Belton, TX
✟139,173.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
One, arguments from silence are weak. Two, He never said He was the law, and none of the apostles and prophets who wrote scripture said He was the law.
Jesus taught in parables all the time.

Anyway, it's a show! It's not meant to be Scripture in any way. They will get things wrong sometimes because they are humans. Is this an example? I don't think so but it could be. I just think you all are SERIOUSLY overthinking this. The Chosen has drawn countless people back to the faith, and even nonbelievers are gaining a genuine interest in the Bible. So much good is coming from it but that good will be seriously crippled if we wage war over miniscule details like this

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Hammster

The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God.
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,732,347.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
That is seriously overthinking it. Do you know how many people are being saved because of this show? How many are coming back to the faith? This show is doing untold amounts of great Kingdom Building work.

It's not meant to be Scripture. It's a TV show that points to Scripture. At best, it's food for thought that draws people to the Word and to God.
With this logic, you can justify any evil if someone gets saved because of it.

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,732,347.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,732,347.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
I have explained that it's not blasphemy.

What about my comments about the line being metaphor ical? Please respond to that
When metaphors are blasphemous, it matters not.

Upvote 0

doctorwho29

May 20, 2011
Belton, TX
✟139,173.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
When metaphors are blasphemous, it matters not.
Thank you for finally acknowledging my metaphor point at all.

Anyway, you have not proven that it's blasphemous. You have made some very shaky and overthought arguments that really don't amount to anything. Jesus perfectly fulfilled the Law of Moses so that our punishment could be upon Him. In a very real way, that does cause the line to make sense. If we're under grace now, not the Law, you could even say the Law died with Him on that Cross (a bit metaphorical but I think I make sense). Anyway, it's not blasphemy. You simply have not made a good case proving that.

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,732,347.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Thank you for finally acknowledging my metaphor point at all.

Anyway, you have not proven that it's blasphemous. You have made some very shaky and overthought arguments that really don't amount to anything. Jesus perfectly fulfilled the Law of Moses so that our punishment could be upon Him. In a very real way, that does cause the line to make sense. If we're under grace now, not the Law, you could even say the Law died with Him on that Cross (a bit metaphorical but I think I make sense). Anyway, it's not blasphemy. You simply have not made a good case proving that.
When they say that Jesus said something that He never said, no NT writers ever said, and cannot be supported with any scripture, it’s blasphemous. Period. A metaphor has to reflect reality.

Reactions: Lost Witness
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

doctorwho29

May 20, 2011
Belton, TX
✟139,173.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
When they say that Jesus said something that He never said, no NT writers ever said, and cannot be supported with any scripture, it’s blasphemous. Period. A metaphor has to reflect reality.
So Jesus shouldn't have said "You couldn't give me another half an hour in episode three? That wasn't in the NT so I guess it's blasphemous. What about "Hi Emma" or "Something about Andrew's feet." By your logic, every line not directly lifted from the Bible is blasphemy.

Upvote 0

Lost Witness

Ezekiel 3:3 ("Change")
Nov 10, 2022
New York
✟97,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
So Jesus shouldn't have said "You couldn't give me another half an hour in episode three? That wasn't in the NT so I guess it's blasphemous.
Jesus Was/is GOD in the Flesh,
not sure putting "WORDS" in His mouth has ever been considered anything else? :scratch:

Upvote 0

doctorwho29

May 20, 2011
Belton, TX
✟139,173.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Jesus Was/is GOD in the Flesh,
not sure putting "WORDS" in His mouth has ever been considered anything else? :scratch:
Except it's not putting words in Jesus' mouth. It's not Scripture. It doesn't pretend to be Scripture. It's extremely upfront about being a TV show for entertainment and food for thought. Food for thought that they practically crawl through mud to make sure that every single word is at least plausible in the light of Scripture. So again, we're not putting words in Jesus' mouth; we are putting words in a very fictional what if scenario about Jesus portrayed by an actor.

Also, you ignore how many people are being saved or drawn back to faith over this. God is blessing this show left right and center. He doesn't seem to have a problem with it. Could it be that you're being WAY too uptight and should focus on actual revision of Scripture, not a very respectful yet fictional TV show?

Upvote 0

Lost Witness

Nov 10, 2022
New York
✟97,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Except it's not putting words in Jesus' mouth. It's not Scripture. It doesn't pretend to be Scripture. It's extremely upfront about being a TV show for entertainment and food for thought. Food for thought that they practically crawl through mud to make sure that every single word is at least plausible in the light of Scripture. So again, we're not putting words in Jesus' mouth; we are putting words in a very fictional what if scenario about Jesus portrayed by an actor.

Also, you ignore how many people are being saved or drawn back to faith over this. God is blessing this show left right and center. He doesn't seem to have a problem with it. Could it be that you're being WAY too uptight and should focus on actual revision of Scripture, not a very respectful yet fictional TV show?
It's upfront about being a "tv show"
One where they portray the LORD as a "fictional" character?
the Jesus Portrayed in the Series Chosen isn't The LORD,
He's False.

Reactions: Hammster
Upvote 0

doctorwho29

May 20, 2011
Belton, TX
✟139,173.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It's upfront about being a "tv show"
One where they portray the LORD as a "fictional" character?
the Jesus Portrayed in the Series Chosen isn't The LORD,
He's False.
So do you dislike ALL movies or shows about Jesus? Are you against them all, despite them being EXCELLENT evangelism tools?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Lost Witness

Nov 10, 2022
New York
✟97,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The Problem is people tend to forget that "i" for instance,
I watch a tv show and it introduces me to this character,
now at some point I've got a preconceived idea of who i expect this character to be and no matter what,
it's not going to change.
Now the problem with Chosen is it's the LORD who the tv show is trying to portray as something he wasn't
Surely I'm not the only person who views media this way? :scratch:

Reactions: Hammster
Upvote 0

doctorwho29

May 20, 2011
Belton, TX
✟139,173.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The Problem is people tend to forget that "i" for instance,
I watch a tv show and it introduces me to this character,
now at some point I've got a preconceived idea of who i expect this character to be and no matter what,
it's not going to change.
Now the problem with Chosen is it's the LORD who the tv show is trying to portray as something he wasn't
Surely I'm not the only person who views media this way? :scratch:
You didn't answer my question...at all

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,732,347.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
So Jesus shouldn't have said "You couldn't give me another half an hour in episode three? That wasn't in the NT so I guess it's blasphemous. What about "Hi Emma" or "Something about Andrew's feet." By your logic, every line not directly lifted from the Bible is blasphemy.
Not if you actually read my argument.

Upvote 0

doctorwho29

May 20, 2011
Belton, TX
✟139,173.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Not if you actually read my argument.
I did read it and explained how the line does work, especially allowing for metaphoric language and the context of the scene. However, you did say that line wasn't in the NT, this is blasphemous

Upvote 0