the biggest lie ever told is that your save an if your save why are we still dieing

bliz

Contributor
Jun 5, 2004
Here
✟14,830.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Many people in the church feel that if they have sincerely believed that Jesus died to pay for their sins and they accept that truth, then they are saved. This is not biblical. Jesus death on the cross is the only acceptable payment for the sin of a man. But when we accept this gift, we must give evidence of that fact by living as Christ lived, producing fruit, spreading the true gospel, helping people come to a better understanding of who God is, what He requires of us, what Christ's work on the Cross mean and how we are then to live. ’

So, how did the thief dying on the cross beside Jesus do to accept this gift? What evidence did he produce? Or, was Jesus wrong, and He would not see that man in paradise?

Upvote 0

LJSGM

Senior Veteran
May 7, 2006
Wisconsin
✟15,171.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Perhaps the evidence of true belief is that a man will go and try to be good because he knows God but will not be able to produce good works on his own, or in any significant way. That is where the Holy Spirit comes in, a righteousness from God, given to those who believe where God gives us righteousness through faith. i.e. the Holy Spirit.

Upvote 0

NatalieJan777

Humbled before GOD
Jul 30, 2009
Las Vegas, NV
✟17,605.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
So, how did the thief dying on the cross beside Jesus do to accept this gift? What evidence did he produce? Or, was Jesus wrong, and He would not see that man in paradise?

What did the theif do?

#1. Was faithful to Christ

1) Rebuking the other for chiding Christ.
2) Acknowledging that Christ was sinless and that he was dying for his own sinfulness and he accepted those consequences.
3) Humbling himself before GOD.

Christ did not tell the other that he would be in paradise, only the repentive soul.

Upvote 0

Ursie

Nov 13, 2009
Southern Arizona
✟7,978.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Jesus knew the heart of that man. That man didn't have opportunity to experience santification. If you are thief on the cross then these things may apply to you. If you are a man or woman living a normal life and you prayer a prayer and no change is seen, then you ought to be worried. Paul tells us:

2 Cor 13:5 Examine yourselves to see whether you are in the faith; test yourselves. Do you not realize that Christ Jesus is in you—unless, of course, you fail the test? And I trust that you will discover that we have not failed the test.

This is a responsiblity. Also in Galatians 5 we are told that their is the fruit that comes from the Spirit in us. We need to be fruit inspectors. Jesus said in Matt 7 that many would come saying "Lord, Lord, we did all these things in your name and he will say to them, Away from me I never knew you."

You can count on being like the thief, but if you aren't in the thief's shoes, I wouldn't expect to have the same things apply. That is a week argument used by Christians who ignore most of the rest of the NT which tells us to be holy and blameless and to obey the Lord.

Upvote 0

roshan turner

Nov 6, 2009
✟7,676.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
little do people know jesus is gone to sit on david throne david throne is not here yet luke:1 v31-33 act 2 v 29-36 plus jesus said he goes to prepare a place for you that where he is you will be also john 14:v1-4 read also the thief confess his sin before jesus now where was david throne

Last edited:
Upvote 0

roshan turner

Nov 6, 2009
✟7,676.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Perhaps the evidence of true belief is that a man will go and try to be good because he knows God but will not be able to produce good works on his own, or in any significant way. That is where the Holy Spirit comes in, a righteousness from God, given to those who believe where God gives us righteousness through faith. i.e. the Holy Spirit.
read it to me you cant find it

Upvote 0

roshan turner

Nov 6, 2009
✟7,676.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
What did the theif do?

#1. Was faithful to Christ

1) Rebuking the other for chiding Christ.
2) Acknowledging that Christ was sinless and that he was dying for his own sinfulness and he accepted those consequences.
3) Humbling himself before GOD.

Christ did not tell the other that he would be in paradise, only the repentive soul.
you cant even a scripture for that

Upvote 0

NatalieJan777

Humbled before GOD
Jul 30, 2009
Las Vegas, NV
✟17,605.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
you cant even a scripture for that

I like you, you make me question what I've read and where I've read it. Confirmation is always good.

Luke 23:38-43

There was a written notice about him, which read: THIS IS THE KING OF THE JEWS. One criminal who hung there hurled insults at him. 'Aren't you the Christ? Save yourself and us!'. But the other criminal rebuked him, 'Don't you fear God?' he said 'since you are under the same sentence? We are punished justly, for we are getting what our deeds deserve. But this man has done nothing wrong.' Then he said 'Jesus, remember me when you come into your kingdom.' Jesus answered him "I tell you the truth, today you will be with me in paradise."

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

LJSGM

Senior Veteran
May 7, 2006
Wisconsin
✟15,171.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Hebrews 9:26-28

27Just as man is destined to die once, and after that to face judgment, 28so Christ was sacrificed once to take away the sins of many people; and he will appear a second time, not to bear sin, but to bring salvation to those who are waiting for him.

Here's an interesting verse I stumbled upon...

Upvote 0

LJSGM

Senior Veteran
May 7, 2006
Wisconsin
✟15,171.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
read it to me you cant find it

Romans 3
21But now a righteousness from God, apart from law, has been made known, to which the Law and the Prophets testify. 22This righteousness from God comes through faith in Jesus Christ to all who believe. There is no difference, 23for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, 24and are justified freely by his grace through the redemption that came by Christ Jesus.

Philippians 3:9
and be found in him, not having a righteousness of my own that comes from the law, but that which is through faith in Christ—the righteousness that comes from God and is by faith.

Here is a couple of many.

John 14:26
But the Counselor, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you.

and of course, with the Holy Spirit, you can link them up cause if A=B and B=C then A=C.

Titus 3
5he saved us, not because of righteous things we had done, but because of his mercy. He saved us through the washing of rebirth and renewal by the Holy Spirit, 6whom he poured out on us generously through Jesus Christ our Savior, 7so that, having been justified by his grace, we might become heirs having the hope of eternal life.

Upvote 0

LJSGM

Senior Veteran
May 7, 2006
Wisconsin
✟15,171.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
and they still had to do something which made it works jesus works and the father works john 14v10-12 read it

Romans 9:31-33 (New International Version)

31but Israel, who pursued a law of righteousness, has not attained it. 32Why not? Because they pursued it not by faith but as if it were by works. They stumbled over the "stumbling stone." 33As it is written:
"See, I lay in Zion a stone that causes men to stumble
and a rock that makes them fall,
and the one who trusts in him will never be put to shame."

1 Thessalonians 1:3
We continually remember before our God and Father your work produced by faith, your labor prompted by love, and your endurance inspired by hope in our Lord Jesus Christ.

God does not call faith a work, so why do you?

Upvote 0

roshan turner

Nov 6, 2009
✟7,676.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I like you, you make me question what I've read and where I've read it. Confirmation is always good.

Luke 23:38-43

There was a written notice about him, which read: THIS IS THE KING OF THE JEWS. One criminal who hung there hurled insults at him. 'Aren't you the Christ? Save yourself and us!'. But the other criminal rebuked him, 'Don't you fear God?' he said 'since you are under the same sentence? We are punished justly, for we are getting what our deeds deserve. But this man has done nothing wrong.' Then he said 'Jesus, remember me when you come into your kingdom.' Jesus answered him "I tell you the truth, today you will be with me in paradise."
Think about what you just read when the criminal said to jesus when thous comes in to thy kingdom jesus is going to sit on david throne luke:1v 31-33 now were is david throne

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

roshan turner

Nov 6, 2009
✟7,676.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hebrews 9:26-28

27Just as man is destined to die once, and after that to face judgment, 28so Christ was sacrificed once to take away the sins of many people; and he will appear a second time, not to bear sin, but to bring salvation to those who are waiting for him.

Here's an interesting verse I stumbled upon...
is it hard for you to understand that faith without works is dead

Upvote 0

jarrettcpr

Jun 3, 2009
✟7,934.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
is it hard for you to understand that faith without works is dead
It seems as if you are struggling to recognize that by faith good works come naturally.

So, there is absolutely no such thing as 'dead faith.'

[FONT=&quot]“For we are God’s workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.” (Ephesians 2:10)[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

By faith we are saved, and the good works we do was prepared and done by God. End of Story.
[/FONT]

Upvote 0

ozell

Jun 28, 2007
chicago il
✟5,327.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
It seems as if you are struggling to recognize that by faith good works come naturally.

So, there is absolutely no such thing as 'dead faith.'

[FONT=&quot]“For we are God’s workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.” (Ephesians 2:10)[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]By faith we are saved, and the good works we do was prepared and done by God. End of Story.[/FONT]

then what is this is its not dead faith

Mt 15:9 But in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.

Upvote 0

jarrettcpr

Jun 3, 2009
✟7,934.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
then what is this is its not dead faith

Mt 15:9 But in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.

Yes, glad you brought up that Scripture. Jesus was simply rebuking the Pharisees, who were adding onto God's word. They were legalistic, and Christ had the most to say for those people.

Jesus taught that having a right heart is what matters. Not how you wash your hands before you eat. Jesus rebuked the legalistic Pharisees many times. They took grace away from God and made it hard for man to be saved.

Also, we see in Scripture than many of the Jewish leaders (and Jews for that matter) had unbelief. Read the book of John.

Unbelief of the Jewish Leaders

"Finally the temple guards went back to the chief priests and Pharisees, who asked them, “Why didn’t you bring him in?”
“No one ever spoke the way this man does,” the guards declared.
“You mean he has deceived you also?” the Pharisees retorted. “Has any of the rulers or of the Pharisees believed in him? No! But this mob that knows nothing of the law—there is a curse on them.”
Nicodemus, who had gone to Jesus earlier and who was one of their own number, asked, “Does our law condemn anyone without first hearing him to find out what he is doing?”
They replied, “Are you from Galilee, too? Look into it, and you will find that a prophet does not come out of Galilee.”" (John 7:45-52)

I can provide more scripture that shows the Pharisees did not believe Jesus was God, if you want me to.

Jesus says only those who do the will of God are saved. The will of God is this ...

"For my Father’s will is that everyone who looks to the Son and believes in him shall have eternal life, and I will raise him up at the last day.” (John 6:40)

Once we have faith we become new creations. We now have the Spirit in us...

"Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!" (2 Corinthians 5:17)

We are told by faith ZGod gives his Spirit to us.

I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit in you; I will remove from you your heart of stone and give you a heart of flesh. (Ezekiel 36:26)

Then Peter said to them, "Repent, and let everyone of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins; and you shall receive the gift of the Holy Spirit. For the promise is to you and to your children, and to all who are afar off, as many as the Lord our God will call." (Acts 2:38)

"Now He who establishes us with you in Christ and has anointed us is God, who also has sealed us and given us the Spirit in our hearts as a deposit." (2 Corinthians 1:21)

Thank God for everything and love him, yourself, and your neighbors as he loved us. I shouldn't have to post Scripture to back up that sentence.

I just ask God this...

"God, have mercy on me, a sinner." (Luke 18:13)

Upvote 0

NatalieJan777

Humbled before GOD
Jul 30, 2009
Las Vegas, NV
✟17,605.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Think about what you just read when the criminal said to jesus when thous comes in to thy kingdom jesus is going to sit on david throne luke:1v 31-33 now were is david throne

I am a little bit confused now because I don't believe that the actual Physical "throne" of King David exists anymore but several things came to mind. Mainly Zion.

I know that King David was annointed by GOD in Bethlehem (1 Samuel 16). Annointed as King over Judah in Hebron (2 Samuel 2). Made a compact with Isreal to be their King in Hebron, Conquered and settled in Jerusalem (2 Samuel 5)(AKA = Zion, City of David).

After research I still come back to Zion. Can you help me a bit more to understand the point you are trying to get accrossed? I think about the criminal asking Jesus to remember him when he comes into HIS kingdom, but then "paradise today" is right behind it, which I cannot get out of the equation.

Upvote 0