The Challange

Status
Not open for further replies.

bullietdodger

Jan 17, 2006
✟15,209.00
Faith
Christian
I believe that if every Christian were to focus on pray and allow the Holy Spirit to lead and guide us in all truth, we would all end up believing exactly the same thing about scripture and who God is. So heres my challange to TEs, YEC, OEC; the lot of us to for the next 30 days to pray and ask the Holy Spirit to open our eyes to the truth. Through out these 30 days we must be devoted to pray and reading the Bible. Part of this challange is to pray and read the Bible for no less than two hours/day through the next 30 days. You may use any other tool that you use to spend time with God (ie Spiritual Disciplines). This is an honest seeking after God's heart. At the end of the 30 days I will bump this thread and see if any of us have changed are view on the origin of humans, animals and the universe. I'm not saying that you can't post and discuss in this time, feel free to continue to do so.

If you wish to be a part of this challange please respond by stating that you accept the challange. Please respond only if you accept this challenge. No other comments please.

I look forward to seeing where we all end up at in the end of these 30 days.

jereth

Apr 13, 2006
Melbourne, Australia
✟8,426.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
I do not accept the challenge because it implies that I do not already earnestly seek God's truth every day of my life. I don't see why I should change what I'm already doing, and have been doing for the last 8 years.

2000 years of earnest seeking after God's truth by millions of Christians still leaves us with a diversity of demonimations and alternative beliefs on many issues. My advice is to live with it.

Please respond only if you accept this challenge. No other comments please.

Sorry, but it's a free coun... er, forum :D

Reactions: theFijian
Upvote 0

LewisWildermuth

Senior Veteran
May 17, 2002
Bloomington, Illinois
✟11,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
So, you believe that, since we do not believe the exact same thing as you do in this, or any other subject, we don’t pray for guidance or do not study our bibles?

Please do not be so insulting to your fellow Christians.

Reactions: theFijian
Upvote 0

lands21

Veteran
Oct 21, 2003
Washington
Visit site
✟1,672.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
jereth said:
I do not accept the challenge because it implies that I do not already earnestly seek God's truth every day of my life. I don't see why I should change what I'm already doing, and have been doing for the last 8 years.

2000 years of earnest seeking after God's truth by millions of Christians still leaves us with a diversity of demonimations and alternative beliefs on many issues. My advice is to live with it.

Sorry, but it's a free coun... er, forum :D

wow, be careful with this........ complacincy is the devils tool.

Upvote 0

bullietdodger

Jan 17, 2006
✟15,209.00
Faith
Christian
People I have only presented a challange. I am not asking for your opinion or for a discussion. I assume by no responce that you do not want to accept this challange. That is total up to you. I'm not pointing a gun to your head and telling to accept this challenge. Besides I said this challange is for all, no matter what your opinion is regarding creation.

Now again, Please respond only if you accept this challenge. No other comments are needed.

Upvote 0

theFijian

Site Supporter
Oct 30, 2003
West of Scotland
Visit site
✟63,625.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
My challenge: come up with a witty caption for the photo below:

xinsrc_5b02d07dccf14a5ea31895312311c0d4_d11-3.jpg

Upvote 0

lands21

Veteran
Oct 21, 2003
Washington
Visit site
✟1,672.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
bullietdodger said:
People I have only presented a challange. I am not asking for your opinion or for a discussion. I assume by no responce that you do not want to accept this challange. That is total up to you. I'm not pointing a gun to your head and telling to accept this challenge. Besides I said this challange is for all, no matter what your opinion is regarding creation.

Now again, Please respond only if you accept this challenge. No other comments are needed.

Though I understand your point, and I think it is a good idea, I can not accept your challange...

Oh, but I will say this... relax man, it is a fourm, you need to expect this stuff

Upvote 0

bullietdodger

Jan 17, 2006
✟15,209.00
Faith
Christian
ebia said:
Are you suggesting that people focus on this question for the next 30 days?

Thanks for asking for clarity. I asking for it to be part but not the whole of the time spent with God. If God is wanting person to deal with something in their life, or to learn something, or just to rest in His presence I wouldn't want anything to get in the way of that. This is more of an exersize in spending focused time with God. I do hope that in the end all who are apart of this challange will be in full agreement on any issue, just not the creation issue.

I hope this helps and thanks for asking.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

shernren

you are not reading this.
Feb 17, 2005
Shah Alam, Selangor
Visit site
✟26,381.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
In Relationship
What if I told you that I have been thinking and praying about this issue for the past year already? All this while I have kept asking God, even as I read up on this, to grant me peace if this is what He wants me to believe in, and not to if He doesn't. And I have had peace in this area. I have many other areas of my life to clean up, and God has been convicting me there, but not in this area.

Does that satisfy the requirements of your challenge?

Upvote 0

theFijian

Site Supporter
Oct 30, 2003
West of Scotland
Visit site
✟63,625.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
bullietdodger said:
Thanks for asking for clarity. I asking for it to be part but not the whole of the time spent with God. If God is wanting person to deal with something in their life, or to learn something, or just to rest in His presence I wouldn't want anything to get in the way of that. This is more of an exersize in spending focused time with God. I do hope that in the end all who are apart of this challange will be in full agreement on any issue, just not the creation issue.
2000 years worth of Christians praying, meditating on scripture and listening to the Spirit and we have thousands of different churches and denominations. Yet you expect uniformity of belief within this forum in just 30 days? And of course, you expect uniformity towards your beliefs I suppose. This challenge is quite the insult.

Upvote 0

pastorkevin73

Jan 8, 2006
Canada
✟16,029.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I would have to say that it is sad that some have taken this challange as an insult. Since when is being challanged to spend more time with God a bad thing? It is a good thing to spend time with God. Yes bullietdodger seems to have an agenda with this, but take the good and leave the rest. Spend more time with God. This is what I am taking from this challange to spend more time with God. I could always be spending more time with God.
Please don't take this as a finger wagging, because this is not my intention. I just think spending more time with God is always a good thing.

Upvote 0

pastorkevin73

Jan 8, 2006
Canada
✟16,029.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
theFijian said:
2000 years worth of Christians praying, meditating on scripture and listening to the Spirit and we have thousands of different churches and denominations. Yet you expect uniformity of belief within this forum in just 30 days? And of course, you expect uniformity towards your beliefs I suppose. This challenge is quite the insult.

See 1 Cor 1:10. The problem throughout the history of the church is to often we use our heads (using our heads isn't a bad thing, only when we end up opposing the Holy Spirit) rather allowing the Holy Spirit to guide us. This is why there continues to be church and denominational splits. This is why all believers need to allow the Holy Spirit to lead in the truth. I don't care who is right or wrong, if we are unified with the Holy Spirit we will all end up in agreement.

Upvote 0

theFijian

Site Supporter
Oct 30, 2003
West of Scotland
Visit site
✟63,625.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
pastorkevin73 said:
See 1 Cor 1:10. The problem throughout the history of the church is to often we use our heads (using our heads isn't a bad thing, only when we end up opposing the Holy Spirit) rather allowing the Holy Spirit to guide us. This is why there continues to be church and denominational splits. This is why all believers need to allow the Holy Spirit to lead in the truth. I don't care who is right or wrong, if we are unified with the Holy Spirit we will all end up in agreement.
Why do people seem to think that unity in the Spirit automatically should mean uniformity of belief on every iota of theology and doctrine? So who is it that's not listening to the spirit: the baptists or the peado-baptists? the Protestants or the Catholics? the premillenialists, postmillialists or the amillenialists?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Status
Not open for further replies.