Midlands
✟8,837.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
This depiction of Jesus (now in to season 3) is absolutely brilliant.

Im just starting season 2 and I can’t get enough of it, season 4 is in the making but it’s so powerful, so beautiful and for the most part, very accurate. The actor who plays Jesus is phenomenal…a modern day Christian masterpiece as far as I’m concerned:-

Its also available on blu ray and DVD

It will make you cry, laugh and gaze in equal measure

Yeshua HaDerekh

Men dream of truth, find it then cant live with it
May 9, 2013
Eretz
✟317,562.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private

Im just starting season 2 and I can’t get enough of it, season 4 is in the making but it’s so powerful, so beautiful and for the most part, very accurate. The actor who plays Jesus is phenomenal…a modern day Christian masterpiece as far as I’m concerned:-
Its OK I guess. Lots of license taken and a bit too irreverent at times IMO. I liked the Shabbat sequence and the Nicodemus exchange.

Reactions: Beslowtoanger
Upvote 0

Ivan Hlavanda

Mar 27, 2020
York
✟84,331.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I like the Chosen also, just sad to see many people on social media saying the show is better than the Bible, or they prefer the show to Bible.

But it's good to see non-Christian being interested in the show and I pray it leads them to reading the Bible, some already started.

Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟722,379.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

I think it is unwise to watch fictional movies about Jesus .... His Word is truth and sufficient.

Upvote 0

Reasonably Sane

With age comes wisdom, when it doesn't come alone.
Oct 27, 2023
Kentucky
✟26,872.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Its OK I guess. Lots of license taken and a bit too irreverent at times IMO. I liked the Shabbat sequence and the Nicodemus exchange.
Regarding your comment about license: This is why I watched one episode and turned it off. I came across this video many months later that covers my concerns. Warning: This guys purpose seems to be to identify any "famous" Christian preachers' "false teachings". I sometimes agree with him an sometimes don't. But in this video he actually calls out some things I noticed in that very first episode, and why I won't watch it. The comments contain a lot of posts that both condemn it or praise it and everything in between.

Upvote 0

Beslowtoanger

Carrying my cross daily
Aug 25, 2023
Midlands
✟8,837.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Consider myself unwise and guilty as charged.

Im finished with this forum, it’s a constant tap of finger wagging, thou art greater than thee……..

I’ll read my Bible, love others, pray daily and walk the discipline of a good and loving Christian that I’ll find through my church……..without the need of anything here.

Goodbye

Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟307,583.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I think it is unwise to watch fictional movies about Jesus .... His Word is truth and sufficient.
Nothing wrong in putting it into the context of the time is there? Seeing His gospel in action and making the people real rather than some mystical saints beyond the reach of human emulation? It is their very weaknesses that make them like the rest of us and why Jesus chose them and walked among them rather than the snobbery of religion of the time and sadly often portrayed here. Why should some church controlling the narrative be given the go ahead but not a series portraying and putting a face to the teachings and life of the time?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Reasonably Sane

With age comes wisdom, when it doesn't come alone.
Oct 27, 2023
Kentucky
✟26,872.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Consider myself unwise and guilty as charged.

Im finished with this forum, it’s a constant tap of finger wagging, thou art greater than thee……..

I’ll read my Bible, love others, pray daily and walk the discipline of a good and loving Christian that I’ll find through my church……..without the need of anything here.

Goodbye
I just saw that post. Then I saw your name. I'm seeing a little bit of a disconnect.

I wish you would stay. We are all unwise in one way or another. I think of sites like this as iron sharpening iron. As long as you are "iron", this is where you should be!

Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟722,379.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
This and @Ivan Hlavanda comment, is why I have not watched it.

"I like the Chosen also, just sad to see many people on social media saying the show is better than the Bible, or they prefer the show to Bible."
This is why it is unwise ....

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟722,379.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Nothing wrong in putting it into the context of the time is there? Seeing His gospel in action and making the people real rather than some mystical saints beyond the reach of human emulation? It is their very weaknesses that make them like the rest of us and why Jesus chose them and walked among them rather than the snobbery of religion of the time and sadly often portrayed here. Why should some church controlling the narrative be given the go ahead but not a series portraying and putting a face to the teachings and life of the time?
It's a movie ... it's not real ... putting a face to teachings? No one knows what Jesus actually looked like ... teachings don't have a "face".

It is the written word of God that changes hearts ... not a movie. Movies add or take away from the Word of God.

Do you think Jesus wants people reading His Word or watching movie productions about Him?

Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟722,379.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Quite the difference between what he does with this and the drivel his dad did with Left Behind.
It's a fictional MOVIE ... period ..... movies based on actual events are not truth ... (based on) at best some truth with added and/or removed information (artistic illusion)

No one can express or portray Jesus, even approximately, by an artificial “artistic illusion” depict Christ’s “perfect holiness.”

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟307,583.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
The Chosen is about the Chosen and not Jesus. What Jesus said in scripture has not been changed to suit some plot. His followers were not halo wearing saints so there should be no issue in portraying them as just as fallible as the rest of us. It has put a human face to the whole era, something churches have never been able to do in an attempt to guard their business model by separating God from the people using themselves as a wedge, rather than bringing us all together as Jesus did.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lost4words
Upvote 0

2PhiloVoid

Of course, it's all ...about the Son!
Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,135,043.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Oh, for sure! It's a solid show! My wife and I have enjoyed the first few seasons and we're looking forward to the next one.

:cool:

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul.
Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,195,415.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
This and @Ivan Hlavanda comment, is why I have not watched it.

"I like the Chosen also, just sad to see many people on social media saying the show is better than the Bible, or they prefer the show to Bible."
Not only that, but the director believes Mormons are Christians. The show also openly quoted from the Book of Mormon where the character of Jesus says, “I am the law.”

Upvote 0