, I received grace above what I could ever hope to ask or think. The contentious spirit within me and the warring nature in my flesh was gone. The mortal sin that would come so easily as breathing was now gone. It was relaced with thoughts of why would you ever want to do that? That path is unprofitable and the short term pleasure you receive will cost you eternity.

Jesus had the twelve Apostles with Him, and if He wanted to, He could have said, you are my friends and my council, and on this council, I will build my Church, but we all know that He did not say that. It is on the Rock of Peter that the Church is built. My flesh did not like that, and I wanted to use every excuse to say it isn’t so, it is when I humbled myself and submitted to the full authority of the Church, God opened my eyes as He did Paul, whose shadow I am not worthy to even consider that I get close to. Jerome(my name), son of Jerome(my father) why persecutest thou Me? It was not an audible voice but a level of understanding I had not considered. It came to me when reading John of the Cross, Ascent of Mt Carmel.
My reasoning is questionable, but the grace I received is undeniable, and as Satan does not cast out Satan, I know who gave it to me.

Peace be with you

Upvote 0