Dec 29, 2006
✟428,307.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The Father and Son each have individual and separate wills, yet work in harmony as can be seen in various verses.

Saying, Father, if thou be willing, remove this cup from me: nevertheless not my will, but thine, be done. Luke 22:42 1 Tim. 3:16
16 Beyond all question, the mystery of godliness is great:
He appeared in a body,
was vindicated by the Spirit,
was seen by angels,
was preached among the nations,
was believed on in the world,
was taken up in glory.

The apostles were to baptize in the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.

Matthew 28:19
Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one. 1 John 5:7

Christ taught a distinction of Persons in the Godhead which He expressed in specific terms of relationship, as Father, Son, and Holy Ghost.

The Holy Spirit also has a will.
The Spirit distributes gifts to Christians "as He wills"(1 Corinthians 12:11). But it is God who sets members in the Church "as He pleases"(1 Corinthians 12:18). Genesis 1:2 - He "was hovering over the face of the waters"(compare Deut 32:11).
Genesis 6:3 - He strives with sinners.
Psalm 51:11; 139:7 - Indicate His personality (in their contexts).
Isaiah 48:13 - He can be informed, as by a counselor.
Matthew 1:18, 28 - Jesus conceived by the Spirit (also Luke 1:35).
Matthew 12:31-32 - He can be blasphemed (also Luke 12:18).
Luke 2:25-27 - Simeon "came by the Spirit into the temple."
John 3:5,6,8 - People are "born of the Spirit."
Acts 5:3,4 - He can be lied to.
Acts 7:51 - He can be resisted.
Acts 13:2 - He uses the first-Person pronouns "Me" and "I."
Acts 21:4 - Disciples speak to Paul "through the Spirit."
2 Corinthians 13:14 -"communion (or fellowship) of the Holy Spirit"(also Phil 2:1).
Ephesians 4:39 - He can be grieved (also Isaiah 63:19).
Hebrews 9:8 -"the Holy Spirit is indicating this."

overcomer

AKA 'OntheDL'
Mar 25, 2004
✟13,696.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
The Father and Son each have individual and separate wills, yet work in harmony as can be seen in various verses.

Saying, Father, if thou be willing, remove this cup from me: nevertheless not my will, but thine, be done. Luke 22:42 1 Tim. 3:16
16 Beyond all question, the mystery of godliness is great:
He appeared in a body,
was vindicated by the Spirit,
was seen by angels,
was preached among the nations,
was believed on in the world,
was taken up in glory.

The apostles were to baptize in the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.

Matthew 28:19
Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one. 1 John 5:7

Christ taught a distinction of Persons in the Godhead which He expressed in specific terms of relationship, as Father, Son, and Holy Ghost.

The Holy Spirit also has a will.
The Spirit distributes gifts to Christians "as He wills"(1 Corinthians 12:11). But it is God who sets members in the Church "as He pleases"(1 Corinthians 12:18). Genesis 1:2 - He "was hovering over the face of the waters"(compare Deut 32:11).
Genesis 6:3 - He strives with sinners.
Psalm 51:11; 139:7 - Indicate His personality (in their contexts).
Isaiah 48:13 - He can be informed, as by a counselor.
Matthew 1:18, 28 - Jesus conceived by the Spirit (also Luke 1:35).
Matthew 12:31-32 - He can be blasphemed (also Luke 12:18).
Luke 2:25-27 - Simeon "came by the Spirit into the temple."
John 3:5,6,8 - People are "born of the Spirit."
Acts 5:3,4 - He can be lied to.
Acts 7:51 - He can be resisted.
Acts 13:2 - He uses the first-Person pronouns "Me" and "I."
Acts 21:4 - Disciples speak to Paul "through the Spirit."
2 Corinthians 13:14 -"communion (or fellowship) of the Holy Spirit"(also Phil 2:1).
Ephesians 4:39 - He can be grieved (also Isaiah 63:19).
Hebrews 9:8 -"the Holy Spirit is indicating this."

Hi Reddogs,

Long time no speak. Speaking about the trinity might get the thread locked. However here are some thoughts...

1. Baptize 'in the name of the father, son and holy spirit' appeared in the bible once in Matt 28:19 while baptize 'in the name of Lord/Jesus' appeared in the bible four times: Act 2:38, 8:16, 10:48, 19:5.

Line upon line, precept upon precept, here a little, there a little...

2. The Johanine Comma (For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one. 1 John 5:7) never existed in the Greek text. Look up your KJV, the whole sentence is in Italic, meaning it was added. It only existed in the Latin Vulgate (the Catholic bible) and not even in the early Latin Vulgate, but in the later 9th century version. And that Latin text somehow got 'back-ported' into the Greek by Erasmus.

Otherwise that concept is not found anywhere in the bible. And you know in our sanctuary message? It's very silent on this subject.

Upvote 0

JojotheBeloved

Part of the Family
Apr 18, 2014
✟8,622.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
This is an intriguing subject, but I don't believe it to be one of salvific importance. However, since it is intriguing I have been in discussion with a friend who believes the trinity doctrine to be false and I have studied the subject with my friend's view in mind as well as with the traditional view. Both can be supported with intelligent biblical references. The Bible doesn't outright say that one or the other is actually the case. There may be a 3 individual person Godhead. There may be a 2 person Godhead. But then again, "Hear O Israel, the Lord our God, the Lord is one!" Deut. 6:4. God is bigger than we can fathom. He is mysterious and awesome. If we know the character and heart of the God we serve, do we need all the details? The Bible is very clear in describing God's character and will for humanity. It is very clear in its declaration that Jesus is the only way to salvation. It is very clear that God is still active in our lives and hearts and world today. Does it matter that we know exactly how? Can we trust the God we serve? I think we can. There's plenty of evidence that God is trustworthy.

Upvote 0

EastCoastRemnant

I Must Decrease That He May Increase
Site Supporter
Dec 8, 2010
Nova Scotia
✟188,109.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
The danger I see in the trinity doctrine as espoused by the Catholic church and repeated by our denomination is in the relationship of the Father and the Son and therefore our relationship with God and to each other. The model used says that each is equal with each other... how does that reconcile with scripture that clearly states that the Son is subject to the Father or that the Spirit is subject unto Christ and the Father. The Father and Son are one... one in purpose, not substance.

It is this doctrine that justifies the RC priest to command Christ to be subject to him and perform the transubstantiation ritual... that justifies that God is subject to the Pope here on earth. Pure heresy!

Upvote 0

Robert Bee

Jul 9, 2015
✟7,682.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
Trinity is not of GOD.
There is a line of command. GOD THE FATHER is in charge and always has been
JESUS wanted the will of the FATHER done. as father is head of the family.
This is BIBLE PRINCIPLE.
Yet in the BIBLE the son can represent the FATHER in the far country.
This is how we are created in the IMAGE OF GOD.
The LORD'S PRAYER, "Thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven"
Then the SDA church is run wrong with KINGLY POWER.
Everyone in the UNIVERSE has a job to see all is runn correctly.
On earth nothing is run in the order GOD requires and runs HEAVEN.
Angels have written in books about me and GOD in his wisdom is going to see I have been JUDGED FAIRLY by angels.
GOD is not a DICTATOR. EARTH is to be run like heaven is run. Well there is a lot to correct but who is going to be on side with GOD ?
Few will see heaven it seems
Not one spot but a holy priest hood will enter heaven. Think wisely friend

Upvote 0

reddogs

Contributor
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2006
✟428,307.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Hi Reddogs,

Long time no speak. Speaking about the trinity might get the thread locked. However here are some thoughts...

1. Baptize 'in the name of the father, son and holy spirit' appeared in the bible once in Matt 28:19 while baptize 'in the name of Lord/Jesus' appeared in the bible four times: Act 2:38, 8:16, 10:48, 19:5.

2. The Johanine Comma (For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one. 1 John 5:7) never existed in the Greek text. Look up your KJV, the whole sentence is in Italic, meaning it was added. It only existed in the Latin Vulgate (the Catholic bible) and not even in the early Latin Vulgate, but in the later 9th century version. And that Latin text somehow got 'back-ported' into the Greek by Erasmus.

Otherwise that concept is not found anywhere in the bible. And you know in our sanctuary message? It's very silent on this subject.

Well "Let us make man in our image" only appears once also, so cant put anything to that...
Genesis 1:26
And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

The Johanine Comma reflects what the rest of the Bible teaches, so no issue there.

Isaiah 9:6
For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

It is quite clear there is no other God beside the LORD Jehovah.

Isaiah 44:24 Thus saith the LORD, thy redeemer, and he that formed thee from the womb, I am the LORD that maketh all things; that stretcheth forth the heavens alone; that spreadeth abroad the earth by myself;

But Isaiah also adds the First and the Last along with there is no other God besides me:

Isaiah 44:6 So says Jehovah, the King of Israel, and His redeemer Jehovah of Hosts; I am the first, and I am the last; and besides Me there is no God.

and that He is the Jehovah and Lord of Hosts:
Isaiah 47:4
As for our redeemer, the LORD of hosts is his name, the Holy One of Israel.

Jesus in Revelation declares that He is the first and the last (Revelation 1:17, 2:8, 22:13).

Still in Revelation, God declares that He is the alpha and the omega:

"'I am the Alpha and the Omega,' says the Lord God, who is and who was and who is to come, the Almighty" (Revelation 1:8).

And then Jesus declares that He is the alpha and the omega:

"Behold, I am coming soon, bringing my recompense, to repay every one for what he has done. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the first and the last, the beginning and the end" (Revelation 22:12,13)

Last edited:
Upvote 0